Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Pages:
All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Paulapic.jpgPaula-cottage.jpgI've only just stumbled across this thread and I've been a member since the beginning! 

Who am I?

Who knows!  (Half the time even I wonder ...:rolleyes:)

Well, some of you do.

Um. 

Okay here we go:  *Clears throat*

My potted bear related history.

Name:  Paula Carter
Number of years in the trade: Heaps.  Well, more than ten.
Job:  Full time bear designer

Well, that's about it folks!  No doubt we'll meet on some of the other threads.  In the meantime, how do you do, pleased to meet you etc etc. bear_laugh:cool::):D

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Paula you're charming!
You're ten years in this bearmaking!! WOW! You must be a real proffi and I would love to talk to you and learn more.

I'm here new so I'll have to work hard and learn more and more.

Hugs,
Julia

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Please to meet you dear Paula ;).
Hugs,
Marion bear_original

Deb Upstate New York

So THAT's who made that adorable "only" 15" giant looking bear with the big fat belly!!!  :D

Have a good day all ~

Deb

Kent
Website

Aw, I should have popped in here sooner.  How nice to meet you all!  Yep, for all my sins I think, at last, I can claim to be a bit of a 'proffi' Julia ...  I still make the odd slip now and again though! :/

Julia, how about this ... you are my very first Russian friendly person!  (I just haven't met any others Russian people!) So I am very excited to say hello to you.  Tell me, how is this done in your native language? :D

Deb, I am indeed responsible for the "only 15 with the fat belly" ... I love that description!  You've made me chuckle!!!  Thank you all the way over there in New York (which incidentally, my daughter visited four years ago and has not stopped begging to go back since!) :cool:

Marion, bonjour!  It is a pleasure to 'meet' you ici!  I'm afraid my Francais c'est trés dreadful ... it's a plus long time since I was learning it at mon (ma?) école, but I will tell you, it was one of my most favourite subjects because it sounds so romantic when spoken by the French!  By the way, I have a French maiden name - Hoppé so I think my ancestors were from your beautiful country.  (Which makes me hang my head in shame as surely I should be able to speak your beautiful language properly!) bear_happy

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

In fact, I was terribly happy to learn English because I always prefer songs in your language:) : English is much more musical than French, I think:).
Mm... For your French ancestors and the hability for the language, I can tell you that my grandfather is Hungarian and that I do not know one poor  word in this language !:D

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Hi Paula, It is nice to meet you and it is nice to see the "face" behind that happy big spotted guy on your avatar! Welcome to the group!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'm enjoying seeing that face, as well.  And don't beat yourself up about "missing" this particular subforum TOO much; it only just went "live" last night!  So you should instead be congratulating yourself on being one of the very first to post here.

Thanks for sharing pics; it's great to meet the face behind the bear.

Kent
Website

Bear-faced - that's me Shelli! bear_happy :P

Great idea for a mini forum!

I've noticed that lots of members have popped their welcomes in here and yet I haven't bumped into them elsewhere so far.  So, I reckon this must be the virtual coffee house meeting place for Teddy Talkers!

I think I'll take a cinnamon danish with my cappucino! bear_happy

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Paula  . . .  you're such a cute cut-up!!

Kent
Website

Er .. thanks Sue Ann ... I think!  What's a cut-up???? I haven't heard that expression before!  Is it American? bear_cool

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hello Paula....just thought that I would say hello again because I could.
Sorry to read that you're not selling at Hugglets tomorrow (4th Sep)  I will be there as usual having one heck of a good time, are you going as a visitor at least?

Hey why has Fiona jumped in to chat with us?

Jane.

Kent
Website

Hi Jane,

Not sure why Fiona hasn't signed up.  I have told her all about Teddy Talk.  I'll have to prod her again!

I didn't book Teddies '05 this year.  I was desperate to have a holiday and knew from past experience that trying to fit in making a table of bears as well just wouldn't work.  I'm not visiting tomorrow either because I have the Rochester show on October 9th and need to get some work done for it, rather than spend my cash at Hugglets! ;)

Fiona will be there though so say hi to her!  She's in Hall 2 and right in front of you as you enter the door.  Great stand!

Have a good time and don't forget to tell us all through BBN how it went! :):cool:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Paula . . . I was complimenting you!!  Yes, I guess cut-up is American.  It means mischievous or slightly naughty, but in an endearing way - at least that's what I meant by it.  You are very cute, anyway!!

Kent
Website

Oooh, now you've made me blush Sue Ann!!!! bear_tongue

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Love your bears Paula. My favourite is Crumbs. We've talked to each other already, but I'd like to return the greeting. Very nice to meet you indeed :D

Many hugs

Sabine

Kent
Website

Thanks for popping in Sabine! bear_original

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

Hi Paula

I'm new to Teddy Talk and I am having a great time looking at everyone's website. I just took a look at yours and I just think that your bears are great!

Kathy

Kent
Website

So kind of you!  Thank you very much Kathy!  I'm glad you enjoyed the visit. bear_original

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

studio-picture-038.jpg:Dwow paula what lovely bears you make my dream is to one day make bears as good as you love your bears fran jazzyrags new girl;)

clare14 Country Bears
England

Hi Paula!!

Late as ever am I!!!   Tee! Hee!   Good job we've met before:lol:   

Keep those FAB bears coming.....oooh they're lovely!!;)

clare14 Country Bears
England

Welcome to you too Jazzyrags!!

Let's hear some more about yourself, we LOVE to see pics here too!!;)

Enjoy the forum, there's lots to learn here!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Very good-looking son, Fran!!

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Paula, Hi.  I'm Jenn.  Ten years making bears?  I am working on my 1st.:D

Kent
Website

Hey Fran, hello!  Guess what?  I too have a very handsome son called Anthony!  Mine's 20 and will kill me if I post his pic ...

Pages:

Board footer