Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836
WildThyme wrote:

I'm usually not the type to participate in group hugs, 'cause I'm more the shy type... but....

Group HUGS!

Kim Basta

GROUP HUGS!!!  :hug:  bear_original  :hug:

:hug:
~Chrissi

Ps..yes I saw the movie too bear_original Instead of paying back a good deed you pay it forward (in the movie it's to 3 new people....but whatever works.. 1,2,or 3 it's all good in the end!!)

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Natasha: I have a extra mohair I will never use. I'll send it to you. Look for a PM from me so I can get your address....

One thing here in this world is to help others when you can. So, down the road, if you can help someone via making a bear or helping them with something else that would be nice. As stated in the other posts above "pay it forward" when you can to help others in this world....

greatwon2 AlmostBears
Tasmania

oh i will...never fear  its been my intention all along to pass on to others the kindness and generosity of spirit that ive been fortunate to recieve via all you wonderful, giving teddy talkers!

K Pawz Guest

:hug: Group hug :hug:
Hugs,
Krista

greatwon2 AlmostBears
Tasmania

hello all
ive been busy making a pattern and using it to make a bear from the mohair send to me by wendy(matilda huggington beare - whose creations are awsome by the way!!)well i promised you pictures so heres the first of many

Introducing.......'Lil Arrows'
WingsFront.jpg

Enjoy,
Natasha

sheilaleigh Sheila Leigh
Lincoln, Nebraska

Lil Arrow is fantastic!   :dance:  I just noticed this post this evening.  I was going to send you some fabric too since I make mini bears, but I noticed that everyone has the same idea. 

bear hugs,
Sheila

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Natasha - he/she is adorable!  See  - you're doing better already, you just needed the right materials!!!   

He has a gorgeous face.  You've done great!

Danni

greatwon2 AlmostBears
Tasmania

thanks so much
the pattern still needs some tweaking but i think hes cute too bear_grin

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hello Natasha,
your angel bear is so cute !! :love:
I like his foot ! what fabric is that ??
it look so flat & very nice !!  bear_flower

StarHawk2003 VallierBears
Shropshire

Oh my! With the right meterial I see a great  bear maker coming along here! Darn, Wish I was that good!

That bear is just adorable and already you can see with the mohair how fantastic it is!

I just got my shipment of fabrics in, I will be sending them through in the next few days :)

Keep up the good work and your fantastic pattern making!

Richy~

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

Ohhh Natasha
It´s a beautiful bear.
I love the color  bear_wub

greatwon2 AlmostBears
Tasmania

gee if youse keep it up my head wont fit through the door and ill be doomed to spending the rest of my life sitting here using my computer and not doing housework,yardwork,cooking,looking after the kids.............MORE MORE..please

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

He certainly has come up a treat Natty. Well done  :clap:  :clap:  bear_thumb

Ely Nebraska

Awwwe, you're bear is so cute!  You did a great job.   bear_thumb

K Pawz Guest

OH Natasha you have done an amazing job on him. bear_wub ..I knew that all it would take was the right fabric, since the artist had the right stuff!!! I have sent you off a package too, but it may take a bit coming from Canada!!

Hugs,
Krista

greatwon2 AlmostBears
Tasmania

thanks very much
im working on the next one now, bear_grin

greatwon2 AlmostBears
Tasmania

well here he is(for better or worse bear_grin )
i tried to make a more traditional looking bear,but didnt quite pull it off....almost,but not quite...lol
he was really hard to photograph too so he does actually look a bit better in the fur.
i was making him for the floppy challange but he turned out more crinkly than floppyso thats out :crackup:
i think i'll call him alfred

Bear1.jpg
Bearbest.jpg

thanks for looking(if you did bear_grin )
Natasha

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:clap:  :clap: Natasha, you've definitely got your own style going all ready...and what cuties you've been able to make all ready  bear_thumb

I'm late, but couldn't agree with the others more ~ quality material makes a huge deference in ease of sewing, stuffing, and certainly the end appearance of the bear.  I'm sure your frustration levels dropped immensely getting to make 'Lil Arrows'.   bear_wub

Thanks for restoring my faith in the teddy bear world everyone  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

greatwon2 AlmostBears
Tasmania

Natasha, you've definitely got your own style going all ready...

is that the messed up footpad style????cant remember when i joined that club but i obviously did :crackup:
ill get the hang of it tho even if it takes me a hundred years :crackup:
thanks tho for the compliment and i agree that it has been a very nice post to be a part of
and im working on another bear again so more pics to come soon(gee,i hope you all like pictures bear_ermm )

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Well, Natasha . . . I think you've got a great start toward the goal in the subject of this thread.  You are already making 'nice bears'!!  Way to go!

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:crackup:  bear_laugh  That's the perfectionist in you speaking....trust me, been there, done that, am still collecting the wardrobe  bear_thumb   

The fact that you're picky about your footpads, or your stitches, or the ear placement, or a hundred little things about your bears, shows that you care.  That you want the quality to be the absolute best it can be.   bear_wub   Its all those little niggling things that bugs us as an artist, or budding bearmaker, to do them differently or better for the next bear.  But in the eye of the collector, it may very well be the 'mistakes' that endears the bear to them  bear_wub  :hug:

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Hi Natasha,

Well, I've only just now discovered this thread, and I must say (just like EVERYONE else said!) THIS is what bearmaking is all about!  I can't add any suggestions that everyone else hasn't already besides 'Be patient and keep practicing no matter what!'  I noticed you said you liked doing the minis... well, I have quite the stash of Sassy's fabrics and would be more than happy to send you a couple pieces of the most forgiving, sturdiest mini fabrics I've ever used.  Just remember to keep those stitches small and even; that's what makes the big difference with ANY bear... well, along with material, supplies, etc... lol 

PM me your addy and I'll send some your way, and the only payment I want is for you to pay it forward when you've got everything figured out and can help someone else!  I would have never gotten started, myself, if Kim Basta hadn't gotten me going in the right direction!!  :hug:

Kimberly W.

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

LOL - after PMing you today, I'm not going to bother replying to your oroginal query about your pattern turning out like a monkey; you've dickered enough to have taken out some of the high forehead and found that lost neck. I'd be holding the stuffed muzzle in one hand whil rounding out the cheeks and jaw line w/more stuffing.. but that's just me.

Just as the Anime style has been called The Upside Down Head look, your angular look has a nice feeling, especially with your unique rectangular ears! Loads of artists started just this way, with one detail that is an original idea of theirs. It's pretty hard to come up w/something that hasn't been done before!

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Natasha..... you are SO well on your way!  the very first patterns I made all by myself barely even looked like bears!!!!!  I'm loving those rectangular ears too.... very neat!

bear_wub  bear_smile

Kim Basta

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

You're doing fine!! Keep at it! Both bears are sweet little souls, and you know how the song goes, "It's all about soul" (Showing my age here...that would be Billy Joel)

Board footer