Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

OUCH! I had a similar 'shiner' a few years ago after my cat socked me in the eye when I was playing with him. Just imagine the strange looks you get when you tell people that 'the cat did it'! A man walked up to me in the mall and handed me a business card from the local women's shelter (no kidding :redface: )
Everyone will remember you at the show - I guess you can think of it as cheap advertising!! bear_thumb

Best of luck this weekend,
Cheryl bear_flower

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

Holy cow, that looks painful!

I had a black eye once. My friend decided to stand on a kickboard underwater (the fiberglass kind you use in the swimming pool...the ones made to float). As he stood on top of it (it was about 2 feet underwater) he fell backwards and the kickboard shot out of the water like a bullet and nailed me in the eye.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hey you guys . . . thanks for the support and all the terrific ideas on how to disguise the eye - or use the nice colors to my advantage.  If I weren't so ancient, I might try the punk look . . . but nobody would buy someone on Medicare trying to go for "cool" or "rad" or whatever the "in" word is these days.  I do appreciate your replies and wishes for a good show.  Poor Paul is worried that everyone is going to glare at him . . . no matter how I try to explain it.  Will get photos at the show.  Thanks again, my friends.  Take good care, all of you.

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Oh MY, now that's a shiner! Ouch!   :hug:   

I personally have never knocked myself out like that, but when I was in high school my best friend bent over in the bathroom and knocked herself in the middle of the forehead on the corner of the sink.  She had this huge bruise right between her eyes, and she was too embarrassed to admit what she'd done so she told everyone she said something nasty to me and I hit her!  I thought, "Now wait a second, that makes me look mean!" lol  but I guess she thought that was a better alternative to whapping herself in the forehead with the sink....  bear_ermm  lol

Kimberly W.

kallie214 Friends "Fur" Life Bears
Gig Harbor, WA.
Website

Oh dear! Thats quite a shiner you got there....ouch!!! Thats gonna be a great conversation piece.

Wishing you a speedy recovery and a fantastic show!

Bear Hugs,

Kim

Stellajella Wien

Oh my!!!! Sue Ann, I hope you won´t have to suffer for long anymore! That´s really a colourful black eye!!!!
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Gaby bear_flower

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

OOOh my SueAnn I hope it clears soon for you. Just wear dark glasses I don't think anyone would be game to ask why.. if they do just say they should see what the other person looks like :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup: .. Have a good show

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

Oh you poor thing - when I saw the photo I winced, and my eyes teared up. :hug:

Many years ago when I first met my husband we were toboganing and I was seated on the sled behind him.  Our sled hit a buried stump and my nose collided with his hard back.  I had a swollen nose and two black eyes for a week after - and a very bloody ski jacket!

Take care of it, and perhaps you should see a Dr. as Aleta suggested - just to be sure.

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Sue Ann,

My mother, who pops in here occasionally, said to me "Did you see Sue Ann's black eye?!".  Really, how many times am I going to hear that in life?!?!  Morbid curiosity made me look, and I agree that looks so painful it makes MY eyes hurt! 

Big hugs Sue Ann.  Life is tough as it is, try not to beat yourself up anymore   :hug:   :hug:  :hug:

Kelly

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Owwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!  You poor thing!  My mum did that with a rake not so long ago  :doh:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

SA-s-eye-after-makeup-show-day.jpgSA-s-eye--before-show-day.jpgHi, folks . . . back from Albuquerque.  I just know you all are anxiously waiting an update on the continuing "eye" saga!  Not really?  Here it is anyway.  Actually this is a commercial for Dermablend, I think.  A few of you mentioned it, and I actually had some that I bought around 20 years ago - so took it along to see if it could help the situation.  These are "before" and "after" photos from show day - May 20th.  Dermablend rocks!!!

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_shocked  Wow!  That stuff really works!  bear_shocked   You can hardly tell you were injured, in fact, if you didn't know, I'd say no one would realize. 

I bet your hubby was relieved!  bear_whistle

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Ahhhh wonderful stuff, that dermablend is!!  And it didn't even look cakey or fake!  Hmmm, note to self: If I ever end up with a shiner, try dermablend!  Let's hope that never happens though...  bear_tongue Glad to see it ended up not being a bear show issue, Sue Ann!

Kimberly W.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Wow!!! I'm impressed! I need some of that stuff on a daily basis..... bet it works great on freckles! :crackup:
No wonder you looked perfect on show day! Way to go! See, pays to not throw things away! I have a box of make up that I think I had back in high school! I know... ew!

bear_thumb  bear_thumb

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Awe Sue Ann! You are one beautiful lady no matter what! A speedy recovery to you Hun!

Hugs Louise

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Wow, that is amazing and wayyyy better than a banana peel on your face!  I need that for all my freckles (like Daphne mentioned) as I have tons!  Dermablend does rock!

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Wow, Sue Ann, that stuff sure worked great! I think that has to be the worst shiner I've ever seen but it looks like it is improving already from your first photos so hopefully you'll be all better in no time!

Board footer