Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Hi Friends.

Just wanted to let you know we have lost our beloved 10 year old pup Sydney who we called Tiddy or Tiddy Bear. We called her that because she was a big chubby rotty girl who literly smiled from ear to ear all the time and was my shadow along with our dalmation michah.

We have or had 4 dogs whom we love as if they are our children.

Sydney was not feeling well Tuesday night and we knew this because she would not eat supper. She started vommitting Wed. and and when we took her to the vet early Thursday morning they did emergency surgery but it was too late. Garnet and I stayed with her in our arms until her beautiful soulful little heart stopped.

So we are going to take a bit of time to recover and will not be around to much on TT or making bears until we can get back on our feet.

I know some will think this is so silly of us as Sydney was just a dog, but to us she was our ray of sunshine every day as all of our pups are.

Hugs Louise

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Oh Louise I'm so so sorry for your sudden loss.   Take all of the time you need to heal, it's very important that you allow yourself that.  They're not just dogs.... they're the best kind of friends to have in life.  Thinking of you and Garnet :hug:  :hug:

:hug:
~Chrissi

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Hon There is no such thing as " just a dog" :hug:  I'm sorry!

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

I'm so sorry for your loss Louise and Garnet. When you open your heart to love, it comes to you in many forms, including the 4 legged variety. Take the time to remember her well.

Cheryl :hug:

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

I am very sorry for your loss.  I know exactly how you feel right now.  There is no such thing as "just a dog" around here.

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Oh Louise.   bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry
I'm so sorry for your loss of Tiddy.  They're not just dogs, or cats for that matter.  They're family.  They're our furry little four legged children.  My heart aches over your loss. 

Take care and know that many of us are thinking of you and Garnet and sending our thoughts and prayers.

Warmest and biggest hearfelt hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Louise, I am so sorry for your loss. I understand perfectly the love you have for Sydney. We have three Scotties now. We lost our little Hugo about two and a half years ago and I still miss him so much and tear up at just the thought of him chasing birds in our back yard or giving me that very special look.

No, no, no, not silly at all. Our furry companions are quite special. God Bless. :hug:

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

It is not silly.  I'm still grieving over my Pom that I lost last July at age 14.  They become such a part of us and we love them so dearly.  Take time to grieve and recover.  Biggest Hugs to you.

Strike A Paw Posts: 535

Louise, I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your loved one "Tiddy Bear".  It's not easy to have a loved one pass on - no matter what form they take in life.  My thoughts are with you and Garnet.

Hugs,

Julie

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of Tiddy Bear.  You're not being silly by taking some time to mourn.  All our animals are part of the family and losing one of them is so hard.  You and Garnet take care.

Jane

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

sorry for your loss.  Don't let people tell you it's just a dog. I still miss  a little dog I lost over 9 years ago.  bear_cry

Marion

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Aw, Louise.  I'm heartbroken for you.  I know just how it is.  No need to explain the depth of that loss; I think most of us know it too well already.  They're not "just" animals; they're family.

You're in my thoughts.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

Louise I am heartbroken for you, please know that my thoughts are with you through this really sad time, pets are family and the loss of a pet is so hard, the one thing that I hope will be comforting, is that Tiddy left this earth surrounded by love and we should all be so lucky.
Hugs :hug:
Jodi

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

They are never 'just a ~ ....fill in the blank'.  They have a HUGE part of our hearts and souls, and of course you need time to grieve  :hug:   Take all the time you need. 

Don't forget, I just did the same over a chicken/hen just a couple of weeks ago.   bear_cry   Most people would tell you 'dont' be silly', but my teddy bear friends on here came forward with hugs, many chicken stories, and Raggedy Rat even made the most gorgeous redition of her. 

Oh, and all I can say about the crying over every little thing ~ do it.  Let it all out, and take as much time as you need to grieve.  There's no timetable for this sort of thing, and far better out than in.  Your sweet Sydney had the absolute best of lives with you, and its so nice to hear she was able to go safely in your arms.   :hug:  bear_cry  :hug:

dusty attic dusty attic bears
somerset

Ohh Louise, I am so sorry, We too have just lost our beautiful dog so i know your pain, take care, big big hugs. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

puca bears puca bears

Me too, Louise....
I am just so sorry - losing a beloved pet HURTS  - no way are they just cats or dogs - they are our FRIENDS.
Mega-sympathies to you
big huggies
Maria :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

So sorry to hear of the sudden loss of your beloved pet, Louise. Sending you lots of hugs.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Stellajella Wien

Louise, I´m so sorry  :hug: ...poor Tiddy, but at least she did not have to suffer long ( I know, this is just an excuse)
Don´t feel silly for feeling how you feel now, she has been part of your family; only cold hearted people who never experienced the love of a pet can think this way. And they are poor, very poor!
I wish you and your family ( which includes the four legged ones as well) all the best!!!

Gaby bear_flower

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

My dogs are my children too... we don't have kids... they are IT! They are a huge part of our lives... I tell myself every day that they are a special gift and won't be with us for ever... I make sure I spend special time with each of them every day. What you have experienced this week is something I often think about with a heavy heart.

Tiddy made an impression on your hearts and in your lives that will never fade.

I'm so sorry.... I understand....
Love and Hugs to you both and the dogs too... I'm sure they are missing her also!
Daphne

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Louise and Garnet i am so sorry  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Lots of hugs
Vicki

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Louise and Garnet I am so sorry, it is always hard to lose a member of the family

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Louis & Garnet,

I too am so sorry.  Losing pets is such a difficult time...I don't care what anyone says...it IS like losing a member of the family.

Hugs to both of you!!!

:hug:   :hug:

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Oh Louise, I'm sorry. They're not just dogs, they're a part of our families so losing one is sometimes just as hard as losing a human loved one.  I hope you feel better soon!

Kimberly W.

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Dear Louise:  My heart goes out to you. I love my cats as if they were my children too. It is so hard to say goodbye. How comforting it was for your beloved dog to have you there when she passed. For when these sad times happen, I think back to the glorious wonderful years of joy I had with my animals.  This is a wonderful poem that you may know  but thought you would like to read it again:

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Louise & Garnet, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Our 4 legged family members are just as hard to lose, big hugs to you both. :hug:  :hug:

Board footer