Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Hello, my favorite community! I'm new member of TEDDY TALK!

My name is Julia Kovalchouk and my strange last name shows that I'm from Russia. :D
i'm rather new in bearmaking comparing such masters as all of you guys. Still I'm the only one bearmaker in my city.

Hope we'l become good friends.

Hugs and BIG RESPECT

Julia.

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hello Julia,

I already said hi to you but here is another (((( BIG WELCOME HUGS ))))) !!!!

Marie

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Hello Julia and the other new Teddy Talkers. I have not been able to get on the computer for awhile but will be Teddy talking again soon, bye for now.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hello there Julia, I believe we have said hello before on another forum. Nice to see you here. bear_original bear_original bear_original bear_original bear_original

Jane. bear_original

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Big hello and welcome Julia,we are all the best of friends here.:D

Hugs,Shari.

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Welcome Julia,
I'm only new too but look forward to chatting bear_original

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Hi Julia - Welcome to the group, always lovely to have new friends to make here :)

Catherine

Dilu Posts: 8,574

HELLO JULIA !!!

So glad to meet you.  We will love having you with us....We get very excited when new people join.  ( we means the gollies and me, but also everyone on the board too!

If you are the only bear maker does this mean you can corner the market in your city?  Maybe even give classes?  Any way to earn money to support our habits...:D:D:D

Do the people where you are like teddies?

Keep your eyes open for old hats, colors and coats-you could clean up on 'vintage' fur and turn it into bears and other critters?

Hugs to you and welcome

Dilu

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Hi Julia , its great to have you here..oh, and Sarah too.. Love getting new teddy makers..

Julia... it is really odd that there is only one bear maker in you area but wow! ...you could give classes and make some money and spread the word on teddy love...

If you want to  get started and noticed you can make a few Russian bears in their little Cassocks and call the newspaper out to do a " human Interest " story on you and you bears...that will get you noticed for no money ! ...Winney

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hi Julia!  And Welcome!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Julia and Sarah . . . welcome, welcome to Teddy Talk!!  Thanks so much for joining, and I hope you have lots of fun here.  I am really pleased that we are getting so many international members . . . making friends with other bear people from around the world is very exciting!!  bear_laugh bear_laugh

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Welcome Julia,

Lovely to have a Bear artist from Russia and it makes the world seem like a much smaller place!
We look forward to hearing from you and seeing some more of your lovely bears.

Bear hugs
Carolyn

Vladivostok, RUSSIA

OH, MY GOD!!!
Thank you guys. I'm almost crying, reading topic.
So nice of all of you to post notes! Thanks. A BIG one.:):D:)

About my lonelyness in teddymaking. People don't interest as mach as they do in the world. Teddy Bear is a brand that should be advertised first over here. Moscow more likely to have done this. They already have own bear show Teddymania. People get knocked out to hear prices. (Actually, it's not that high, as it could be:cool:)
About real fur. Thats not a problem at all. I look more and more to my mink coat and imagine HOW MANY BEARS I COULD SEW OUT OF IT!! Coat is very long. But...it's cold winter coming (-25-30ÂșC) so I can't do that. I plan to go to China this fall, where I'm going to buy rabbit, mink fur. New ones is cheaper over there then used ones in Russia. I thought I could cut my three leather jakets for paws, or maybe a whole leather bear. Did anyone try this?
Classes. Yes! I would take classes myself ...Extreme sculpting, shading....:rolleyes:
But I was thinking about some craft store or teddy and doll supply shop instad.Husband says: Nobody knows - nobody interests. So we discuss tis issue very often. Still he buys everything teddy in Japan

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Julia, I am betting, like Winney said, that once the people in your town see yur work they will want want want.

Maybe make small one that you wear as a broach on your blouse.  I am betting people will ask where you got it.

You could be totally shameless, bear_rolleyes and take one around with you.

Your hubby is underestimating that teddies represent comfort, warmth and love.  Everyone needs this.  And you have very very very COLD winters there.

What if you had ear protectors with bear faces, or a teddy whose tummy is a muff you can put your hands into for warmth, hot water bottle cover, add a small one to a hat. 

OK I will be quiet now.  must finish embroidering my impossible bear :/

Dilu bear_tongue

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Welcome to the board Julia!!!

Great to have someone here from Russia!

Danni

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hello Julia,
Oh, don't cry  bear_laugh I hope THE Teddymania show will come to your side in very near future .. ;)

This is just my though here about the supply...if you are buying all supply from JAPAN , it must be so expensive !? I am saying this because Japan is buying mohair and most of other supply from overseas too. For example, 1wool-felt  is 500YEN to 700YEN in Japan but Intercal has same wool felt for about same amount $5.00 but size are twice big!  For german mohair, I think price is twice or more if you compare to Intercal or Edinburgh..... 
Only if you are buying the Japanese Mohair
,they have no imported extra fee so you are not loosing any extra money there...

I like to support teddy bear business in Japan so I do buy some mohair and supply form them sometime but can't afford
for everytime...
Do you know this store( Bearycheap ) ?
http://www.bearycheap.com/
they are in AU. I love there ultra sued.(Mohair is gorgeous too) there ultra sued is very soft touch and price is less too.

PS1. sorry I know nothing about fur or leather
bear.....

PS2. Where in China are you going to ?
     I heard that Hong Kong had the 1st
     Teddy Bear Convention this year!!!
     How exiting bear_laugh   

Hugs/Marie

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Welcome Julia, look forward to chatting with you.

Very glad you joined us.

Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Marie, well, as we all know everything Japanese cost expencive. That's true. And despite my young age I'm very old-fashioned in buying stuff. I used to buy it in the store and get stuff right away.
The problem is how to get stuff from US and how long does it take. for ex. from Australia it took 2,5 mounth!!!
I almost forgot what I've ordered. And sure I know that great site...my husband's brother is studing in Sydney. So again, I'm planning to ask him to buy. Gosh, People have to travel to buy me mohair!!!! Maybe someday, I'll visit my old friends in Tacoma and buy mohair in US. :lol::lol::lol:

China. Not Hong Kong, unfortunatelly! just nearest town to make some shopping!:rolleyes:
Hugs
Julia

Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Karen, thanks! Just speaking of Australia!! I love koalas since my 1st grade. bear_original

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh..Julia, sorry to hear for the late mail service !!!! bear_sad
Intercal takes only max of 10days(some time 4days only!) to Japan with regular mail service. Edinburgh are 7days to 14days.
Bearycheap are max of 7days for my experience....  and I never had to wait
more than that. 
I am not aware of the mail service for
Russia so maybe this will not help you att all bear_ermm  Hmmm......... and maybe
your brother in-low can help you bear_tongue

Bear Hugs/Marie

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Thanks Mandie bear_original  I love Irish accents...if you are Irish lol

Julia, my father is russian. my parents are divorced and I don't see him anymore.  I have changed my name to Medina, my mothers maiden name (Spanish), but i used to be Minenko ;)

hugs sarah

Vladivostok, RUSSIA

I think the mail service FOR Russia is the same as for other countries.
But service IN Russia.....Sometimes, they even lost postage or something. Maybe if I contact some worldwide delivery companies it would be much safer. Still little postage will cost me probably around 70 US$ as far as I know. I think it a high price. Also plus mohair costs.

Probably I should contact Intercal, don't you think?

Vladivostok, RUSSIA
Dilu wrote:

Julia, I am betting, like Winney said, that once the people in your town see yur work they will want want want.

Maybe make small one that you wear as a broach on your blouse.  I am betting people will ask where you got it.

And you have very very very COLD winters there.

What if you had ear protectors with bear faces, or a teddy whose tummy is a muff you can put your hands into for warmth, hot water bottle cover, add a small one to a hat. 

Dilu :P

Little broach is a great idea!
Our winter is really cold and just ear protector wouldn't be enough. You need a fur or knitted hat! Maybe I have to sew a hat like one of my bears head. Just put it on and scare people around...

Dilu, you must show you bear!

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Hi Julia! A very big welcome. I know you will love it here and might I add that the Ladies...................well lets just say they are pretty good old birds!!:lol: lets see if anyone is reading?;)

Hugs Louise

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hey... Who are you calling old?!?  I'm not forty YET, woman!  :)

(Is that what you were looking for, Louise? :D)

Board footer