Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

We have to all remember that this body of ours is the one and only one we have and we have to look after it.
How oiftern it criess out for help, telling us to do sometghing and we ignore it, till it is too late. ( Time I heeded the advice I so freely give !!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I hope that your hubby will soon be 100% and that you can once again settle down to being a happy family.

Lynette

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh Tracy,

Of course you are scared and probably not sleeping well.  I hope, and this is odd for a nurse to say, that it truly is just bronchitis.  When he has the pain is he able to breathe deeply?

Sometimes when there is mucous build up in the lungs the heart doesn't get enough oxygen and that hurts it....we call that angina. 

I hope the answers are simple and pray for your sanity and his health,

Keep us posted.....fingers crossed and prayers said

hugs to you, you are a special lady

dilu

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Tracy !!!!

Dear GOD in JESUS name please be with Darren and Tracy !! Please be with the doctors and lead them to figure out what is going on and GOD please send healing to Darren and give Tracy the strength to stand by her husband. Send peace to them both and let them know you are taking care of EVERY THING , in Jesus name .

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

OH TRACY!
I'm so sorry, you and your husband are going through this, you must be so frightened bear_sad   Both of you will will be in my thoughts and prayers as long as you need :pray:

BIG HUGS for both of you :hug:  :hug:

AndreaM

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Tracy,
You know I'm thinking of both you and Darren and passing along positive thought and many prayers.  :hug:
I know what it's like to live with the tough guy and how scary it is when they do show you somethings wrong. Dean's recent gallbladder removal woke him up to getting on the overall "healthier" track. In 10 years I had never seen him so desperate, it was very scary. 
The positive feedback here is all so true.  And hospitals today won't let you go home if there's a chance something dangerous could be looming.  Malpractice alone has them crossing all t's and dotting all i's with testing.  Keep positive and strong.  We're all here for you  :hug:

:hug:
~Chrissi

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

Tracy, am sending prayers your way.  Hope that all turns out for the best and is just a wake-up call for your hubby!

Amelia

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Oh Tracy, that is scarey and I always wonder what I'll do one day when I'm faced with something like this. My heart goes out to you, although you're TOTALLY right, if it was super serious, or an emergency they would've kept him for sure. So please don't worry too much.

My thoughts are with you,

Jennie Teddybears Sweden
Gavle, Sweden

I will have you in my thoughts!! All my fingers crossed for you and your man!

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Tracy and Darren, I am praying for you! And I'm praying for the doctors to have wisdom as they treat Darren.
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Debora

beary_clairey Luton

Tracy,

I know you are sick with worry and trying to be strong for Darren when all you probably want yourself is someone to hug you and tell you everything will be OK.

I had a scare with my hubby when we found what we thought was a suspicious lump, which luckily turned out to be nothing sinister.

I think it is a good sign that they let Darren come home and I want  to send you both big beary hugs and let you know that you are in my thoughts.

Fingers crossed that the test results come out the way you want them too!!!

Hugs

Claire

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Tracy and Darren you are both in my prayers  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Hugs
Vicki

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

Thanks so much everyone for the support and prayers.  It means a lot and is helping more than you know! :hug:  :hug:

Dilu--We know it's something with his heart as his lungs are completely clear, but it also does hurt badly if he breaths deeply or coughs (weird!).   I would rather he had bronchitis....or even pneumonia! bear_sad

Can you believe this?  The crazy man went to work today! bear_shocked  His job called and put the guilt trip on him, saying they were really busy so if he was feeling better could he please come in.  Well, he really isn't feeling better (just a little bit) but went anyway. bear_sad I've been worried about him all day today......he should be home resting!!  Then he called me at noon and said he was doing okay, but felt a little light headed.  But still determined to stay (worried about using up his sick time).  Aargh!  I may have to tie him up to get him to take care of himself!!  He should be home soon, and I am anxious to have him in this house where I can keep an eye on him.  I did send him a little present to work today though......had balloons delivered. bear_happy If it embarrassed him, then it serves him right for worrying me! bear_innocent At least his job isn't physically strenuous at all.......but it is mentally stressful, which he doesn't need right now either.  I just cannot wait until he has his appointment in the morning!  Praying they find it is pericarditis.....that's fairly straight forward to treat with no lasting damage. :pray:  :pray:

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Tracy,
If they can't find anything with the testing throw out the term "costochondritis".  The first time it happened to me they took me to the ER with heart attack symptoms..it was really really scary.  It hurt to breathe, move and the symptoms can mimic more serious conditions. My tests were all normal. It's just an inflammation of the cartilage of the chest/ribs, but holy heck does it hurt.  Stress, injury, etc can bring it on..on a viral thing, I think.  Just something I wanted to pass along.  Thinking of you and Darren :hug:  :hug:

~Chrissi

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Tracy, My prayers and good thoughts are with you.  Stay strong bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

aerianna aerBears
Sacramento, CA

Wow, how scary. You and your husband are definately in my thoughts, Tracy.
Keep us updated.
Aeri

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I hope the test results that you get tomorrow will show no problems - or, at the very worst, something that can be treated easily.  Good vibes headed your way.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

Any word yet? :pray:

AndreaM :hug:

Flynn and Zeypher are sending you love as well :hug:  :hug:

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

Ah finally we know something! bear_thumb   And it's good..... nothing life threatening good! :dance: Darren does have pericarditis with just a bit of fluid between the lining and the heart itself.  But not enough fluid to make draining it necessary, much to Darren's relief (and mine).  He wasn't looking forward to possibly having a needle inserted there......eww. bear_shocked  Anyway, he is to stay on the meds prescribed for a couple of weeks until they are gone.  Anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, and a cough medicine that won't raise his blood pressure.  He's still got a cough, and it still hurts when he does it, so hence the cough medicine.  Otherwise, he is feeling a good bit better again today........the relief of knowing what is wrong made us both feel much better emotionally as well.  Still enough chest pain to make him miserable, but it's improving and he was told it should be immensely better by Monday. bear_thumb   

I am so relieved.......beyond relieved really.  Giddy with it!!! :dance:  :dance:  :dance: He scared me half to death this time.......and himself too.  Now we will see if the scare makes him decide to make some changes in his diet and needed weight loss.  Well, I will be making changes.........and dragging him along with me as much as I can!! bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Thanks so much to all of you for the uplifting, supportive, and wonderfully caring posts, PM's, and emails.  It made all the difference in the world to me (and to Darren too although he was a little embarrassed......silly tough guy!)!  And I firmly believe in the power of prayer.....I just know there was help there too. bear_thumb   Thanks again everyone!

:love:&  :hug:
Tracy

PS--Andrea, big hugs to you and Flynn and Zephyr too! :hug:  :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Whew and yay!!!  I'm glad things are diagnosed and entirely fixable; just the news we all hoped for.  Thanks for keeping us informed.  Darren, get better soon!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Tracy,  that is SUCH good news!   Yeahhhhhhh!  Hope his meds make him more comfortable soon.  Tell him to get lots of rest over the weekend.

hugs,

Brenda

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

K Pawz Guest

:dance:  :dance:  :dance: Happy dances all around!!!!

Hugs,
Krista

sarahjane Brisbane

Thank goodness for that Tracy...I am so happy for you both that it was such good news and I hope Darren improves quickly!!!  bear_thumb

puca bears puca bears

Oh, that's such great news , Tracy - now you can unwind some - i hope Darren is fully recovered soon....
have a GREAT weekend, all of you!
huggies
Maria

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

Great news to start the day,   I am happy for you both.. bear_thumb

Board footer