Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

Magda I thought you would enjoy this letter to the editor that was in my paper today.

On May 29, I experienced something that has never happened to me before. I was at Wal-Mart on McGalliard with my significant other, our son, my sister-in-law and her new baby. We were at the checkout line when a young woman came up to us and asked us if she could pay for our groceries. We were speechless and really did not know what to say. We asked what the catch was. and she explained she was being nice. She walked up and paid $136 and some change for our items. She handed us the receipt and walked away. We knew her name because it was on the receipt, Danielle Wright.

Danielle started "pay it forward" that day. We went to lunch and bought the two people behind us lunch. They in return, told us that they would buy someone's lunch tomorrow. When we got home we told our two older boys what had happened and that the stranger had actually bought them two shirts. The boys went next door and mowed the neighbors yard. We talked to the neighbor later and told him why we did it and he thanked us because his mower was broken. He was in the process of fixing the mower and told us that he was going to mow his neighbors, yard the next day while they were on their honeymoon.
If someone presents you with a Random Act of Kindness, thank them and pass it on. This was an experience that we will never forget.

Wasn't that such an uplifting letter.
:hug:
Jodi

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Thats pretty cool Jodi !!! I need a miracle donator !!!  Wouldn't that be something ? With my problem I am going through !!! But how cool that would be to help some one. I am going to keep my eyes open for someone for me to help out , can't afford to buy groceries but maybe something small that will still warm their heart.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

I think I for got to share this, the other day when I was down about my up coming divorce I shared with a friend at work what was happening. About an hour later she brought me .50 cents and said this is for number 68 . Meaning the cup of coffee she knew we both like from the machine. When I was done I made sure I told her it warmed my heart and my tummy !! It made me come to tears ... just a small cup of coffee !!! Made me remember GOD will supply all my needs ... even down to my favorite cup of coffee. bear_grin

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

But please dont make me do a kindness to the lady in number 38. She looks at me with daggers in her eyes and scares the bejeebers out of me. 
Wendy

Wendy, in my view this is exactly the kind of person you should try do something special for - just do it anonymously! (That or doing something for a total stranger, as some of the stories on here so far). I love doing something nice for people who dislike me - kind of like the "love your enemy" and "turn the other cheek" thing. When I belonged to a doll club a number of years ago, I sent an anonymous gift of a vintage Shirley Temple doll to a particularily dislikable older lady in the club who was not very well off and who on several occasions referred me to as a "rich bitch" (not true - well not the rich part - although that is certainly relative - and I hope the other part isn't a view held my many!). She was so touched and at the next doll club meeting said she knew it had to be someone from the club who sent it and was so thankful and appreciative it just brought tears to my eyes. To this day she has no idea it was me - I would never admit it both because that was not the purpose in doing it and because I really felt if she ever found out it was me it would take away from her enjoyment of the doll.
I just love the whole idea of "random acts of kindness" and "pay it foward"!

majdle Posts: 130
Website

YES, YES, YES, YOU GO GIRRRRLS!!! Sorry I haven´t posted anything for so long - I´m working (seasonally) as a tour guide and I´ve got a turkish children´s choir to take care of. That means 33 kids and 5 adults.. A lot of work, mainly because none of the adults speaks much English (or German,or Polish, or Czech or Slovak or even Hebrew or anything I´m at least able to understand a bit), but thank God there´s one little girl who grew up in Malaysia and speaks English...yippeeee!!! But poor little girl, now she´ll have to translate everything:-) But since I know there is a birthday kid in the group, I need to go back to work and find a way to get her a small present and a cake without being seen and being needed. I´m sitting in a hotel lobby, typing this and sipping on my coffee - this job (working for the choir festival) means that I have to be with the kids 24/7, so I either sleep in the hotel with them (if the hotel is located outside the city centre) or I can go home to sleep after all the kids are safe in bed. And even then, I just have to be o n the phone. But I LOVE doing this. Hotel lobbies, buses, reception desks, hotel rooms and restaurants..that´s my world. :-) And since I used to be a little choir singer, too (from 4 to 18), it just takes me back in time. It´s a lot of stress, a lot of nerves, but I love this job.
And, of course, there is a lot of possibilities to be kind in this environment:-)

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Wendy, in my view this is exactly the kind of person you should try do something special for - just do it anonymously

YES!! its hard to have the courage tobe nice to the scary people. I have always been up for a challenge.
Thanks Edie for the push :hug:

Board footer