Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

majdle Posts: 130
Website

Hi bearies!
Not even a week has passed since I told you about my "lawyer trouble" and here´s more...I went to visit my Grandma yesterday and with a poker face she told me she´s ready to file a lawsuit against me - you see, she officially gave me her house (not even a heritage, but we made a contract I´d take the house and let her live in it till the end of her days) - well, that was some 6 years ago and now she wants me to visit her more often and maybe to go live with her - but there´s a problem - whenever I come to her, she calls me names and she said she´d sew me over the house if I don´t shoot my two doggies (she´s always hated animals - she even killed my kitty when I was about 10 years old, not talking about my pet rabbit she made dinner out of when I was about 5)  - of course, I would NEVER do such a thing - I´d rather be homeless..so now it´s here - she filed a lawsuit stating I don´t treat her properly..she also filed one against my Dad (her own son!!), so I´m not alone in it and Dad is willing to pay the lawyer for me. But it makes me sick anyway..and it´s not even like she´s senile - her brains  work just fine - she´s always been like that:-( Gosh, is this normal??? I mean, I´m actually thinking about signing the house back to her,because I find suing my own Grandma disgusting.:-(

Jennie Teddybears Sweden
Gavle, Sweden

Oh my god.. I don't know what to say! I just feel so sorry for you and all this trouble! But as you say, I would also rather be homless then kill my ferrets!!!!  bear_angry

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Oh dear, your Grandma seems like a bit of a handful!!

I find it sad that people have so much spite inside of them.

Magdalena, I feel very very sorry for you - I can understand why you'd want to sign the house back over to her....I'd want nothing to do with her! Your dad must be very angry too.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh my . . . your grandma sounds like a very hateful woman.  What a terrible dilemma, Magdalena!  I'm so sorry!

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

OMG!  Your grandmother does sound like a hateful, mean person. bear_sad  I am so sorry for you and your dad.  That would be so hard to handle.......when it's your own family member who is supposed to be loving, not filing crazy lawsuits against you or wanting to kill your pets.  I totally understand why you may want to sign the house back to her.  What an awful situation! bear_sad

You are in my thoughts and prayers Magda.  Sending huge hugs to you..................
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Tracy

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Magda: this is about control and she is trying to do that to you....It sounds like she has lived in hate and evil her whole life. Thank goodness you don't live in that mean spirited body of hers!!! But I've worked with geriatric patients when doing direct patient care. Organisity (i.e. dementia) is insidious. Meaning, it is slow to come on and years to detect. Family members will not notice for a long time and one day somebody will say "hmmm, grandma is meaner than she use to be...". Personality changes are a symptom.  That is a sign there might be organisity or other medical problems. Premorbid, she was already rotten but these traits can become exacerbated over time if there is some dementia happening. She may very well need to see a doctor to rule out any medical or organic diagnosis.

In the mean time, get out from under her controlling thumb. Give her back the damned house and wish her well. Life is too short to live in misery Magda....

Best of luck to you

Michelle

Dilu Posts: 8,574

hmmmm  Grandma sounds like a trip. 

Are you sure we aren't related? 

Talk about strings attached to everything. 

No gift is worth it if the strings attached require the death of beloved animals and the abdications of one's freedom.

I speak from experience-long experience-living with a bipolar mom who had occassional bouts of total insanity....( as opposed to the partial we all endured when she was on off with medications)

But I always think there is a silver lining........I was adopted!  Woohooo......

but I digress.....

you got a handful of grandmatrouble....

Sally Psychnurse here says you need to listen to Michelle....Grandma is only going to get worse-and unless you have an incredibly strong ID she could do a real number on your confidence

Perhaps she needs to be conserved?  Bet she will be eventually

goodluck

gollyhugs
dilu

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Ohh wow...so sorry you are going thru stuff like this...but it does bring back some words of wisdom my dad(who has been gone for over 14 years) said to me..."remember, you can pick your friends, but sometimes you are stuck with your family" sounds like you need to not be stuck like this any longer!! Sending you major hugs & wishes for this to work out ok!!!

Hugs &

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

I am so sorry for you Magdalena - what a horrid situation to be in.
So hard when your Grandma is doing this, to her own Grandaughter.
All I can say is I hope that she comes to her senses and realize that she is hurting you.
Sending hugs your way.

Hugs
Carolyn
:hug:  bear_flower  :hug:

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

She sounds completely mental!!!  I'm sorry!   :hug:

TeddyB Posts: 83

It sounds like to me Grandma wants some attention. It also sounds like grandma has a lot of hurt and disappoints there that she has not dealt with in her life and the only way she knows how to deal with it is to lash out at other people. If grandma don't like animals you have to make sure when you go to visit that you don't take your pets with you to see grandma. You over come evil with good. I understand where you are I am in a similar situation (MIL). Sometimes it is good not to go around our love ones for awhile, because of their attitudes, personalities etc. because it brings us down and that is not good. We have to enjoy life as much as possible everyday we don't know what tomorrow holds for us but we can enjoy the moment we are in. grandma is carrying around a lot of hurt, pain, disappoints that she has never talked about and who knows you might be the one to get to the bottom of it and help grandma become a better person in her attitude and way of thinking. Talk to her and find out exactly what it is she wants and see if you can do what she is asking and if not come to some kind of compromise.
Good luck I will be praying for you!!

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh Magdalena , I don't know what to say it to you but
I am very sorry.......
I just hope your grandma hear your voice and
re think about the low suit.  bear_cry

Please hung in there.
hugs
Marie

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

That's terrible.  It sounds like it is about control.  Good luck.  Sending you hugs.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Oh my so sorry for your troubles !!! Oh boy !! And lawyers are even worse !! They will fule the fire till every ones money is theres ....believe me  bear_cry  Give her back the house and say good by !!! Sounds terrible but sounds like she is to hateful to deal with ... let GOD deal with her.

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :pray:

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Went through a similar scenario years back over an elderly woman and her house and dog.  In the end, we refused her offers and went separate ways.  MUCH harder when its your own grandmother doing this ~ especially with the legalities thrown in your face. 

I do think an evaluation is in order, as mean or otherwise, she does sound as though she's getting worse.  Big hugs winging their way to you  :hug:

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Oh Dear Oh Dear..............families, who'd have them huh?  :pray:

Can you not have her put in a home, have her pronounced mad and commited to an asylum..........or are you digging the foundations for a house extension that you could discretely make her disappear into?
NO?
Well, i suggest you take the old dear to court - she may be old but she's mean and unless you intend to be a martyr to the old girl and let her ruin your life you gotta show her who's boss. You should have legal claim to the property - see a lawyer, it may be the only way sweetie.

If she gives you anymore trouble just send for PenPen and i'll come and put her in her place for you - she ain't seen nothin until she's seen me on a rant! Shoot your dogs.........what is this woman on? Cut down her medication it's making her nuts.

Seriously............i really hope you get this sorted out, it must be awful for you and the rest of your family.

Penny  :hug:

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

:You can only control yourself and your reactions , you can never control anyone else. You must do that which you know you can live with. You can't go around having guilt and anxiety over things, it affects your health and your happiness.
Do what you feel you need too, if that means giving her the house and walking away, that is what you should do. If you don't think you can stand fighting for the house after all this time, then don't.
You are what matters after all and you have to live with it much longer than Grandma will.
That's my best advice, this is from experience. My mother was unstable as well and very good at Mean, Nasty and Hurtful. It took along time to get over some of the hurts, but I learned that my happiness was very important. I have very little contact with her now. I have very little contact with her at all, and life is much more pleasant. You do what you have too, it is after all your life too!!!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Life is  just way too short for this stuff - tell her she can have her house back and walk away, QUICKLY and be happy about it.  YOU WILL BE FREE OF HER!  NO house is worth this aggrivation!

hugs,

Brenda

Celena Oxford

Oh dear Magda....so sorry to hear about this  bear_sad   She is a handful, isn't she?  How could a grandma do that to her grandchild  bear_sad   Then again, I used to have a grandma (my dad's mom), who loved to "poison" or "brainwash" my dad against me...to a point that my dad won't pay for my further education! 

I do really hope you get it sorted out soon.  Must be terrible stress for you.  Poor darling, lots of hugs and best wishes from me  :hug:

Celena  :hug:

Board footer