Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Well Sabine I think Microsoft has been digging their own grave for yrs.  I agree that you still have to careful regarding viruses and security, I certainly didn't mean that we should ignore those at all  bear_grin  bear_grin.  But as you pointed out Mac's just work so much better and you don't have the problems with them that a pc has.  I also have to agree with you that they do cost more but you won't have near the problems or headaches that's for sure.  I won't even get started on the VISTA operating system  YIKES  :crackup:  :crackup: .

big hugs

Shane

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website
thebearguys wrote:

I forgot that you were coming over to the States,  you are doing TBAI aren't you?  or was I mistaken on that  (my mind sometime gets so mixed up  bear_grin )

Thats right!!!  We are coming over for three weeks, flying into Toronto, and then doing lots of sightseeing and travelling, to include the Expo, Golden Teddy Awards ceremony, and TBAI.  We are so excited!!!

Waterloo, Ontario

Ohhhhh when are you coming into Toronto??

This is so exciting ,  we are picking Christine Pike and her husband up at the airport right before TBAI and they are staying with us overnight and then we all leave for TBAI the next day. It's a 5.5 hour drive for us and that time should just fly with all of us in the vehicle.  Of course I'm sure customs will have a hayday with two Canadians in the vehicle and two British people  :crackup:  :crackup: . 

Are you going to be doing the TBOV show in Toronto while you are here as well Samantha??

hugs

Shane

Cheltenham, UK
Website

We are going to Toronto at the start of August, and we are then travelling around to see Niagara Falls (on the Canada side), New York City, a couple of places in Virginia, Washington DC (for the Expo, etc.), and then we are ending the holiday with the TBAI, so we won't be staying long enough for TBOV.  I think our suitcases will be full of bears that I have adopted by then!!!!
I knew that Christine was also going into Toronto!!  I'm sure your journey will go so quick - you'll have great fun all travelling down together.  We'll be going to TBAI straight from Newark, where we are staying to explore New York City.  We will be driving back to Toronto the day after TBAI, to catch our flight. 
I'm very excited about it all, but I'm also quite nervous - I've never had a holiday like it before!!!  It should be an amazing experience!

Waterloo, Ontario

Well hopefully we will see you at Expo as well as TBAI.  TBAI is the best though, it's sooo much fun and well we usually get up to no good there (but it's always everyone else's fault as they get us going and then before you know it all heck breaks loose and people are telling us to be quiet and calm down  :crackup:  :crackup: ) 

You will have a wonderful time for sure, Niagara Falls is so nice and we just don't go there enough.  We are only an hour away but never seem to make it there.  We are doing a show there the beginning of June so we may go down the night before and mooch around a bit and meet up with some of the other artist that will be coming in.

hugs

Shane

Cheltenham, UK
Website
thebearguys wrote:

TBAI is the best though, it's sooo much fun and well we usually get up to no good there (but it's always everyone else's fault as they get us going and then before you know it all heck breaks loose and people are telling us to be quiet and calm down  :crackup:  :crackup: )

:crackup:  :crackup: I can't wait!!!! bear_grin

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

I use a Mac and just love them.
This is the second Mac I have bought in ten years and my daughter is using the old one.
They look great and are so user friendly and the good thing about them they do not seem to get viruses
like a PC.
Even though they may cost more, think it is worth it in the end.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

You could not PAY me to go back to a PC! I was 100% against them years ago: considered them as The Toy Computer.
I've turned 180 degrees away from that when I decided to see what they were all about.

PCs:
Dreaded Blue Screen of Death!!!
'Safe Mode'
YUCK!!!

>>>>that's why we want I books as well.
I used to get at least one new (EXPENSIVE) Dummy-type book for everytime we updated the PC's OS. If the explanations don't match what's on your monitor, what good is it?

Plug & Play Mac - super. We're 2 miles from the closest Apple store - the best of both worlds. They've recovered stuff I thought I'd lost forever.

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

I love my iMac...
It was the first "expensive" thing I bought with my first salaries in end of 1999 (or early 2000).
I chose the Flower Power iMac and just love it.
I never had trouble with it except when we connected to it a special modem (Sagem Fast) : the drivers on Mac OsX were not working well and produced kernel panics.
We solved the problem changing the modem against a router one and no problem since.

No virus problem at all.

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Board footer