Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

topsyturvybear2a.jpgtopsyturvyviolet2a.jpgtopsyturvyfriends1.jpgI just finished my second needle felted Topsy Turvy Doll. I call this one "Best Buddies" because one side is a golly & the other is a bear...of course they are best buddies!!!
This doll is 5 inches tall, and the golly has violet eyes & blouse and both sides of the skirt have embroidered violet flowers. The bear buddy is Chestnut Merino wool. All features are needle felted. The skirt is vintage muslin feed bag, that I stained to look old with black walnut stain I make from the hull by boiling in water (I use this stain on lots of my baskets).

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

You most certainly are creative Charlotte bear_thumb  :dance:

Adkins, Texas

Thank you my dear...I sure am having fun with these:)

Hugs &

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Charloote that is sooooo cool!!  I love it.  Keep doing more of these. I think you are the first. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Adkins, Texas

Thanks Judi!!! I haven't seen any one making needle felted ones yet!! They sure are fun..off to start another one bear_grin

Hugs &

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Can't wait to see the next one Charlotte. bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Charlotte! Great minds think alike!
I had that idea on my Nov/Dec docket!! To that end I've been taking doll-figure design classes in the past 2 years (Sharon Costello, Brigitte Krag Hansebn, et..)

Our 40 yo daughter had several of these as a youngster. My favorite - which is what I was going to replicate - was a Red Riding Hood. Half was the wolf and the other end was actually a 2 faced, doubled doll; Grandma facing one way and with flipping her cap over the opposite side was RR.

No fair doing this one - I've got first dibs!!!

Adkins, Texas

Hmmm Bobbie...I had no clue...lol..ok ok I won't make a Red Riding Hood & Wolf one...lol!!!

Judi, Guess you know what the next won't be bear_grin

Hugs &

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh Carlotte,

Absolutely fantabulous, so cute so adorable so you!!!

Adkins, Texas

So much fun...Thanks Dilu for everything!!!!

Hugs &

greatwon2 AlmostBears
Tasmania

lol...my daughter has a red riding hood and wolf and grandma one....dont know if its a home made one or not tho...it was given to her by her nan , who found it at a garage sale(where all good toys come from bear_grin ) you can only buy crap nowdays from shops
and i love yours charlotte bear_thumb i got a good giggle imagining them standing on their heads under that dress bear_tongue

Adkins, Texas

Thanks so much!! I think that the Red Riding Hood/Wolf/Grandma one must have been very popular!!
I have my topsy turvy dolls displayed right now in a basket hanging on the wall & you can see the Bear peeking out from under the skirt at the cow who is peeking out from the other one...both standing on their heads...it's a riot!!!

Hugs &

Board footer