Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Kim,
You handled the eyes, beautifully!  I decided on the rounded pupils when I observed my cats inside the house. The slit eye is a reaction to bright light and most of us see our cats in a darker environment where the pupil is almost round. Although I have to admit, for some reason Siamese cat eyes tend to have eye pupils that stay with a more slit appearance. My Persian cat has very rounded pupils almost all the time?!  OK, I'm sure we're boring everyone  bear_whistle  Congratulations and I hope you continue creating cats.
Karen

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

A very gorgeous piece, Kim!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Wow Kim: I love this kitty. You outdid yourself!!

Michelle

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Kim I can only agree with all that has been said .... Fantastic work ..

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Fabulous work congratulations Kim  :clap:

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

of course the slit pupils are perfectly centered

You know Kim, i have been toying with making an oriental cat (did we once discuss this before - i think we did a while back) and keep remembering a siamese cat that belonged to an old lady i knew when i was growing up. This cat had the wonkiest eyes i have ever seen in my life - it was a miracle that it could walk in straight line let alone leap around. One eye went left and the other went any which way ha ha ha

Beautiful blue eyes though - just wonky as billy-oh.

I might make an oriental one like that, be fun to see if it sells won't it?

hmmm what could i name it? Won Kee Woo  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Penny  bear_tongue

bumblebearies Bumblebearies
Calgary, Alberta
Website

Won Kee Woo.......perfect!!! hahhahah Penny.... u crack me up!  sitting here having a great laff for my day....

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

Oh my Penny....I've heard of Hemingway cats but not a Marty Feldman cat!

If I make a siamese again I am totally makin her crosseyed & with a
crook in the tip of her tail...I know they're technically faults but I do
find em endearing!

Oh my Penny....I've heard of Hemingway cats but not a Marty Feldman cat!

Oh Goodnes Gracious me Kim - what a simply enchanting idea! Marty Feldman was just soooo funny. You gotta name the cat Marty and i want to buy it!!!

I don't know what a Hemingway cat is............does it get smashed a lot and spend a lot of time travelling round bars? Obviously a womaniser too or would that be a 'queenyiser' ? bear_wacko

Penny  bear_tongue

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Penny,
Actually, the Hemingway cats have fared better than Hemingway, himself  bear_laugh  Their descendants are cared for and live on in the Hemingway Estate in Key West, Florida. They are famous for having 6 or more toes. I have always found Siamese cats interesting, not just for their personalities but because I was able to swing a trip to Thailand(Siam) and Siamese cats are alley cats there! Most have no owners but are fed by Buddhist monks at their temples. At these temples you can see so many variations of the Siamese who are, really, feral cats?!
Karen

KJ Lyons wrote:

Penny,
Actually, the Hemingway cats have fared better than Hemingway, himself  bear_laugh  Their descendants are cared for and live on in the Hemingway Estate in Key West, Florida. They are famous for having 6 or more toes. I have always found Siamese cats interesting, not just for their personalities but because I was able to swing a trip to Thailand(Siam) and Siamese cats are alley cats there! Most have no owners but are fed by Buddhist monks at their temples. At these temples you can see so many variations of the Siamese who are, really, feral cats?!
Karen

Ahh, i see. Not That Hemingway.  :redface: doh!
Six toes - how delightful. How do they play "This Little Piggy Went to Market"? Perhaps they add "...and this Little Piggy went to Honolulu"?
bear_tongue

Siamese are alley cats? Blimey - here i am thinking up ways to get the cash together to buy one when i can just go to Thailand and pick one up for free (probably be cheaper to pay for the flights and accomodation than to buy one here in the UK). Have to smuggle the little beast back into the country though?!?!

I used to have an Egyptian Mau - he was wonderful, the best cat anyone ever had, he had the mark of the Scarab Beetle on his head and his fur was tinged lilac. His name was Gizzy Woo. He was a Star.
We did'nt buy him, he came from some friends of ours who had pots of money but no time to look after a cat (a bit of a status symbol i think so that's why they bought him) so they gave him to us. I would love another Egyptian Mau.

I love cats - did you guess?  bear_whistle

Penny

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

It's the same Hemingway!
They hung round his house. Now their descendents are protected & cared for
just cos their forebears (forecats?) hobnobbed with a famous writer.

I had to look up Egyptian Mau, oh my GOODNESS. They're like little Bengals!

OK gotta shut up now, my 3 from-the-street kitties are getting offended  bear_ermm lol

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Wow Kim, Outstanding work! This kitty is absolutely stunning from crossed toes to her beautiful eyes to her fabulous gown. Really outstanding work.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

I have always found cats one of the hardest creatures to draw and get right. I can only imagine how much more difficult it must be to make one in mohair. Well done!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

What an amazing Siamese cat doll - Phoebe is such a wonderful work of art and you must be so proud
of her. Lucky customer.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Board footer