Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

bear_laugh Good Girl Shelli!! What the heck are you doing up so late Woman?????:o It is 12:44 AM here and must be at least 3:00AM there???

Silly Girl!:P

Hugs Louise

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

fg.jpgOh, I love all of you already!!I like your jokes and sense fo humor. And speaking of age...When you become a famous artist&? How much time would it take? Does your age have something to do with that?
I'm 28:rolleyes: No more secrets...

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Hi Julia,is that you??Your gorgeous girl!! I love your new avatar also.I don't think age has anything to do with it,some of us start early,some of us start late but we are all destined to be hooked at some time.An artist is an artist,it just takes longer for some of us to find our "true" medium.

Blessings,Shari.

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Welcome Julia.  I think the only way that age plays a part in this is that those of us who didn't get started until our 40's have to work harder to keep up with you younger ones.  I am no spring chicken (47) so I guess that makes me a summer hen.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hey Nina, and you're a lovely summer hen to boot.  I saw your photo online just the other day... not telling where... and envy that long ponytail of yours... bear_original

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh what a lovely photo of you Julia!!!!

You are very pretty!!   I'm 4 years your junior.

Danni

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Im a little late in my welcome.  Welcome Julia.

I was wondering how the age thing came up in this string until I went back to #27.  Age DOESN'T matter - especially when you started late!!!  Hopefully I can make a lot of bears before its to late, I just have some catching up to do thats all.:lol::lol:

Jane

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Wow Julia,  you are beautiful and so young !! :cool:

I turned to 37 last week.  I started making bears since winter of 2002 so it's about 3years now. I am no famous yet....or not sure if I will be !? :rolleyes:

I was going to post this information last night but my pc was down....sorry.
Here is the USA postal service fee to Russia.
Main USPS(United States Postal Service) page..
http://www.usps.com/

Enter Weight
http://ircalc.usps.gov/default.asp?Mode … &CID=10369

For 1pound(453g)
http://ircalc.usps.gov/intl_speed.asp?C … 1&Ounces=0

My last  shipping fee was $21.00USD( Airmail Parcel Post  ) and my order was 4 of 1/4 yd mohair and 1 of 1/3 mohair.  I think what you paid before was
the  Global Express Guaranteed® Document Service which is expensive but
it's guaranteed service.
I hope this will help you...a little ? maybe ? :P

Hugs/Marie
http://www.geocities.com/kipriebears/

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow oh wow . . . Julia, you are a goddess, you beautiful girl, you!!!  I didn't start making bears until I was 55 years old, so don't think age has anything to do with bearmaking! bear_grin bear_grin  What is that cute little furry thing you're holding?  Thanks so much for sharing your photo . . . you are a lovely young lady!!

Vladivostok, RUSSIA

fd.jpgWOW!! Ididn't expect compliments. Put the foto just you, guys to know whom you are talking with. You are all know each other so I desided to join with my face also.:P

Marie, you are truelly Japanese girl!! Thanks a lot!!!

Sue Ann that liitle furry thing is a BEAR!!!

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Wow, Julia you made new avatar !? good job bear_cool

The bear in your avatar is cute ♪♪

Hugs/Marie
http://www.geocities.com/kipriebears/

Vladivostok, RUSSIA

P1030698.jpgP1030643.jpgP1030632.jpgP1030625.jpgP1030685.jpgP1030633.jpgP1030639.jpgP1030657.jpgP1030644.jpgI saw beautiful pictures of teddy show in Zurich. WOW.

I also have a few pictures of one bear show I found. Maybe some of you attended the show. As far as I remember it was in Munchen (not sure about spelling:( )
Here some fotos.

Probably, somebody will recognise themself...let me know I'll mark the picture of a famous artist!

Vladivostok, RUSSIA

P1030706.jpgP1030702.jpgP1030699.jpgAnd some more.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

wow, amazing work!!

You must have had a ball!!

Danni

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Wow,those pictures are amazing,thanks so much for sharing them Julia :D

Hugs,Shari.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Julia, those photos are terrific.  Thanks for posting and sharing them.

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Julia..fab. photos...I had to laugh at those little bears in eggs, he, he...and the dressed lady is lovely...lots of real character  bears are always fun to see..thank's for the photos...Winney

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Hi Julia,

Fantastic photos, thanks for posting them!  I don't think I got a chance to say hello to you earlier, so better late than never.  Hello and welcome to the board!  Don't worry about getting a late start in making bears, I am your age and just started about a year ago.  Bear artists seem to have no age barriers, so have fun with it!

Hugs,
Kelly

Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Girls you're big welcome. Good you like the show:)
Pictures are great. Great artists, great bears.
I started to make bears in 2003. Rihgt now I'm planning to start making dolls. Got a clay, and stuff for it.
I found really talanted artist in my city who makes dolls for 15 years already!! How come we didn't across each other earlier???
So he persueve me to start to make dolls. i guess, I'll have to manage myself to make bears and dolls at one time. I'm really looking forward! I know some of you, girls, make dolls, so I thought it's not very strange I desided to start to make one.
Also he promised to make my web page on his cite! bear_laugh when I finish few more bears. http://www.mydolls.nm.ru./index.htm
Igor (that's his name) is now giving me e-mail master-class;).

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Hi Julia ( I think I said welcome before , but can't remember).

Thanks for sharing the pictures.  The talent at the show looks amazing.

Vladivostok, RUSSIA

I have my 2 web pages done. It's in Russian but you can see pictures of my bears not all of them cause it's just pages on our famous doll artist's website. He kindly made those pictures for me. JUST FOR FREE.
Thank you, Igor.

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Oooooh... I missed this topic !
Very belated welcome to you, beautiful Julia :).

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Welcome to the group, Julia. I love the bear on your avatar, she is adorable!

Vladivostok, RUSSIA

P101003710821086108710801088108610741072108510801077.jpgwow, gorgeous bears!!  living in Russia......hmmmm...what should I say....I'm Russian I love it. But...would loooove to visit Australia some day. (when I sell that much bears to get a ticket :lol::lol:) my brother-in-law studing in Sydney right now. And he is a yammy pie!  Smart, handsome, lonely Russian guy in Sydney!!

That's him, Anatoliy.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Whoa, Julia . . . your Brother-in-law is a hunk!  Think I need to send my single daughter to Sydney!

Board footer