Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

bumblebearies Bumblebearies
Calgary, Alberta
Website

me too... count me in for next year already please.    What was I thinking.... why was I making a doll when I could have been making a bear???  ...sigh.......

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

OUCH!!
I'll have to remember that I don't want anyone I give something to getting slugged with nasty fees like that!!

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

I have only sent one thing to Canada and it took its time and I think may of been opened by customs. If Canadian post ran the army they would be invincible! bear_tongue

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

I sent mine to Tammy in Canada and it got there pretty quickly, just about a week,  but I hope you didn't get hit with fees, did you, Tammy?????  I had no idea.

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

No worries Patty.  The mailman just handed it to me !!!  Canada Post can be fickle, but I've heard bad stories about UPS.   UPS charged me $17 broker fee on a $20 package of business cards a few months ago GRRRR !

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I FINALLY finished my ornament today! So one of you who is anxiously awaiting your ornament... be on the look out in the coming days!!!!  :dance:

I'm sending it with a Federal Agent who is hand carrying it all the way to it's destination so it doesn't get lost along the way! I've requested the most handsome hunk available!!!  :crackup:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Valentines day swap...yep, Shelli count me in too, only this one will be a golly not a bear.....I'm still in the dog house for not making a golly ornament to send out there.....Why are my babies always in such a hurry to leave home?

Hmmmmm

Oh I am so sorry for the ladies who got hit with customs, because I too believe this is a gift.  Can you re-package and try again?

UPS and brokers fees?  I think the lesson here is not to send anything north of the border by UPS.

Can anyone speak to Europe and UPS?  I am juast curious if they do this all over the world.

And the fees in Canada seem so terribly high....

bear_cry

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Wow, all of the ornaments are so pretty! This was a truly wonderful idea, Tami! Thank you!

I hope the person awaiting an ornament from me can be patient just a bit longer! This past week has been pretty hectic and I wasn't able to work on it as much as I would have liked. The good news is that it doesn't have to leave the US so it should be no problem getting it there before Christmas!
:pray: Please forgive me, secret swap person!

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

Looky what I got yesterday!
P1010022.JPG

Isn't "Snowball" just the sweetest?  bear_wub  bear_wub
He of course, is instantly recognizable as a PandyPotter Bear by Amanda!

Thank you so much Amanda,
Cheryl bear_flower

Oh by the way...no customs problems at all bear_original

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Cheryl you lucky lady you, Snowball is just so sweet  bear_wub

Hugs
Vicki

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

oh how cute.
these ornaments are just adorable.

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Dilu, I have received yours !* Thanks so much ! :hug:
The trick is I gave my parents address so I won't be able to see the little ornament until ten days or so...  bear_cry
Do you have a picture, dear friend ?  bear_wub

*in fact, I must say that the problem with the ornament which took several months to arrive to me last year was my city post office. There are parcels sent from France which have taken as long and sometimes even longer to arrive... Now I only give my parents' address for parcels and never have problems anymore  :rose:.

Hugs !

And thanks for the cards ! I know I have received some but I have to wait to see them !

Staffordshire, UK

This has been a lovely idea. I ended up making three more baubles. A penguin one for my daughter, a panda and another bear. There have been some great ideas.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Do you have pictures Of the others you made Amanda? We would like to see. bear_grin

Staffordshire, UK

IMG_1964.JPGIMG_1927.JPGI'm afraid I sent two baubles off in a rush and never took photos. Here is a photo of Amy's penguin one. A bit blurry as I hae'nt got my light tent set up. I loved making them and if I had more time would have done some more. This has been a brilliant project.

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Cheryl! How lucky you are!!! Those are adorable Amanda!!!

This is great fun so far! I agree it would be fabulous to see them all on one tree! If we do this as an annual tradition  one year our trees will be full of lovely bear ornaments!

I'm looking forward to seeing yours from Dilu, Marion!

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

SantaBears.jpgHE'S HERE, HE'S HERE...and yes I'm yelling!!!  The suspense has been killing me and Daphne has not made it any easier the little tormenter.  I didn't even get the pleasure of attacking the mailman either because I wasn't home when he arrived...how ruuuuuuuude!!!

Here is my little Santa Bear Claus complete with his own little kitten that doesn't need to be fed, taken to the vet or otherwise cared for in any way by ME.  HA!!!  Isn't just adorable.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE him.  I think he shall remain out in the hutch all year round...how could I possibly put him and his kitty in a box.  I even demoted one of my prized precious moments ornaments to a lower position on my tree :).

Thank you so very Daphne!!!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Amanda and Daphne you have both made such beautiful ornaments.  That santa is just the cutest thing Daphne !  for those who haven't seen it yet, I've created a TT tree with all of the ornaments together.

http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=12185

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

He's adorable Shantell! Way to go Daphne!

OK, Folks, we are ten days away from the deadline of December 24th.  According to the posts, there are still 16 people (out of 30) who have not received their ornaments yet, but four of them should expect theirs soon, because four people have said theirs are on the way. If you haven't sent yours yet, time to get moving!! bear_grin

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

xmas-ornament.jpgHere is a picture of the christmas ornament swap I did with Melissa and it is wonderful.  Tammy you can add it to the tree.
I still have a secret swap that has not arrived yet...and I don't think mine has arrived to their new owners yet.

zemeski Posts: 434
Lhearn wrote:

Here is a picture of the christmas ornament swap I did with Melissa and it is wonderful.  Tammy you can add it to the tree.
I still have a secret swap that has not arrived yet...and I don't think mine has arrived to their new owners yet.

Lynn - I'm still waiting for my ornament from you. I'm sure the USPS has slowed down since my Postal Carrier is now coming at 4:00 p.m. instead of 11:00 a.m.. I was told USPS has an extra Postal Carrier that picks up and delivers sperate from the mail carrier this year. I did most all my shopping on line this year and I  have noticed a lot of people in my neighborhood have had deliveries. So, I bet the Postal Service is overloaded.
The brown boys (UPS) truck come twice a day right now. All kinds of packages coming. All I can say is I hope they get paid well!!!

imagine one tree with all these fantabulous ornaments on it!

Marion!!!  I am so excited that he got there BRFOR VALENTINES DAY!!!  WooHoo!

yes, I have a piccy

i hope you like him... and I'll post the piccy

Wow!  That was so much faster than last time.

merry Christmas Marion!

great big hugs

dilu

I guess I don't have a piccy-I had to get him out and aparently the camera wasn't back yet...

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Please have patience with me.  Life gets in the way sometimes.  I'll get my ornament to my swap partner even if I have to "Overnight" it!   bear_tongue

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

I sent mine off a good while ago...but it had a long way to go...dunno anymore than that...and I have received nothing thus far...Tami...perhaps you can check...since you have the list...has mine been received?? that is most important to me...
Hugs &

Board footer