Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Pages:
kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Hope you feel better Winney.....

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Winney(Loretta) ,I am sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I hope you feel better soon and I too would love to see all the swaps when they come about.

Hugs,Shari.

kraftyladies Beary Lovely ... Bears by Susan
Florida

Whew! 

Is there anyone that is participating in the swap that does NOT want to send abroad?

If there isn't, then the only thing I will do is have Mom draw names, and I will send out the partners to everyone.  You then can decide everything else between your partners.

Except we do need a date set as when to send out your swap.

Definitely want to keep it simple. 
I like simple!   :dance: :dance: :dance:

If everyone wants, I can keep up with when everyone sends and everything, but I don't think we have to worry about anyone not holding up their end on this.  Right?  :teddybear:

But I think it should be required to post a pic of your swap bear on here for everyone to see!!!!!   :D

Susan

Florida

Ok, I have started a list so far, please let me know if I have missed anyone.....

Daphne
Dilu
Gina
Kim
Penny
Clare
Marie
Marion
Mandie
Shantell
Jenn
Sabine
Ellen
Terrie
Matilda
Amanda
Heather
Helena
Susan

And I am not sure about Hayley? and Shari?

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

I would love to have participated Susan, but I'll have to take a raincheck this time. I am drowning in stuff I have to get done in the next few months and already wishing cloning was legal!
I am at the wrong end of making eight satin dresses for my daughters end of year ballet concert,which squeezed in around everthing else should take me through 'til about mid November.

Also I have been given the opportunity to submit a project for Australian Bear Creations magazine for next year as well as a craft magazine and both designs need to be ready between Jan and March.  A bear shop in our nearest capital city has also asked if I would like to offer bears for sale at her annual Christmas sale on December 8th and thereafter on commission, which is great...all I need now is more hours in the day. Wish you could buy those on ebay! :lol:
I do everything so slow due to time restraints that I can't commit to anything that doesn't HAVE to be done at the moment.
I am envious of those participating though and am so happy that you are all tackling this with such great attitudes!
And I'm with you in that I think it should be compulsory for people to post pics of their swaps at the end......'cos we wanna see! bear_laugh

Florida

Hayley,

8 Satin dresses?  I feel for you!  Satin and I do not get along!!  But I bet the dresses and all the little girls wearing them will be soooo CUTE! Maybe you can join in on another swap sometime, hopefully this one will go well and we can do more.  I was going to be in a bear show in November, the 1st in a long time, but school has kept me way too busy to be able have enough bears for a table, but i do have time to do one for a swap, and hopefully be able to work on some more of my bear designs.  I have been designing my own bears since 2000, but only work on them here and there.  Just a hobby, but really wish it could be more than that.  One day, maybe.

it is nice to be able to chat some with you all on here.  Since quitting my job and just going to school full time, I don't get to talk to my friends very much.  And now to be able to talk to Teddy Bear people is just great!!   :dance:

This place is very addicting, I must admit!  :teddybear:

Susan

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Satin is revolting stuff to sew with...yes! It slips and slides all over the place and every time I finally have the bits lined up, a sharp bit of skin near my nail grabs it and I have to line it up all over again! :twisted:
When I said yes to making them, I was picturing eight dresses, all the same colour, and serging them through the overlocker like lightening. Nah...they are all different colours,and have a 5/8inch seam allowance (I'm a stretch sewer and bear maker...I never do more than 1/4 inch seams on anything!!!) so I've had to go real slow. It's only taken me nearly five hours to sew one! I can't help but think how much of a bear I could have put together in that time...but heck, your kids are only young once aren't they. There's something to be said for having all boys though!

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Sorry,I'm swamped with school,my job at the store,kids,house etc. Not feeling very well either  and am having a heck of a time getting any bears done at all. I can't wait to see all your swaps though and hope to join in if you all decide to do it again.

Hugs,Shari.

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Susan, thank you for updating new list and please
tell Hi & thank you to your Mama for helping this swap drawing.  :clap:

Winney..I'm so sorry that your are not feeling well. I hope
you will be ok soon....  :hug:

For everyone else who can/not join this swap,
let's hope we will do this again next year ! :pray:   :teddybear:
Hugs/Marie

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Thankyou Susan for including me. I feel very privilidged. This is my first step into the professional international world of bears. I am so excited. I wont let my bear buddy down. :thumbsup:
I'm already working on professional tushtags for my bear. Something really special. :)

Winney ,I hope you feel better real soon. bear_flower        Matilda

Florida

matilda you are very welcome, and i know you won't let your bear buddy down, I am sure everyone will love whatever they get from their partners.  Everyone's bears are wonderful!!

clare14 Country Bears
England

Winney, I've missed you, I really hope you are feeling better soon.

Take Care xx

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Matilda, I would love a bear from you and like you I would be honoured to have anyone's bear.:love:

Regarding time, I thought the original suggestion was February? I was just thinking that with Xmas mail volumes we may have to finish our bear in November if we want to make sure it arrives in time for Xmas. I am not sure I could make a bear that soon. My Xmas vacation would be ideal to be sewing.

:hug:

Sabine bear_smile

Donna A Brandon Bears
Fort Worth Texas

Hi, I'm new to Teddy Talk. Just been lurking when the talk about swaps came up.
Can I join ? can I can I  huh ? have the details been worked out ?
Donna A.

Florida

Hi sabine,

There are some that want to do for Christmas and others that do not.  Don't worry, you won't have to have your sdone before Christmas  bear_laugh  You and your partner can work out a time frame that is best for both of you.  I have finals the first two weeks in December, so I know I won't be able to post out by Christmas, so you aren't alone!

And Donna, you are not too late, I have added your name.  Welcome to the swap!!   :dance:

Susan

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Donna A from Ft. Worth!!!  Big welcome to Teddy Talk, fellow Texan!!  So glad you finally spoke up here and your panda avatar is really great!  Post more often so we can get to know you.  I'm from Double Oak . . . up near Lewisville and Flower Mound!

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Donna A, Big welcome to TT !!  :hug:
The panda bear in your avatar is so cute !!
I love panda bear !  :love:

Hugs/Marie

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Hi Yall that are new..we love getting more and more teddy makers and bears to fuzzy hug with...

Clare, thanks for thinking of me...and anyone else..yes, Winney here has been sick a lot this year   :/...its a bummer for not making bears hardly this whole last year...but I had fun anyway ...being able to be active here, share ideas and love thos pictures and discussions
. It means LOT having friends like you all...I have COPD real bad sometimes, it comes with lung infections and sure knocked me on my bootie this year but I am still kicking !!!  Just cant wait to get well enough for this next year...wait til you see the bears I have got dancing around in my head...LOL....Winney

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

So sorry you've been under the weather this year, Winney.  I'm always glad to see a post from you, but will be expecting photos of those bears in your head soon!  Take care of yourself!  :hug:  :hug:

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Hi Donna,  Welcome!  Jenn

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Gidday Donna, Welcome , Welcome ,Welcome. :hug:

Sabine! you are such a sweety. It 's so exciting isnt it ? OOOoooo I cant wait!!! :dance:

I suggest tha t the new year be our delivery time. It would be a nice way to start 2006!! :teddybear:

Matilda

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:hug: Winney  :hug:

So sorry to hear that you've been having such a rotten time!  bear_sad I hope the worst is over, and you'll be feeling much better soon. We miss you!

Eileen

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Well, ladies, I've been to the hand surgeon today as my recovery from tendon release surgery is not going as expected. I've been told to stop sewing. Not forever but for 2-4 weeks to start with. YEAH RIGHT!  :twisted: If things improve I can do a few hours a couple of times a week and slowly increase. Let me tell you, as bears are my 'occupation' and I'm getting orders in from my ad in TB&F and have shops I've promissed bears to, etc. I'm not happy.

Needless to say, participating in the swap is totally out of the question at this point. I'm not taking on any more than I HAVE to now. Perhaps the next time around.....

I too will look forward to seeing all the pictures and hearing all about it from you all!

Hugs, Daphne

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

That is too bad Daphne! I am really sorry to hear that your hand is not healing as expected. Take care of yourself, you don't want to damage it further. Is there anyone that you can get to help you with your orders?

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Daphne, so sorry to hear you've had a little set back.  You do whatever it is that you need to take care of you...did I say you enough?   :doh:

:hug:

Pages:

Board footer