Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Koala Adorable Bears
Shepparton/Victoria

Please allow me to introduce myself....My name is Susan Bartlett. I have been designing and making bears under the label of Adorable Bears for about 12 years.  I am much better at creating Bears, Koalas  (which are not Bears) , and Pandas, than I am at using the computer !!.Thus to see some of my work you will have to visit my website at www.adorablebears.com.au  I would appreciate your visit and value your comments.
After 12 years of making bears I still love this form of Art.Unfortunately , like many others, I suffer painful Arthritis in the hands. I did try to stop sewing for a time, however, found that all the extra housework and gardening I did to fill in all that extra time made the condition just as bad  ( and less fun).I  then decided to spend more time in researching and designing and putting more detail into my work. As a result I  make fewer bears etc ., but I feel they are more exciting and detailed.
Well enough of me...I enjoy reading all the Teddy Talk when I find time to sit at the computer.
Best wishes...Susan. Australia

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Hi Susan, Welcome to the group! I checked out your website and your bears are, indeed, very  adorable! This is a great group, I am sure that you will enjoy your time here.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hi, Susan, and a big welcome to Teddy Talk!!  I agree with Terrie that your bears are awesome, especially the koalas!  They look like they will start eating eucalyptus leaves at any moment!  Hope you enjoy being here!

Koala Adorable Bears
Shepparton/Victoria

Thank you Sue Ann and Terrie for your welcome and kind words. I will try to contribute whenever time permits. I am really enjoying the Koalas and will have a couple of new ones to show very soon.:)

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Susan, welcome!  Way cute bears, and I love your website.  So glad you're joining in the fun.

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Koala, koala is my FAVORITE ANIMAL!! I'm dreaming about koala since my first grade at school!! So cute!!
I even had a fix idea I should go to Australia and work at Zoo, or some kind of hospital for animals. cry.gif

Your bears ( Winterberry and koala Kotupna is the one I like the most) is ADORABLE!!

Welcome,
Julia

Koala Adorable Bears
Shepparton/Victoria

Thank you Shellie and Julia. If you do decide to visit Australia let me know and I can take you to see them in the wild, not far from here.:)
Susan

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Hi Susan.....Your bears are lovely.....I just joined too...Iam in the UK.

Jenny

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Welcome Susan to the group, glad to see another Aussie here. ;)

I am from Sunbury, Victoria.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Yes, I echo what  Karen has said - fantastic ot have another aussie on the board!

Welcome ! I know you'll love it here.
Danni

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Welcome Susan and thanks for the invite to look at your web-site.
Your koalas are  adorable and your web-site is great.
Last year we had a visit to the Gold Coast and went to the Currumbian Wildlife Sanctuary and the koalas
were so sweet lazing about in the trees in the hot sun and just look like yours.

From across the Pond! (NZ)

Hugs
Carolyn

bear_original

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Susan, I just had to post and welcome you. I was 1st indruduced to your work when I bought that copy of Australian Bear creations. I have a real soft spot for you bears.
Actually, if you check out m Aviator bear..................he's your pattern from that magazine! Ashburton.
Just had to tell you that, welcome to the board!
Heather

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Hello and welcome!

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Hi Susan,

Welcome to the boards!  I'm new too.  Everyone here is really friendly.  :D

Chrissie

Koala Adorable Bears
Shepparton/Victoria

Thank you to everyone for your welcome. I'm sure I am going to enjoy the group very much and spend far too much time in conversation when I should be working.
Heather thank you. It is always a thrill to see one of my patterns made up by someone else. especially one so skilled. I enjoyed looking at you creations..all wonderful. I especially loved the red dragon and the snow ball.I love snow balls but didn't know you could get the domes. I would love to try one if you are are to share where you buy them. If it is one of your trade secrets I won't be offended.
Susan

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Susan , Welcome to Teddy Talk !

Your website is wonderful made ! I love your coala bears,
they are so adorable and look realistic.   bear_original

Bear Hugs/Marie

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Hi Susan, Welcome! I'm new as well.  I am a collector.  This weekend I will start making my first bear.  Jenn

Koala Adorable Bears
Shepparton/Victoria

Thank you Marie. Yes I also love the Koalas although they are not actually bears they are as close as we   can get to a bear in Australia.

Also welcome to you Jenn . I am sure we will both enjy this group. Best of luck with your first bear. If I can be of any help...just call/email.
Susan
www.adorablebears.com.au

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

A big 'hi' from the other side of the world Susan!  bear_cool

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Hi Susan,

I'm new here too! Your website is lovely, I enjoyed browsing round and looking at your gorgeous bears! Welcome bear_original

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Welcome Susan!!

Loved your site and your bear name is so appropriate bear_laugh  So sorry about the arthritus bear_sad  A while ago we taked about this a little... and I think Dilu mentioned she uses Arnica Gel for her hands.  It's usually found in health food stores.

Deb Upstate New York

Big bear welcome Susan!

Koala Adorable Bears
Shepparton/Victoria

Thanks to Paula, Helena, Laura , Deb & Mandie, for your welcome and kind words.
I will look for that Gel Laura ,although I'm not sure if it is available in Australia. I have just started using Eucalyptus Gel and it seems to be easing the pain...if it doesn't help me then I am sure I noticed my koalas twitch their noses and their eyes are sparkling.
I certainly remember you and Bushmills ,Mandie. A lovely part of the world. As I told you it is where my Grandfather was born and lived his early years. As there are so many Gilmours living in the area I am sure some must be related.
Now back to making a special order bear...a girl bear with a "pony tail".
Susan

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Hiya Koala Susan. Love your Koalas to bits. I have a Koala on Ebay now. (see bears for sale section). Yes I know they are not bears but they are so cuddly, so if you like bears you can't help but like them. I always put bear in the title to help sell them to a wider audience. There are some lovely Koala collectors out there. Yours are so realistic, I've only done a few, sort of... kinda Koala. Mandie from Ireland does some lovely coloured ones.
So all the best to you and everone else who is a newbie, its going to be fun!

aerianna aerBears
Sacramento, CA

I just looked at your website. It is beautiful! Very well done. I absolutely love your Koalas and Pandas!
Aerianna

Board footer