Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

A huge welcome! Your web site is beautiful. We are so glad you could join us!!

Many hugs Louise

rikkisbears NSW Australia

Hi Susan,
I remember your name  way back from the old "Aussie Teddies" website. Welcome to the group.

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Hi Susan!
Welcome from me too!
I love your koalas too. Down here in Southern Victoria were I live we have lots of koalas and I am working on a realistic design too. The fellas at the local koala sactuary let me spend a couple of hours with 2 taxidermied koalas recently(spooky!!:o) and I was able to take down some great detail. First prototype was a tad disproprtional...but the next will be better.
Wouldn't it be great if we could get some fur that was more like koala fur! I managed to glean some lovely variegated grey alpaca from a couple of very generous TT ladies that is now out of production. It will be perfect for a realistic koala, but I daren't touch it until I'm entirely happy with my pattern (well, mostly happy...I don't think we are ever entirely happy with our patterns...always tweaking them, well I am anyway!:/)

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

studio-picture-048.jpghi susan just look at your site must say its great loved it. fran jazzyrags

Koala Adorable Bears
Shepparton/Victoria

Thanks Rikki, Hayley & Fran.
Fran , I used that wonderful variegated grey fur and would have bought more if i had thought it would go out of stock. Maybe we could influence them into re introducing that fur?? However, i am very happy with a Mohair and Alpaca but also surprised how good the synthetic is. It is very realistic. Once I would never use a synthetic but just had to get over that set way of thinking...it is very soft and people just love the feel and look of the fur made up.
Yes I think you are on the right track to really looking at the size /shape of the Koala. Even if you don't want it to be very realistic I still think you need to start with the right proportions so they don't just end up looking like a bear but called a Koala.Just my thoughts !!
Good luck. i look forward to seeing one of your designs
Susan

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Hi Susan !  A big bear hug welcome to you.  You'l love it here.

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

wollongong-show-005.jpgYOU KNOW WHAT SUSAN , I USED TO THINK LIKE YOU AND NEVER  USE SYNTHETIC MOHAIR AND THEN ONE DAY I THOUGHT I WOULD GIVE IT A GO AND IT WAS REALY NICE .I HAVE SOLD A FEW TO PEOPLE WHO ARE LOOKING FOR A CHEAPER BEAR.AND I ALL SO LOVE MY ALPACA BEAR HERE IS A PHOTO OF MY ALPACA .

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Picture-036.jpgAND HERE IS ONE OF MY SYNTHETIC BEARS

Densteds Densteds
Website

Hi Susan,
Welcome to this wonderful group, I've just joined too, and everyone has made me feel so welcome!!
Love your teds, in fact I've got a couple sitting in my bear room, I bought them way back, I think it was when one of the shows was at Sydney Town Hall??
You're Koala's a fabulous,
Denise.

Board footer