Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

It's only 4:15 p.m. here, so I guess I better practice a little more!

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

I'm back.  Oh wait!  BRB

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Aleta, I've just got back. My husband is waiting to get back online...no hope! Well not yet anyway. 
bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Jane

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

..oooh, this is the first time I've seen Aleta's new avatar!  Hardly recognized you---gorgeous bear!

Amelia

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

I'm lucky hubby is off at work!  But I am being hounded by the girls so we will be going later to see Santa Clause 3

Portland, Oregon
Website

A little delay there.  Thought I'd better pop some laundry in and grab myself a bowl of cocoa puffs.    I'm multi-tasking now!! :crackup:

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Why not multi task that is why we are a talented bunch we CAN multi task.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

Hi Amelia, why are you hiding behind sun glasses and your hand in your picture. I'd love you to put a new picture up where we can see you properly. How about it?

Aleta are cocoa puffs really party food...tut tut, we need REAL party food
If any of you could choose just one party food what would it be?

Jane.  bear_flower

Portland, Oregon
Website

Thank you, Amelia.  The bear isn't "New", per se.  I've been keeping him under wraps until I could get my hands on a copy of the TBCI October issue.  I thought it would be nice to include a copy of the magazine when I list the bear.  Some collectors like that kind of thing.

Kalispell, Montana

Okay, so our family is off on Saturday to Seattle, Washington [you know, where all the power outages are?] for Christmas Eve, and then up to Anacortes Christmas Day---I am thinking of getting some cookie baskets together for the various family members.  Anyone have any absolutely scrumptious recipes for fast, easy cookies that look like a million dollars when done up in a little cellophane and Christmas pretties? 

I have some new Christmas rubber stamps and was thinking of making sugar cookies with a stamped impression in the top, then dusting with colored powder to make 'em stand out..

Amelia

Portland, Oregon
Website

Cocoa Puffs.....cereal.  My absolute, hands down, favorite.  I eat them for breakfast and lunch.....and sometimes as a snack.  Delicious!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

Amelia I'll have a look through my receipe books to see what I can come up with. I'll post them later.

Jane.

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Amelia,  do you have a cookie press?  Quick and easy and turn out very cute.

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Sorry, I'm back! I've bee on the phone to NHS Direct.....  bear_ermm

Kalispell, Montana

*LOL*  Jane, I like that photo!  Those were my absolute favorite pairs of sunglasses in the world, and I think someone sat on 'em...  *sigh*

I will hunt about for another photo..

..and cocoa puffs ARE food!  Manna from heaven, that's the only way to explain their culinary excellence!!

Amelia

Portland, Oregon
Website

What a great idea, Amelia!!  Using rubber stamps on your cookies!!  If I actually baked I would try that.   bear_original   Oh, and if your going to Anacortes, be sure to blow kisses in the direction of the Bunnies by the Bay store and museum.  Oh wait!  That's LaConner.  Close by though.  The BBTB factory used to be in Anacortes.  That's what I was thinking.

wendi Toggle Teddies
Derbyshire
Website

hello all  bear_original  any room at the party for another one :dance:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies

1/4 C. cocoa
1 C. peanut butter
1/2 C. margarine
1 1/2 t. vanilla
1/2 C. milk
1/2 t. salt
2 C. sugar
3-4 C. uncooked quick oats
1 1/2 C. chopped pecans

In large saucepan melt butter. Add milk, sugar and cocoa; stir until dissolved. Let bubble 1 minute. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla.

Add oatmeal and let stand until cooled. Add nuts and beat until thick. Put by spoonfuls on cookie sheet. Leave until dry.

A Quick Cookie Recipe

Ingredients

1/4 cup Margarine
1 egg
1/4 tsp vanilla
8 oz. package of cream cheese
One "pudding In the mix" type cake mix
Directions

Cream together margarine and cream cheese. Mix in vanilla and the egg. Slowly mix in the cake mix. Chill for 1/2 hour. Drop by rounded teaspoons on to an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes or until done.

By varying the flavor of the cake mix, you can create different cookies. In my house a few of the favorites are:

Chocolate cake mix with chocolate chips added.
Yellow cake mix with chocolate chips added
Spice cake mix with rasins added.

Jane.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

Hi Wendy, welcome to the Chrissy party...how are you doing, are you ready for Christmas yet?

Jane.  bear_flower

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Hi!  Just popped in for a quick hello and spin around the party floor bear_grin

Amelia - love the cookie idea!  I've use the large and small cookie press pieces in the past.  I once did a gingerbread press and just added a touch of red color with a fine paint brush to his bow....that helped to make him stand out.  (and the painted food coloring after baking)

( I should always spell check...I'm a terrible fast typer....

wendi Toggle Teddies
Derbyshire
Website

hi jane, yep just about ready, just got the food shop to do, how about you?

Portland, Oregon
Website

Oh Jane!  I laughed out loud at your second recipe. {Size 12} - A quick cookie recipe.  bear_shocked

Oh Poo.....you fixed it.   bear_happy

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

Yep I noticed that Aleta, I've changed it now before everyone thought their dress size would end up at size 12...mind you in the uk size 12 is not very big at all so a lot of us Brits wouldn't mind, me for one, I'm a big lump and size 12 sounds wonderful to me.  bear_grin

Jane.  bear_grin

wendi Toggle Teddies
Derbyshire
Website

hi chrissi

mmm gingerbread... yummy bear_wub

sarahjane Brisbane

I'm back....gee you lot talk fast!!!  bear_grin

Board footer