Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Pages:
kraftyladies Beary Lovely ... Bears by Susan
Florida

bear_smile  thank you, thank you

I will try to be a very good chairperson......   :dance:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

bear_thumb Yippee! Sounds like a plan!  bear_thumb

Kirsten - You are so sweet and I'd be honored for you to have a Daphne bear.... I am so in love with Oliver and he wants you to know he's very happy here! Wouldn't it be fun to own each other's Avatar bears??? My avatar bear will be advertised in the nov/dec issue of TB&F mag!  bear_laugh

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Kim, you are forgetting that we have seen your bears.  Listen up girilikins, you make truly adorable bears! 

Just thought someone should interject a little sanity here before you get goodgollycrazy ideas about your work.  :hug:

Kim, please put the hammer down and step away!  No more pounding on your poor head!  :doh:

I'm with Miss Pennikins-  keep it simple

:P

bear_innocent  Dilu

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Count me in! bear_laugh  Jenn

clare14 Country Bears
England

Kim,

Your bears are GORGEOUS GIRL!!!!!   I'm with Penny, don't spoil the surprise, after all someone's gonna get one of mine !!!! bear_rolleyes

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

LOL you gals make me smile - I know, I am wayyyy too hard on myself! I am my worst critic!

I just hope whoever gets mine will love it.  after all I AM just beginning bear_happy  I just got the most scrumptious Material!  My First bear is done except for details.  He is crocheted.  The nest one will be sewen. Jenn

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Interesting idea ladies.
Do I have some time to think about it?? I want to make sure I have the time, as I'm trying really hard to get some 'stock' going and I'm just soo slow at teddy making.
But I love the idea of a swap, and I love the idea of partners decided what they are going to do, eg. a suprise, or a planned size etc.
But let me think about it. I hate to promise to swap and never finish. That's BAD!!!  :redface:
Heather

Florida

Hi Heather,

Yes, you have time to decide.  November 1st is the deadline for everyone to sign up.  The date to mail out your swap probably won't be until the end of February or early march, if that helps your decisions any.... 

Bear hugs,   :hug:
Susan

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh no, 3rd page already ??  :bday:
Thanks everyone for accepting me to join.   :hug:
Ok here is my vote.
1) Swap join dead line 01NOV... OK (for me)
2) Swap with any one............... OK .
3) Bear and Golly.................... Both OK .
4) I would prefer to use an original design ... OK.

I like the Daphne's idea ↓

What if everyone who is going to participate submitted two short lists: one with what they MAKE: bear, golly, etc
SIZE: in inches (ball park like 6-10, 10 - 14" or something) and STYLE: traditional, contemporary, antique, etc.
Then the other list is for what they like to collect: again, MAKE, SIZE, STYLE. Then who ever (Susan) is organizing this puts all with a majority of matches for each list together, then draws.

I'm happy with any type of bear or golly to collect(because I know you ladies are creative!)  but for making, I can't make a golly or a tiny bear (i i)...

Kim, your bear is adorable !! bear_smile :rose:

Susan, I just noticed your new avatar ! so cute !!  bear_thumb

Hugs/Marie

Sorry to bring this up again but....  I couldn't imagine being offended with any ones work.  I'd be too worried  they wouldn't like mine bear_tongue  After all I am still a beginner & you ladies have yet to see my work.  Jenn

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

We wanna see your work!!! PWEEZ!  bear_innocent

Almost done bear_laugh Jenn

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Whoa here...page 3 already ?  Wait for me !!!! ( this is Winney here whinning Whoaaaa.)

Swaps are fun ! I don't care what kind of bear, what price range , doll or Golly , clown or monster, color it is ,  where to ship to ..he, he. ..or anything, Just surprise me !!!  The only thing that might be nice would be to keep the size mini  up to 12" or so...some of us don't make anything but minis ???

I just love the element of surprise and fun it is for all of us. I have seen other swaps that were done on a Theme that would be fun to do

sometime...like Fairy Tale ...Other critters....Easter ( any thing )...Baby bears... etc.

You know  in the future we can always do all kinds of swaps and only those who want to join in is OK too.

OK count me in !!!!......... Winney

Florida

Yay!!  I am glad to see so many people interested!  This is going to be FUN!!   :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

Sorry, I think I won't do this swap.   :/

I had such a hard time trying to do this charity bear for children with cancer, I can't possibly make a bear for my mother in law, nephew and my own child by Feb. let alone make one for fun. Next time I'll be part of this, but this time I will live through your experiences...  :)

Sorry guys, sounds like fun....

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

I would really love to be in this swap if I may, please. I'm not a professional artist, but I have my own patterns and would like to use one of them. If I have time until next year I'll be able to do it. My only request is that I don't want to make a really large bear. I am not sure what would be my limit, but I mostly make bears 3-10 inches. I have never weighed my bears, but I would like to keep it under 1kg including packing material, because the cheapest parcel postage from Sweden is about $30. Besides that, I'll ship anywhere. I like gollies, but I would prefer a bear, because this is my first swap and I don't have a single bear made by anyone else. I am not picky, no request on fabric quality or colour, panda, koala, regular bear, I'd be happy with whatever my swap partner decides to make.

I hope, someone here will accept getting a bear from me.

Hugs

Sabine

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

Wow! I just read through all 3 pages of this post. I would like to be involved in this swap......I would love a bear from somewhere else...hopefully that person would like one of mine!  :teddybear:

Count me in...sounds like fun bear_thumb :hug:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Sabine, I would gladly take one of your bears! My ancestors are from Sweden so that would be kind of neat!

Florida

Hi Sabine and Ellen,  :D

It is not too late to join in on the fun!!   :clap:  :clap: Partners will be picked after Nov 1st.  Once you have partners, you can decide size, color, etc with them.

I think we will need to have all the bear pic put up on here afterwards so we can see what everyone's bears looked like that they received.  Can't wait!!!   :dance:

Susan

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Aww shoot,you guys,it all sounds like so much fun but I don't know if I can commit (I could be committed ,no question) I'm so busy at school that I'm having trouble even getting a bear made to sell.I'm starting to worry that I'll be forgotten before anyone even knows me.I need to work on my lesson plans,fix up my website,learn how to edit my pictures  :doh:  :doh: and actually make bears!! I wanted to try and make a bear worthy of entering the contest too but I'm running out of time.I have my Angel who was my avatar,I wonder if she is good enough to enter ......
I'll have to make up my mind by Nov.1st.
Oh ,it sounds so fun......

Bewildered...Shari.

clare14 Country Bears
England

Ooooh Shari,   I know how you feel.   Life's all a bit too much for me at the moment too - in fact last week I had a 'Can't cope, Won't cope' week.  bear_angry  It's hard going what with the kids and work, where's the time for us huh!!??

Hang in there  bear_happy

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

:hug: :hug: :hug: to you Clare  bear_original

Shari

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_sad Shari and Clare,

May I get in on this hug, pleeeeze?  :pray:

I'd love to do a swap, but I'm struggling to build up an inventory so that I can set up a website. Ack!! My Bear4Charity will be my maiden voyage on eBay. I hope I don't flub it.  :doh:

Still, nothing stops me from ordering more mohair!!  :lol:

Eileen

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Of course Eileen,big bear hugs to you  bear_smile  :hug:

I hope you do really well on ebay,when do the chairity auctions start?

No,your right,nothing can stop the ordering of  the evil mohair  :twisted:  moohahahah  :twisted: (that's my best evil laugh  :redface: ,sorry)

Anyway,hugs for all those who need them and some even  for those who don't.I'm gonna hug you anyway...... bear_laugh  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Pages:

Board footer