Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

OK folks...have you seen my new picture under my avatar yet? I cut 14 inches off my hair today...and I feel like a new person...

Hugs &

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Wow!!!
I bet you do feel like a new woman! Way to go!
Think of all that shampoo you'll save!
Have you tried felting human hair?

Lynn Wisconsin

Your picture looks great Charlotte, and 14 inches is an amazing amount of hair.  It will be much cooler for summer.

Lynn

Adkins, Texas

Thanks Daphne...I really do feel like a new woman...hubby who had no clue I was gonna do it today came home from town & said"oh you washed your hair...oh wow...you cut it...!!! Later in the day he said "you look younger"...how awesome is that? as for what I cut off...it's going to Locks of Love...maybe when I do some trims I will try felting some...as hair on a critter maybe...lol

Hugs &

Adkins, Texas
Lynn wrote:

Your picture looks great Charlotte, and 14 inches is an amazing amount of hair.  It will be much cooler for summer.

Lynn

Thanks Lynn, I was posting at the same time you were...yes...much cooler for the summer...especially here in NM!!! Also...the picture I posted was while my hair was still wet from washing it...my natural wave has come back...it feels wonderful...ahhhh

Hugs &

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

After I posted I wondered if you gave it to an organization like that.
Give that hubby a hug... that was the right thing to say! I'm sure you felt wonderful after that compliment!

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

It looks great - a new hairstyle can really lift your spirits - especially when you get lovely compliments like you did from your husband.

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836
makafelts wrote:

...it's going to Locks of Love...

That's such an awesome thing to do!!! And you look Fabulous Charlotte!!  Wow, 14 inches...you must really feel the difference, feel so much lighter.  I always let my hair grow out long and then eventually cut it off to a shorter length, only to grow it out again (it grows SO fast)....the weirdest thing is washing it the next day...you want to shampoo the ends that aren't there anymore  bear_grin

Again, you look great!!  bear_original

:hug:
~Chrissi

Adkins, Texas

Daphne,
Yup...Thanks to Lisa, I didn't know where to send it...but she gave me the link...& I felt like a million bucks after my hubby said that.....I will pass along the extra hug:)

Christine...Thanks & you are right...I really needed a spirit lift...and my hubby sure helped with that too:)

Hugs &

Adkins, Texas

Thanks Much Chrissi!!! It had gotten so long & my hair is very heavy...& I was starting to have headaches & neck problems...and tonight I feel lighter than air!!!...And if you can cut off a pony tail or braid that is 10 inches long or more...Locks of Love can use it...for those sweet kids..It isn't why I cut my hair...just a perfect result...thanks to my friend Lisa & my Mom.

Hugs &

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Woohoo, Charlotte . . . how lovely!!  And how generous to donate to Locks of Love.  I bet you do feel lighter!

Adkins, Texas

Thanks much SueAnn...Lighter in many ways!!!

Hugs &

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

There's a special place in heaven for people like you, sweet Charlotte.  What a lovely gesture.  And as a bonus, I tend to agree with your husband -- you do look younger!

bear_original

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

Charlotte what an angel you are!!!!!!
what a great cause , I saw a TV show about a little girl that got a wig from there and her face just lit up when she got the wig, just think your hair will make someone else that happy, how cool. Your haircut makes you look so young, it's a great cut for your face, very pretty.
:hug:
Jodi

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Way to go Charlotte - you look like a new Woman!
Enjoy your new look bear_thumb

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Charlotte, From time to time we all need a boost and looks like you went and did the right thing, for you and a good cause.

bear_thumb
Lynette

bumblebearies Bumblebearies
Calgary, Alberta
Website

Definitely a different you Charlotte..and I agree totally...a much younger looking you..

That was a lot of hair!

Adkins, Texas

Thanks Shelli, Jodi, Carolyn, Lynette & Veronica... :redface: lol

Hugs &

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

OOOO... Charlotte!  You look adorable!   bear_wub  :hug:

Kim Basta

Adkins, Texas

bear_grin Thankee Kim!!!

Hugs &

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Great haircut!! I had long hair once and cut it shoulder lenght. Over a two year period, it kept get shorter and shorter!!! It is still short.

Adkins, Texas

Thanks Michelle...lol...Sometimes it happens fast...sometimes slowly bear_grin

Hugs &

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Good for you Charlotte, and you look wonderful!  I'm going to do a big haircut as well this year, and was planning to send it to Locks of Love.  My hairdresser arched an eyebrow and said "you could do several donations and still have long hair", when I asked if I had enough to make a donation. 
bear_grin

Maybe I will get my courage up to do this soon, you're certainly an inspiration!  I've lost almost 20 pounds since April, so perhaps it's time to justify a bit of a make-over. 
:dance:

Hugs,
Kelly

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

wow!  that's a lot of hair!  and that's such a great cause.  You look good with the new haircut!   bear_original

Adkins, Texas

Thanks Kelly, My Mom thinks what I cut off & sent in will make at least 2 wigs...and my hair is still long enough to do a french braid in the back...I still can't quite believe that all I  did is to pull my hair up on top of my head into a pony tail...with 2 rubberbands about an inch apart...and just cut between them...and no trimming after...and I still love it today!!!
Also if you have lost that much weight...that is totally awesome...and definitely time for a whole new look...you just wait...it feels wonderful shedding the extra weight of the hair!!!

Hugs &

Board footer