Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Pages:
SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hi, Mel and big welcome to Teddy Talk!  Glad you decided to join us and I LOVE your avatar . . . great work!!  Looking forward to some pics and getting to know you better!   bear_laugh  bear_laugh

newbearland Christchurch, New Zealand

Thanks Daphne

Melissa said you guys were all lovely bear_original

Mel

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Regarding swaps . . . think it sounds like a great lot of fun, BUT - like some of you, my time is filled to overflowing with other committments and obligations (some beary and others not so beary).  Please forgive me for bowing out of this one, but maybe another time will be a little less hectic.  You guys have loads of fun with this!!  :dance:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Hi Ya Mel, glad you could stop and play- we have a lot of fun and we do expect you to follow all the rules....every last one of them.....

PICTURES LOTS AND LOTS OF PICTURES!!!!

Woooohoooo  Do we ever like pictures!

:hug: :hug:

Dilu

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

LOL YEs, photos, of course photos!!!!!

Mel, your bear is adorable, just the type of bear I love - Cant wait to see more!!

Danni

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh Welcome, Mel!  :hug:

You'll love being a part of this jolly, generous group! They're my lifeline.

Eileen

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

CAN I PLAY????!!!!!

I WOULD BE TRUELY HONOURED TO HAVE ANY AND OR ALL OF YOUR BEARS. SIMPLY BECAUSE I RESPECT YOU ALL. OH!! and because you make me laugh until I wet myself. bear_grin bear_grin  bear_grin

Pplleeaassssse???????   I just love surprises AND I would do my very best work. I'll draw up a new pattern just special for my swapsies buddy. :hug: Honest!!! bear_innocent

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

I go away a week and look what you all get up to! COUNT ME IN. I do small and bigger bears so would not mind making either. I don't mind shipping abroad. Also I can get mine made by Christmas but I don't mind if my partner can't. I like bears, gollies (very much so) and heck just about anything. In other words 'whatever'. I can't see anyone on here having any problems, its all part of the fun. Bring it on!

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Welcome Mel!  bear_laugh Jenn

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

Just a hint to Susan. Since there are so many of us taking part in this swap - would it be an idea to arrange the swaps between continents. I for one would like to have a 'foreign' bear since I already have many 'domestic' bears.
What are the group thoughts on this?

Marion

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I am up for anything just tell me where to send the bear, when to have it done, what material, what size and I will do it!!! bear_original Maybe when we pick partners and then decide when they should be done... I know people cant do by christmas... maybe partner people who can?  I am not trying to step on toes or make anyone made or upset just suggestions bear_original

kraftyladies Beary Lovely ... Bears by Susan
Florida

wow 5 pages already!!  when we choose partners, if you have a preference like Marion said, you can be matched up with someone that wants to do the same.  I know some people perfer to send abroad, but some might not. 

Once we have everyone join as of the 1st, I will make a list and send it out here to make sure I haven't left anyone out.  Then all of you let me know where you will send, if you have any preferences, etc....   :dance:

We were talking about angel  bears, and I think that too will need to be left up to swap partners if that's what they want to make.  Don't want to limit the swap, some people might not like angel bears like some of us hate CLOWNS  :|

And if you can do an earlier swap by Christmas, if you want to be matched up with someone that can also, we can do it that way too....   :D

Is all that still sounding OK?

I am excited, this will sooo much fun!

:hug:  Susan

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

OK OK OK .... sounds like you have all the bases covered. This will be fun fun fun.

:clap:

Marion

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

This will be fun!!!!!!!
Thanks for doing all the work Susan,
Heather

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

OK, I admit I haven't caught up on the whole thread.....5 pages! Eek!  :redface:

But I'd love to join in, and maybe swap a mini bear? I'm happy to send abroad & will go along with any chosen theme  bear_tongue .

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Susan, you have done a great job balancing all this.....congratualtions.

:hug:

bear_tongue

kraftyladies Beary Lovely ... Bears by Susan
Florida

Dilu,

Don't thank me yet, I might have it all messed up!  :redface: :redface:

But I will try my "beary" best to get it all going.....  :D

Oh and welcome Mel, I love your bear, those feet are AWESOME!!

:hug: Susan

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Susan, thank you very much for arranging this swap !! I am so exited that many bear & golly artist joined♪
Just one thing...I'm sorry, I'm not so crazy about angel bear. I don't mind creating angel bear for my partner if she/he wish for it ..  bear_original   sorry that
I said I don't mind any type of bear,golly but I guess I was wrong....
I hope I'm not giving you ladies a
headache.... I love you all.  :hug:

Hugs/Marie

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Please be careful not to complicate it.  I would love to participate because I would be greatly honoured to own anyone of the creatures all of you wonderful artists make. No matter where in the world it is to go ,I would feel priviledged to think that my wee creation is in outer mongolia (hopefully) being admired.
I would also consider myself priviledged whether the creation be 1 inch 10 inch or a hundred. My bears are one of originals. At the moment they are around 61/2inch -81/2inch, they are needle felted on mohair. Most with armatures. This is what I will be giving my swapsy buddy. I would just hope it will be cherished because I put alot of myself into my wee babies. As I know you all do. That is why we all want to do this.

It would be a great way to start the New Year, dont you think?  That then would give everyone a chance to work leisurely on their wee creation.  :hug: Matilda

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I think that only rule should be the deadline for entry and everything else should be up to you and your swap buddy as far as likes and dislikes and deadline... bear_original sound good??  maybe that will cut down on confusion bear_original

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

K I S S ... Keep It Simple Silly!  :lol:

I think that's what we're leaning towards here. Maybe even WHERE our buddy is should be left up to the magic in the hat and Susan's mom's hands when she draws names. Less work for everyone that way too. We can then work out the details of kind of critter we'll exchange with our buddy.

I also encourage those of you who have a favorite artist who's bear you'd just love to have to contact them directly about swapping bears. I've gotten some of my most cherrished bears from artists I've admired a long time by doing this.

Do I get the prize for longest run-on sentances? Whew!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

There are so many bears I would love to have but I seriously doubt that someone who sells a bear for $300.00 at least would swap a bear with me LOL bear_original  Ok, who wants to swap??

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Kim, Well, I'm sure you would use your discretion. I certainly wouldn't even dream of suggesting this to some artists out there. Some of those who sell their bears for that much are usually in it as a business and count on their profits anyway so are less apt to participate in a swap. I said SOME... not ALL!  bear_laugh

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I wouldnt let someone trade me a bear that would normally go for $400 for one of mine... bear_original

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

It ,may be best to not count me in on this swap. I am having too many medical problems right now.

I sure do hope all of you will post a photo of your recieved swap after you get it...don't want to spoil

the surprise , thats part of the fun....Winney

Pages:

Board footer