Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Pages:
kimkc Australia

Hello
My name is Kim, im a newbie here.
I live in Australia, and i guess like everyone else i lurv teddy bears:)

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Hi Kim!
Welcome! Your in for lots of beary fun and interesting stuff here!  :lol:
Be sure to share any of your ideas or questions with us! We're all here to learn and have fun.
I'm glad you could join us!
Hugs, Daphne

kimkc Australia

Thanks Daphne.
Your ted looks cute.
May i ask here Lake Sunapee is? I don't know the USA well, but hubby & i went there on our honeymoon in october last year. Loved the country and want to return to explore more:D

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

A big welcome, Kim.  I'd love to visit Australia, myself!  My husband was there for six weeks on business, but I had to keep the home fires burning.  Maybe one of these days . . . .  Look forward to seeing your avatar!  bear_laugh

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hello there Down Under, from Northern California!  A warm welcome to you.  Thanks for joining in... and have fun!

kimkc Australia

You'd love to visit Oz
There is a lot of things to see, there is a lot of places here i want to visit!:)

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

hi Kim,

Great to have another Aussie on the board!!  I'm in Canberra, where abouts are you?

I'm sure you'll love it here!
Danni

Laura Lynn Teddies by Laura Lynn
Lexington, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Waving to ya from Chicago Kim!!!  bear_laugh

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

HI Kim...from the great north west in  Oregon , USA . Welcome to this neat and  wonderful group of teddy bear makers..."come on down "!!! as they say on T.V. game shows, he, he...Winney

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Winney!

You're in Oregon too?  Where?

We're in O'Brien.

KIM:

So glad you are here.  I remember from quilting that the folks in your country had so many really neat trends, ideas, styles, and they were totally so very differant from what was being done here.  I surely hope that is true with bears as well.  It means lots more sharing and learning! 

NEAT!

Dilu

White City, Oregon

Dilu, I live in White City, that's just a few miles  north of Medford. Grant's Pass is above us...Winney

White City, Oregon

Dilu. Where in the heck  is O'Brien, Oregon ?.........Winney

Winney

O'Brien is an hour + south of Grant's Pass.  We are the last stop before the border.  We have a grand ol' population of 300-not counting my bears.  Grant's Pass is the first real city if we go north and Crescent City if we go south.  We have a post office a gas station a mini mart and a bar.  Well, it is Oregon and it is the Illinois Valley. 

For those who don't  know Southern Oregon- it is a very poor area of the US, and the Illionois Valley is comparable to the Apalachias from the 40's and 50's. 

This is no joke:  Methamphetamine is the primary industry in the Illinois Valley.  MJ is a close second and this is really weird, but Mushrooms are the third.  We have a zillion mushrooms- Yep some of those, for those of you who are, like me in your 50's+.  But also a gazillion shrooms that the Japanese come over for and pay really big bucks.  In the spring Mushroom buyers set up spots in Cave Junction and the locals bring in what they have collected.  They especially like some that grow in the forests around here. 

And the forest service is always catching "Poachers" who are 'stealing' mushrooms from the forest.

I know this sounds weird....but thats the Illionois Valley.

Thus ends the geography lesson- hope you were entertained.

Winney, we are almost neighbors.

Dilu

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

.....and WELCOME form the great white tundra...Wisconsin...home of the cheeseheads!!!

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

A big hello from the 'other side' here in the UK Kim! bear_laugh

White City, Oregon

Hey Dilu ! I found you ! We are almost neighbors, yeah ...I finally found a bear maker, sort of...close to me.
WE have some of the same goings on  here with the " shrooms"...people really get obsessive about " their " territory . I didn't know the forest was off limits to pickers ?poachers?.... Winney

"I finally found a bear maker, sort of..."! 

I am still laughing Winney.....I know what you mean but read another way....on the other hand I am still "sort of..."

Over here you have to get a picking permit from the forest service.

I am not a shroom type gal.  Much to my dad's consternation, so I haven't any idea why there are so popular.

We even found people on our proptery rooting around.  I told them they could have the srooms but they had to do the "yard work " too....I do not understand why they left so quickly.

At any rate it would be really great to meet you someday.

So near and yet so far.

Thanks for tickling my funny bone!

Dilu

Hi there AllBear! (Paula)

It's great to hear from you!  Are bears as popular where you are?  For some reasons Gollys are much more popular over there.  I know that they are seen as politically incorrect, but I can't help it, I love them.

Love your bear, you are obviously up in the same caliber as so many of the folks on this web site.  I'm not.  But I'm lucky, because I get to learn from everyone! I think that's great!

So welcome aboard.

Dilu

kimkc Australia
Delartful Bears wrote:

hi Kim,

Great to have another Aussie on the board!!  I'm in Canberra, where abouts are you?

I'm sure you'll love it here!
Danni

Hi Danni
I'm located in Irymple, which is a 2 minute drive from Mildura, located on the Vic/NSW border. Have you heard of either town?

I'm so glad i took the plunge and clicked on the link to join, everyone sounds great!!!:lol:

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Hi Kim,

I haven't travelled much, so I have really only heard of Mildura...
Have you heard of Canberra? LOL That was just a joke :P

Tell me, where can we (I LOL) see your bears?
Danni

kimkc Australia
Delartful Bears wrote:

Hi Kim,

I haven't travelled much, so I have really only heard of Mildura...
Have you heard of Canberra? LOL That was just a joke bear_tongue

Tell me, where can we (I LOL) see your bears?
Danni

Nope Danni, can't say I've heard of Canberra, should i have:P:P (ok, being too funny now!!!)
I actually haven't got any pics anywhere of my teds, because the ones i've made are other peoples patterns, not my own. I suppose i could take a pic of one and use it as an avatar..
I am going to start a blog, because i am a freelance journalist (when i have time) and i'm sick of getting letters saying we don't use articles from anyone other than in house staff. I figure this way i can still be published! I'll let you know when its up and running:)

kerrenmorris K M Bears
UK
Website

Hi I am Kerren from UK i joined last week but haven't had time to post.
I have been reading through all the posts. I have been bear making since about 1997 I spend too much time on my pc and not enough time bear making

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

kerrenmorris wrote:

I spend too much time on my pc and not enough time bear making

Welcome Kerren... you'll fit right in here!!! bear_laugh:D:D

Laura Lynn Teddies by Laura Lynn
Lexington, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

kerrenmorris wrote:

I spend too much time on my pc and not enough time bear making

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yep, a lot of us here like that!  I'm doing better though -  kinda bear_rolleyes  But I just HAVE to stop by and "see" all my friends!  Since I don't "go" to work, it's the only outside contact I have (although I DO enjoy working alone!)

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hi from Bonnie Scotland, I am new too, but already its seems such a friendly place to be when needing a break from sewing. Hugs Rita x:D

Pages:

Board footer