Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Oh, that's no good, Gemma. I have a sick little one too. She's napping right now though. We both caught a cold yesterday. bear_sad

sarahjane Brisbane

Bron that sounds great....It's pretty relaxed around here too, I'm usually such a zombie after being up till 4 the up again at 5 with the kids that the day just sort of floats by in a haze....

Who is sick Gem...Tyler was up vomiting last night!!  bear_cry

sarahjane Brisbane

Looks like everyone has sick kids at the moment....not you I hope Bron you've had enough sickness to last a while!!!

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

bear_ermm
oh, boy!
Just got a frozen muschovy duck from a neighbor! Does anyone have a good Christmas duck recipe?

sarahjane Brisbane

I've never eaten duck...is it good??

I've never had duck either.

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
not that I want anyone to be sick but its NOT mine  :crackup:

ha!!
This year everything is wrapped!  The kids stockings are already divided ready to go (not in their stockingsin bags).  The plan is on Sunday to wear them out totally so they drop!  They will also have a very late night Saturday!
I have a plan for some major active games for them while cooking and the like.
One year I finished at 1am only to have Tiffany wake up at 2am and start i on the gifts  I was up at 2.30 threatening her with blue murder.  :crackup:

sarahjane Brisbane

I was up at 2.30 threatening her with blue murder.  crackup

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:   Been there Bron!!  I have the most trouble getting them all to sleep at the same time so we can get their stockings out...it seems that someone is always awake!!!

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Sarah,
I'm not sure? But I have to be sure not to tell my sister  bear_ermm  She has pet ducks!

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

Ack...I was thinking it started five pm MY time---I'm daft!!  Happy Holidays and all the very BEARY BEST in 2007 to every person here!  =)

Amelia

karenaus Melbourne
Website

Good morning and Merry Christmas Everyone bear_original  Wow some serious partying done already lol..... I might join in with those chockies;) or maybe a Mince Pie, mmmm

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Oh, I envy you all with your kids still at home.  So much fun.  I miss that.  My girls are grown and out of the house.  No grandkids yet.  We'll be going to visit our oldest and her husband in Nashville (5 hour plane ride) on January 4th.  We'll have Christmas there.  I haven't done any Christmas shopping.  I'll do it when we get to Nashville.  Our younger daughter (22) will come with us.

I can't wait for grandkids.  boo hoo.  I'm really feeling sorry for myself today.

If Natalia is feeling better, she's going to Grandma's tomorrow so I can finish up my wrapping. I try to do a little while she's napping, but I get so nervous that she's gonna catch me! She is super quiet and sneaky when she wakes up! bear_laugh

I think it was her 2nd Christmas that she found the present stash. By the time I found her, she was working on unwrapping her 6th gift!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

JANE... thank you for getting this started! I goofed! Sarah, I dropped the ball! Sorry! bear_sad Teach me!!!

Haven't read the 4 hours and 7 pages of posts but hope everyone is having fun. Won't be a ton of us on all at once but everyone will hopefully check in at some point.

Sick kids and duck..... YUCK! bear_tongue

QUESTION:
What GOOD thing happened in your life this year that stands out above the rest?

Ripley, Queensland

Patty why don't you grab a gift or 2 (IF it can be afforded) and pop it under a wishing tree.  They would have those in the US wouldn't they?
That way you get to really be Santa and make a special time for a child.

I try to get at least one or 2 items.

Another thing I have done is to pay a toll for the car behind me.  Why? Its a nice thing to do and hopefully will make them smile.  Carry it with you and spread the cheer.  And hopefuilly you will have a motza of grandkids in the future to spoil rotten!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi everyone, I'm back. Dinner took a long time then I found my husband had taken over on the computer. I've got him giving the dogs some treats so I can join in once again.

Jane.

sarahjane Brisbane

QUESTION:

Well it's been a really terrible year for me....but I found TT and started making bears so it wasn't all bad!!  bear_grin

Ripley, Queensland

Oh Jane gotta love it  :crackup:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

Tammy those cookies look wonderful,

Jane.

Ripley, Queensland

Hmmm too many to mention.  But watching Lauren reach all the milestones that we were told that she wouldn't is the one that really stands out

sarahjane Brisbane

Just going offline for a minute...I've gotta print out my ad and see if it looks ok....The computer is falling apart and last night our keyboard and mouse died, so we've had to plug them into our usb ports and now can't do anything else unless we go offline and free up a port to work from....(make sense??)  bear_wacko

Daphne wrote:

QUESTION:

I got knocked up just as planned! Woo hoo! bear_laugh Only 3 1/2 months to go!

Ripley, Queensland

woohoo!
see staying up late now is just practice for later  :crackup:

Makes sense, Sarah, but doesn't sound fun. bear_ermm

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

As an early Christmas gift I have bought theatre tickets for my daughter Sarah and son David for tomorrow, they are off to London to see 'The Producers'. Has anyone here seen the show? I have seen both dvds, the old version of the film and the new one. Both are fantastic.

Jane.

Board footer