Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Pages:
Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Hi Kim,
Lake Sunapee New Hampshire is in the north eastern part of the US - about as far from Oz as one can get and still be in the US unless you go to the state of Maine! Should you ever decide to visit here I recommend coming during our fall/autumn season which I think is your spring.... Sept/Oct. The folliage is beautiful, the temps comfortable and it's just wonderful. Summer (Jun-Aug.) is great too if you visit the east coast and want to be at the ocean (the chilly atlantic that is!) There are those who love the snow in the winter but I think that's highly over-rated myself (not to offend anyone - it's pretty for the first few snowstorms, then enough is enough!) But this is ski country that we live in so if anyone here heard me say that we'd be shunned!

Ever since watching a 2 hour episode of the Love Boat (no snickering ladies!!) when I was a kid that took place in Australia when Julie was supposed to get married I've been in love with the country and have always wanted to visit. A friend of mine went to Sidney as an exchange student so I got to experience it through him... not quite the same!:rolleyes:

Rita from Scotland... WELCOME!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Welcome from me too, Kerren.  You and I have been making bears about the same length of time . . . I started in 1997, also.  And, yes, I think we all share the same traits . . . a passion about making teds and a real addiction to playing on the computer.  But, we know that there are more out there who are just like us, so might as well join in and have fun!!! bear_grin  Your avatar is adorable!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Hi Kerren and Rita, you'll fit in just fine around here!!!!!!  Glad you found us!!

Have fun!

kimkc Australia
Daphne wrote:

Hi Kim,
Lake Sunapee New Hampshire is in the north eastern part of the US - about as far from Oz as one can get and still be in the US unless you go to the state of Maine! Should you ever decide to visit here I recommend coming during our fall/autumn season which I think is your spring.... Sept/Oct. The folliage is beautiful, the temps comfortable and it's just wonderful. Summer (Jun-Aug.) is great too if you visit the east coast and want to be at the ocean (the chilly atlantic that is!) There are those who love the snow in the winter but I think that's highly over-rated myself (not to offend anyone - it's pretty for the first few snowstorms, then enough is enough!) But this is ski country that we live in so if anyone here heard me say that we'd be shunned!

Ever since watching a 2 hour episode of the Love Boat (no snickering ladies!!) when I was a kid that took place in Australia when Julie was supposed to get married I've been in love with the country and have always wanted to visit. A friend of mine went to Sidney as an exchange student so I got to experience it through him... not quite the same!:rolleyes:

Rita from Scotland... WELCOME!!

Hi Daphne,
Lake Sunapee sounds fantastic! Think i'll add it to my places to visit list! Hubby and i hope to save and travel, save and travel!:) Although, we need to renovate our home too, so that will have to be fitted in somewhere:rolleyes:
You must come to Oz, its such a great country, and depending on where you go, its totally different to the next place. Where i live is actually situated in the middle of a desert, so in winter, our nights can get quite cold. Hate being cold, much rather the heat! We often get to 40 - 45 degree celcius here in summer! Love it:)

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

HI KIM I AM FROM AUSTRAILA TOO HAVE YOU BEEN TO WOLLONGONG , WERE DO YOU LIVE ? TI IS NICE TO MEET YOU. MY NAME IS FRAN AND I AM IN LOVE WITH TEDDYS HA! HA! .I AM OFF TO SET UP FOR THE WOLLONGONG DOLL SHOW NOW SO I WILL TALK TO YOU SOOM FRAN

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Hi Kim....Welcome from me here in the UK, too......

Jenny

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Kim, A warm welcome  from me here,  across the water in NZ.

Hugs
Carolyn

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Hi Kim, Welcome!:D  Jenn

Pages:

Board footer