Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Pages:
Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Eileen, I'd like to start a website some day too bear_laugh I'm doing the swap to expand my collection and get my work out and about.  Jenn

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:hug: Thanks, Shari  :hug:

There's so much great stuff going on, I guess nobody can do it all! Well, except maybe for Nancy Tillberg!

bear_thumb Jenn,

Good thinking! I guess my charity bears are my outs and abouts! One day I'd love to collect artist bears, though.

The Teddies4Charity auctions begin this coming Sunday, at the rate of 5 (I think) a week. My Lily and Mr. Grizzle come up on October 30th. You can find all the information about the auctions on Nancy's website:

http://www.northcountryteddybears.com/T … /index.htm

Eileen

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Shari...there's no doubt in my mind at all that your angel is good enough to enter. Do it girlie..and don't think about it for another second. She's superb! :clap:

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Thanks Hayley  :hug:  :hug:

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I agree Shari, your bear for sure is good enough.
Heather

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Well Ladies,

After 4 pages, yikes thats a lot of talking, I have to tell you all, I have been holding my breathe, waiting to see how you all are going to handle this swap issue.

I am so  impressed with the level of care, concern, gentleness and support I see here.

You are all  :angel:s

:hug:  bear_tongue  :hug:

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Ditto to Dilu !!!  :clap:  :hug:  :dance:

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

My computer was down for a few days & then I was away for awhile, so I am really far behind in reading all of these posts, but I would love to join the swap!
After reading all the pages (4!!) my thoughts are: I would love to receive a bear or angel, or if I was lucky enough, a golly!!! from anyone, in any size!

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Angel bears !!! What a neat idea...wouldn't that make a wonderful exchange theme ?... Winney

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Oh yes..even golli angels would be ever so cute...Winney

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I have plenty of angel wings that I hand made from feathers - they are just waiting to be used.. that would be a neat idea to do angel bears!   bear_thumb

kraftyladies Beary Lovely ... Bears by Susan
Florida

nola-full-small.jpgcheriesitsm.jpgHey that's a great idea!  I love making angel bears.  I haven't made any in awhile, but here are pics of two that I made before....

I see a trend, I just noticed they are both almost the same color.  guess I must think angel bears need to be peachy/pink!!!

~Susan

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

OK, So, first I must apologize if I was offending anyone in the concern over size, cost, quality, approval or disappointment in the swapped bears.  :redface: I'm not sure if I was taken as being picky or snooty or genuinely concerned for everyone's happiness in the end results of the swap. My intent was the latter. It's been my experience that there is always one who is unhappy in the end and that can spoil it for many. But then, I haven't been involved in a swap with such a wonderful caring bunch of women like all of you so I don't see that happening here and should have thought about that. I'm sorry.

I have to admit that I wasn't too big on angel bears. Thought it was kind of tacky. (There I go, being a chihuahua speaking my mind!) But lately I've seen some very beautiful angel bears made by some of you here and have fallen in love with the idea. Maybe we could have a couple of themes..... angel bears and ___?____ bears for those who may not like or want to make an angel.  Then again, we don't want to restrict the creativity and artistry in each of us by setting a rule as to what we have to make. Sigh.....

Whatever we decide..... I'm looking forward to it!!!  bear_thumb  bear_innocent

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Gina!
Your an angel!  :angel:

Big Hugs to you!  :hug:
Daphne

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Daphne-darlin if we all had to apologise for things said that might not have been quite as tactful as we would have liked, QUY would have to make a whole new discussion section.....and smilies to go along with it.  Yikes.

Don'T worry about it.  You brought up important valid things everyone needed to think about if they were going to participate.  It is important that someone do this, and I thought you did it admirably.

Also the issues you brought up gave everyone else ideas to voice....I think you guys are bringing this all together and doing it well.

Susan, your little angels are adorable.  I've never been a fan of the idea- seeing wings in the catalogs, but you have made me rethink the idea.  Thanks.  I think we all know I look for any excuse available to try something new  :P

:hug:

Dilu

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Thanks, Dilu!

It was Melissa's bear that converted me to an angel bear lover: (hope you don't mind my posting her pic, melissa!)
91aabbd30c54c1e970a2bdb20546930e.jpg

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

I would never throw away a handmade gift! bear_ermm  That is totally hateful!   Jenn

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

charity-005.jpg:redface: thanks Daphe!  :redface:

Funny thing is...I'm not an angel person myself.  I once visited an angel shop and it freaked me out!  However, I do like angel bears as long as they're not too ott... In fact my first angel bear, Gabe, features on my business card and swing tag...and I'm making the third in my simply angelic series when I'm not wasting time here!!   

Now, I'm going to totally cheese my friend Mel off   bear_grin  ...she's been lurking here for a few days and I keep urging her to introduce herself. She makes amazing bears with beautiful faces.  Unfortunately we live in different islands so I don't get to see her bears as often as I would like.  Anyway, she made this gorgeous angel Charity, and last year when I went to stay with her, charity was waiting on my pillow!  S'cuse the bad pic - I snapped it now in a hurry.  She'll tell me off because this is one of her "old" bears but I still think she's so cute and so sad!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh, Melissa's friend MEL - Please step forward!! We wanna know ya!!

Welcome to the board Mel!

Danni

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

I don't want you to think I'm a snob, but I just can't participate right now.  I'm so busy.  I have 3 more bears to make for fundraising efforts !  Plus I need to try and make some to sell.  (I think I give away more bears than I sell)  bear_grin

Good luck with the swap.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I have to admit, I am not a big angel person but I LOVE any kind of bears and angel bears...  bear_innocent  I will swap any bear or golly gladly - just no clowns please! LOL

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Aww, Tammy. Someone here doesn't know what they are missing! You're bears are so spectacular but we fully understand!  :hug:

Melissa's friend, MEL.... Charity is amazing. Love her sweet face. We'd love to hear from you and see more of your bears! Please??  bear_innocent

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Hi Everyone,

I also thought I'd jump in and say I'm not a snob either, I would love to participate, but I'm a little stretched with time also!

Danni

newbearland Christchurch, New Zealand

Here I am.  Melissa has made me sound very voyeuristic :redface:, but in reality I was just trying to get my avatar to work (it is still a bit blurry!!) and to write an introduction - which I still haven’t done :doh:.  I promise some pictures.....once I figure out how to get a better avatar :pray:

Mel

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

HI MEL!!!!  :D

YEAH! You joined us!  :dance:  :clap:  bear_thumb  :hug:

Welcome, Welcome!

Your avatar bear is adorable! What a face and I love those feet! Oooo, I can't wait to see more! And hear more from you too! I can tell you'll have lots of great things to share with us!

Thank you, Melissa for getting her to join us!

Big  :hug: to you both!
Daphne

Pages:

Board footer