Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Shocked? That's hard to believe, Aleta! Your studio is so gorgeous!

It's not fair that I'm sick. I just recovered from a week-long cold. I only had about 3 days in between. bear_sad

articicle Posts: 119

r470729295.jpg

WHOA, Did I miss the party?

-articicle

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Well guys, I am popping out for a bit but I'll be back in an hours or so....For those who are not on line when I get back, I hope all of you have a wonderful christmas and a happy new year.

Michelle

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

No...... got an hour and half left!!! Welcome!

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

No, this is the first one.  It's actually a pre-New Year's party taking place on the Friday before.  We know most of the people invited have to work the next day so we know people won't drink as much.  If they do, we call a cab or they can stay in one of the guest rooms. 

We normally do a company Christmas party.  We would have done that again this year but we had some health issuea pop up which left everything very much up in the air.

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Well it sounds like a ton of fun.  I love to decorate for parties.  Gave my parents a big 50th wedding anniversary party a couple years ago.

I've been busy trying to redign my churches webpages.  I had took care of them long ago then someone else took over and now I got the ball back a couple years later.  My web skills are rusty, moreover there is is many bells and whistles out there that I am floored. 

Why can I just be a classical artist and draw pretty pictures, rather than be dragged into all this tech???!!!!

Portland, Oregon
Website

Merry Christmas, Dee!!!  :bday:

Merry Christmas.....ummmm, articicle!!   :bday:   Welcome to TT!!  You're a newbie.....at least a newbie to me.  I've been away for awhile.

Merry Christmas, Sandi!!! :bday:

I've given up decorating my house right now for Christmas, at this point I'd settle for just cleaning it up.

Penn Valley, CA

Hello and merry Christmas Articicle.

Thanks! Merry Christmas to you as well. I hope the health issues you mentioned aren't too serious and won't be an issue for too long. :hug:

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

hihihihihi...am back!  For now.  =P

My kid just got into the grandparents' daily vitamin/prescription pill holder---my husband is on the phone with Poison Control right now!  w00t!  The child had climbed into his high chair at Grandma's house and found the pill container..we're missing one pill, it's the grandparents dexadrin [for ADD], but so far Poison Control seems more worried about the possible vitamin pill contamination---he licked a few of the vitamin pills.

Amelia

Aleta - The Silly Bear wrote:

Merry Christmas.....ummmm, articicle!!   :bday:   Welcome to TT!!  You're a newbie.....at least a newbie to me.  I've been away for awhile.

I'm such a newbie I still have bubble wrap on me.  I've only made one bear so far, but I think it will become a new hobbie for sure, maybe a new income?  My "real" work is in delivering medical records and some artwork on the side... lately mostly window murals.  Lots of Christmas stuff right now.

-articicle

Portland, Oregon
Website

Oh Sandi,
You wouldn't believe what a mess I have going in there!!  My Mom was even shocked when she came to visit last week.  I'm afraid I've just gone from one project to the next and so on.  Don't be surprised if you see bears with a faint sign of glitter in their fur.  I've just had so much turmoil in these past few weeks.  My studio is where it shows......

There and my family room.  When I feel out of control I do something within my control.  Usually I do something radically different with my hair.....like color it red!  Well, rather than color my hair red, I painted my family room red!! 

Oh, I'm such a case!

Oh, no, Amelia! I hope your little one will be okay and the vitamins too!

aleta- the bear that is in you icon... can you tell me the detials of the tag on his vest... I can only really make out the number 3.

I'm a big fan of the older classic teddy look, as well as bears with creative charisma... like big feet or nice expressions.  Although the newer anime bears really are not my thing.

-articicle

Penn Valley, CA

I know how you feel, Aleta. I have outgrown my sewing room.  I have brought most of my bear stuff upstairs and I'm occupying the dining room table.  This happened when I moved my computer station into my sewing room.   We have 400 sq ft unfinished, needs sheetrock, wiring and carpet.  As soon as that's done, that will be my new studio.

Penn Valley, CA

Amelia,  I hope your little one will be OK.  How scary.   BTW, I love the little dancing bear on your website.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA
articicle wrote:

Why can I just be a classical artist and draw pretty pictures, rather than be dragged into all this tech???!!!!

I studied graphic design in college... back when that meant paper, rulers, pencils, pens and it was the bright light you sat under for hours at a time while staring at paper that made your eyes hurt!!! Jeesh, did I get OLD all of a sudden!

Penn Valley, CA

I'm checking your websites as long as I'm sitting here at my computer.   Daphne, your dad knits???  How cool is that?

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Aleta you crack me up! How on earth did you find time to paint a room!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

My studio is such a mess that I can't work in it anymore so moved to the dining room table, kitchen counter, couch & cofffee table. I've now made a mess out of the whole house! If it wasn't winter I'd be working out in the back yard! bear_wacko

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Everyone!

Just arrived back from our Christmas luncheon with our staff.
Had a great meal and some Moet to get us in the mood.
We went up the Sky Tower which is a rotating restaurant that looks down over the City of Auckland.
Had some great food and a lot of laughs.

How is the Christmas shopping going? all the presents wrapped and under the tree.
Not many sleeps now until Santa comes down the chimney!

Hugs
Carolyn

bear_flower

I studied grapic design as well. I worked for a newspaper for a few years as a designer, but it wasn't too high tech. I'm a little overwhelmed with it all now.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Patty - I get all of my craftiness from my dad. bear_grin

He used to knit, sew, bake, fix anything wrong with your car, write computer software programs, build anything out of wood.... you name it, he could do it!

Since all of his health problems this year he's lost the fine motor skills on his right side and is also too fatigued to be able to concentrate. I have many wonderful bear sweaters that I'll NEVER part with!

Board footer