Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Hi my name is Alison, but I like to be called Ali.  bear_grin  I have been enjoying this forum for quite a few months and have finally got enough courage to register!

I use to collect bears, but stopped when my girls came along.  However, I came across a gorgeous bear whilst on Ebay one day and had to email the artist and that is how I met Kim from a Bear by Kim.    After a few months of driving my husband mad  :redface: , he finally treated me to one of Kims yummy bears called Sandy.  :dance:  bear_wub   I kept in touch with Kim and after various emails of encouragement and a parcel of materials inc a pattern, I have finally finished my first bear which I have called Toby.  :dance: I will try and download a picture (hope this works!!!) of Toby and an anime bear I made for my older daughter which she has called Grape.

I would like to say a big HI to all the talented ladies and gents out there and a HUGE thank you to Kim for all her encouragement. Hugs Ali xxxx

Teddy Tales My Teddy Tales
Massachusetts

A BIG warm welcome to you Ali! I know you will like it here, everyone is very nice and very helpful, (there also very talented) bear hugs!!!       Louise

clare14 Country Bears
England

A HUGE warm welcome to the forum Ali!!   :hug:  :hug:    Can't wait to see your bear, isn't it addictive... bear_whistle  :dance:    Kim is such a sweety pie, lucky you having one of her scrummys!!   bear_tongue

Look forward to chatting some more soon!!   :hug:

Mrs Moo Adelaide

Hi Ali,

I too have just joined TT, and have been made to feel really welcome.  I know there is a lot of knowledge on this site, and for an oldie like me, it is great to access it all.  I am not into bear making as such, but have taken up needle-felting and needle punch embroidery, so there is plenty to keep me occupied - apart from my husband, a dog, cat, 3 sheep and a couple of ducks.  Cheers from Australia,  Roseanne   bear_flower

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Thank you so much for the warm welcome - I am having problems with adding my piccy, the best I can do is this at the moment:

.http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x5/lovethosebears/DSCN2314.jpg

I hope you like them - I am making a pink version of the anime bear at the moment for my younger daughter and then I will try a mohair version of Toby. The bugs bitten!!!!

bumblebearies Bumblebearies
Calgary, Alberta
Website

Welcome Ali

I went to photobucket to look and they are really cute...I copied, saved and brought the pic here for you...hope you don't mind....Toby_and_Grape_.jpg

Awww....they really are very cute...and absolutely great for first bears I must say!!

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Hi Ali, welcome to TT, I love your bears, soo full of character - keep up the great work - I'm sure you'll find it completely addictive  bear_original

Catherine
x

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Hello Ali, welcome to you. You are doing great with the bears, very cute.

Warm wishes
Pauline

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

oh thank you so much Catherine and Pauline for your kind words and a special thank you to Veronica for all the help and advice with the piccy and I've only been a member one day!!!!   

Pauline, I bought some fabric from you recently and emailed you about visiting your table at the Pudsey Fair with my 9 year old daughter in March and I am look forward to saying hi at Octobers Fair.  Tomorrow is the York Bear Fair and I'm like a child on Christmas Eve - I'm so excited my children are looking at me oddly!  :redface:  bear_whistle I'm after a panda for my collection, but I will have to see which one speaks to me!

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Welcome to TT Ali and you too Roseanne bear_flower  Glad you ladies jumped in bear_thumb  I am looking forward to see lots of your bears. Oh Ali you  for sure, got bitten by the bear making bug  bear_grin Do not worry,  is a good kind of bite and the right place for making it better (??) is here for sure bear_original   I think that your husband has lots of  patiences bear_original  as mine does bear_wub . Thanks the Lord for that bear_grin  Roseanne there are quite a bunch of very pretty needle-felted bears around. Your house sounds like ours,  pets and more pets! Lots of work but, they give  so much love in return!
Have a great rest of the weekend.
Bear hugs and Golly smiles .
Gladys.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow, Ali, your first bears are excellent!  What a natural you are - and welcome to Teddy Talk!

momanimallover Taber, Alberta

your first bears? A natural indeed! bear_thumb

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Hi Ali!  Welcome to TT!   bear_flower

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Hi Ali

I didn't realise it was you, just seen your post, I do remember the fabric and the Pudsey Bear Fair!  Hope you enjoyed the York one last week and got your Panda! I bet it was mega busy there as York town always seems to be bustling when I go.

Warm wishes
Pauline

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Ali and a warm welcome to Teddy talk.
Your first bears are great and now you will be caught with the bug, to make more!

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Thank you so much for the lovely welcome and kind remarks about my first little furries.  bear_wub  I have just finished the pink anime bear for my youngest daughter and am about to have a go at my first mohair bear (for me!).  bear_grin  I am really enjoying this site (too much my husband says!!!! - but hell it's only housework I'm missing heehee) and have pick up some great tips, but I must keep practising the basic art first (mustn't run before I can walk!). 

Lots of hugs, Ali x

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

hi ali nice to see some of your work
keep it up as thats a fantastic start - im new too !

cat xxx

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

Ali, your first bears are GREAT , welcome to TT
Hugs
Jodi

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Welcome to Teddy Talk Ali. I know you will have a wonderful time with this forum.

Board footer