Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

I'll be 34 in May (good bunch of Tauruses out here!  bear_original
I don't care about the numbers or any of that stuff.  When I was 21 my 14 year old sister (who is still taller than all of us!) was served champagne at a champagne breakfast as the waiter passed me by.  I hated that back then, but now I LOVE that people think I'm younger than I am based on looks....good genes (thanks mom & dad).   bear_grin

:hug:
~Chrissi

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

I will be 40 next week and I am having a big party at my house! I feel like I am still in high school. I think I am going to try on my Levi's I have had since I was a senior! I've spent the last year losing the 26 lbs. I've gained over the years. I feel so much better.

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

I'm 28... but I already decided 22 was a good age.... so I'm 22.. lol.

Huuuugs!!!
Melanie

burlisonbears Burlison Bears
Louisville, Kentucky

Hey I was wondering this same question!
I just turned 28 a few weeks ago, so I am not the youngest here, but I am willing to bet that I look the youngest. I look like a child still, honest. And I wear braided pigtails almost all the time! Most people think I'm 13 or 14...including children. I can be outside playing basketball at our apartments and children will join in and treat me as an equal...until they find out that I'm twice their age! I even have an 8 year old friend who told me that he knows I'm not really a "lady"! haha!  bear_tongue
Actually, I never grew up either and act 6 most of the time. I have Peter Pan all in my bedroom including a statue of him. My favorite things in the world are children's books, teddy bears, old antique toys, and animals...especially my pets. Oh and my husband too.
It's interesting to see that most of the younger people on here are non-American. I guess maybe being a teddy bear artist doesn't appeal too much to young Americans...but it seems to be big everywhere else.

Eliza

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I think it would be interesting to take all of our ages and see what the 'average age' of a teddy bear maker is. Or at least look at all the numbers to see what ages groups have the most artists in them. Just for curiosity's sake.

I'm 18 x 2. But most of the time just 18. Then there are the days I feel more like 81.

Turning 29 was the hardest for me. 30 wasn't bad but 31 was when the body weight shifted, gray hairs started appearing, the knees started giving me trouble and my energy level began to decrease. NONE of this has effected my mentality though! Still a teenager at heart!

Gemma my hubby is 8 years older too. He's turning 45 next month. I do have to be careful about picking on him because I know my turn is yet to come! But it was so much fun making a big deal out of his 40th! I'm dreading the pay back!

lemmonbears Lemmon Bears
Oregon Coast

.....43 here....no problems with that number, either. bear_original  It's better than the alternative bear_grin

Joan

K Pawz Guest

LOL....I am 30 and have just celebrated the 2nd anniversay of turning 30!!!

Hugs,
Krista

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

This is been a good question, probably most of us were wondering what the median age of teddy bear makers are. I just turned 46 and also had a problem with turning 30. 40 didn't bother me and 50 is so close its just a number. I am a big one for you are only as old as you feel. Sometimes I feel like I am 105 and other times I'm only a teenager.

It is nice to see that there are many who are younger than me, this means the art of teddy bears will be around for a long time.

Hugs,

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

I'm neither the youngest nor the oldest  bear_tongue

Well ok, I'm 44, feeling like 30 on some days, like 80 on others. I still like getting older, since it means I get closer to retirement, when I can craft all day long  bear_tongue

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Well, I have just turned 49.  Some days that really bothers me because I don't feel like 49.  But, as said earlier, it is better than the alternative.

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

I am 30.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Okay, okay . . . I confess.  I think I'm probably the oldest one here - 66 coming up in April.  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry 
Turning 60 was hard, but 65 was harder - you go on Medicare - and that, my friends, is really getting on up there!
I am pleased to note that a lot of you young whippersnappers share some of my - uh - 'aging' symptoms, however.  After reading Penny's thread, "I came here to say something", I did feel somewhat better.  Check out the signature quote at the bottom of my post . . . it's soooooooo right on.

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

I am not the youngest or the oldest. I am 54 (YIKES!) but I look much younger (I think?!?) The hardest thing is when someone asks how old my kids are and I have to tell them I have sons 36 and 33 and a daughter 28.
TRIPLE YIKES!
Sonya

JanetandBears Janet Ann Anderson and Bears
Breckenridge, CO
Website

OK, I was not going to admit my age until Sue Ann posted.   WHEW!!!!!!   I just slip under being the oldest!    I will be 64 in March.   I handled 60 all right  but  this is  ....

Bear Hugs, Janet

A friend loves at all times.
        Proverbs 17:17

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

I'm 23, although I apparently look much younger.  I regularly work in a college, and a teacher who I hadn't met before thought I was one of the 16 year old students!!  I was so offended!  I would love to look older!  The problem is my husband also looks very young, despite being 28.  People never think we are married when they see us!!
I'm sure the day will come when I want to look younger again!!!

clare14 Country Bears
England

Wow Sue Ann, I'm amazed!!   I wish I looked half as good as you do!!  You rock!!   bear_wub  bear_wub    What's your secret?

I'm 36 and I have to be honest I love it!!  I'm older and wiser, and still got loads to learn, everyday - love it!!

Don't worry about age - EMBRACE it and ENJOY!!   :hug:  :hug:  There's nothing you can do about it anyway!!   :crackup:  :crackup:

ArtHeart Kran-Beary's
Thunder Bay ON Canada

44 and counting.

nt

BearHugger Lichfield, Staffs, England

I'll be 20 on thursday :dance: , no longer a teenager :pray:, My party is going to be a combination of young things like cake :cake: etc but I am also having  grown up meal as well.

I still have dolls and teddy bears. I even still take my favourite teddy bear to bed :crackup: oh, well guess I am still a little kid at heart bear_rolleyes

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

Not sure if this sounds like fun but I'll join in anyway  bear_rolleyes  For years I stayed at 21 then decided better up it a bit so moved to 25 then took a big leap and landed in the 40's  bear_wacko  Feels pretty good hanging around in there but like everyone else I had better hold my hand up to now being 54, big sigh! I always like to think of myself as young at heart!  bear_grin

Lyn  bear_thumb

djbbears Queensland

Ok has to own up am 51, ouch that hurt :doh: but the saying a good wine ages gracefully thats me :crackup: but then again the new 50 is the new 40 so yep I will go back 10yrs :dance: ....yes i do beleive you are only as old as you feel well don't feel 50 :doh: just enjoys life to the fullest :hug: .and yes a good wine I enjoy as well bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Debbie bear_flower

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

For those of you worried about turning 30.......trust me it isn't that bad.  I just turned 30 in November and i hardly noticed!  The truth is that time flys by so quickly after highschool really, that there's no point in fretting over the # just be sure you are happy with what you are doing in your life and if you aren't move on and find something that does make you happy.  Wouldn't you hate to get to the end of it all and be thinking "gee I really wish I had.........................................................."

Sorry I didn'rt intend on going in that direction, it just sortta happened. bear_rolleyes

Hugs,
AndreaM bear_original

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I swear I must be far more immature  now than at anytime in my life. Nothing scares me any more.
I'll stick up for myself and others. Will do and will try absolutely anything. This is what age has done for me.
I feel like a toddler. Especially when I laugh really hard. bear_grin  bear_grin

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

As Penny mentioned in a post somewhere I read and cant remember where, I think this year I will be (calculator) says  turning 56.
42 I thought was going to be the best age, as by then I thought I would know everything, understand it all, and have done it all- hah maybe that will be 62.

Lynette

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

I know I'm not the youngest or oldest  bear_tongue
I am happy with my age 38. I just want to be
creative 40S and 50S and 60S plus 70S and
80S. I hope you all hanging here with me.  bear_flower

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

I am 52 (still feeling 22, where have the years gone). Never mind I console myself with the fact that at 42 I was turfed out of the Liverpool Cavern as I did not look 21 and did not have my ID!! Would you think you ever needed one at 42 and I was with a bunch of work mates, most of who were in their 20s and one at 36.  I spoilt the night a bit as everyone really wanted to be in there as it was where the Beatles originated but they all came out with me and we moved on to some other bars that would have me!!.

10 years down the line though I think age has caught up with me a little as I can get anywhere now, bet I could even use a bus pass if I had one!  My daughter is 30 next and she was refused some bacardi breezers in the supermarket near where she worked last summer, she has the same trouble!! She will be happy about it later on in life I think.

Warm wishes
Pauline

Board footer