Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Pages:
yosemitebearworks Oakhurst, CA
Website

Dilu,

Your package just arrived -- and the bear pin is just too cute!!!  He's such a sweet little guy, and the doily makes a great frame for him.  And the photos of your Gollys are a scream, Santa Golly, what fun! If you haven't thought of selling these little guys - you should.  If you don't want to do shows, I may have some other thoughts on what you could do.  In any event, you are so kind to send it to me.  Too bad you are so far away or I'd give you a big hug!

How do you like your Igloo house?  With all the pine trees around you - you must get quite a bit of snow in winter.

Thanks a bunch!! (The exclamation-point key on my keyboard is wearing down after this email -- but I needed every one):lol::lol::lol:

Donna

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Donna,

You are more than welcome...

I love the igloo house, utilities are practically nothing because it is so energy efficient.  And at less than 1000 feet it is easy to clean.  My sewing rom needs help,though, not enough shelving etc.  But I'm working on that.

The weather is actually quite similar to Oakhurst...but because were farther north the snow comes down at lower elevations.  We get 65" of rain but summers are just as hot.  One neat thing, we get summer breezes from Crescent City which is on the coast. 

Hope all goes well....

Dilu

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Dilu,

Do you live close to Hwy 199?  We go up that way once in a while on our way to Grants Pass where my folks live, or Portland where hubby's family is.  We would love to meet you at a local cafe, if there is one, and talk teddies.  I forget which town you said you were in, but I think I remember you saying it was in the Illinois Valley.

Laure-  What fun!  I would love to meet you too.  And Maybe we could get Winney too- she's about an hour away.  I am in O'Brien- so if you are taking Redwood Hwy- (199) O'Brien is the first "town" you go through on the way to Grants Pass.  (Actually the first REAL town would be Cave Junction)  O'Brien is that speck of dust on the road that has a gas station and minimart.  Hmmmmm

Perhaps, while driving by you saw a really HUGE fly on the roof of some buildings?  That's O'Brien.  The fly designates the bathrooms at the gas station.  The key to bathrooms are kept on a fly swatter.....what can I say, kind of kitschy, O Brien is.

Cave Junction- 8 miles north, does have cafes etc.  O Brien has hmmm the FLY and a bar. 
Let me know when you are coming- my schedule is completely self determined.

That's fancy speak for saying I'm not working outside the home right now.

Hey Winney- what do you say-want a meet for a teddy forum?

Dilu

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Oh yes, I'd love to!... but right now I am sick with that ickey virus that's going around. I have COPD level 4 and chronic bronchitus already so it hit me very hard. I think it darn near almost did me in..... for a few times I had some severe episodes.... I am on antibiotics and streroids . .... It would be really fun to get together with you gals, just what I need...depends on how soon I will get well, if not then there is always tomorrow....Spring is in the air so traveling around here is beautiful....Winney

Oh NO Winney!

As a nurse AND a mild COPDer myself I can  relate to what you are going through.  This is terrible.  You have to take care of yourself.

And don't forget to drink plenty of water...it helps thin the mucous in the lungs so that your coughing can move it out more easily....oopps,
forgive me, habit of many years standing, or sitting, I am forever telling people why our bodies need more water.  My friend said she was having it engraved on my tombstone- "Did you drink your water", or "she forgot to drink her water", (that's why shes.... well you know.)

If Laure's mom and dad live in Grants Pass I am pretty sure she will coming through here several times a year and not necessarily this month-so we can still get together when you feel better.  Which I will hope and pray will be soon...cuz you still have quite a few bears you have to make.  Right?

Get better soon

Dilu

White City, Oregon

Yes, do I ever have bears to make., wish I could get back to it. All this stuff keeps happening to me stalling off getting my web site up and everything...boo, hoo....

Oh I don't mind you telling me about that health issue, I wish someone would have warned  me and educated me
what to expect and do in case of an emergency with this COPD. I just learned I have it  last Jan. I think .
I drink lots of water but I really got into trouble 2 days ago.... Dilu could you please e-mail me , I really need to ask some questions about it, maybe you can help me ?.....Winney

Hi Winney
I pushed the self destruct button and lost the letter I had started.  Darn.

Here's my e-mail     ecdslundgren@cavenet.com

I will try to answer your questions, if I can't I'll say so- and urge you to folllow up with your doctor

Also try googeling COPD Denver  and see if you can get the website for the Asthma and Allergy web site out ofDenver University.  They are the biggest institution dedicated to COPD, and they know everything.  The have a newletter they send out as well.

There is so much to tell you, but  have to go.......send me your e-mail and I'll contine,

Hoping you feel better

Diane

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Hoo Boy!!  That self-destruct button'll getcha!! (just got me!!!)

I was telling Winney and Dilu that I sent up a prayer for both of them, since they both have the same health condition, tho Winney's is more urgent at the moment.  Hope you're feeling all fine soon. 

I have teddy plans to go north in late Sept. for Lincoln City show, but was just asking hubby, Werner, if we might be going up any sooner for any reason.  He reminded me that Deer Island School, where both he and his mom attended eons ago, is having it's 100th anniversary reunion this year.  I asked if he wanted to stop in Cave Junction (niether one of us is fond of flies or bars) for a visit with teddy friends, and he said he'd like it. 

I'm thinking this could be the start of something big...The Northern CA/ Southern OR Teddy Bear Confab...First General Meeting. bear_laugh

White City, Oregon

Oh Laura , that is an exciting idea ! I have wished for a teddy group around here for a long time...gotta have some teddy buddies to hang out wit...this board and the other one has been very wonderful for ted friends ...such a support group ..isn't it great to have others to bounce off of and get inspired with ?

I sure appreciate your prayers,,,I have been in realllly in trouble of late  with this COPD...Dilu wrote me and that has really helped me alot....now, I don't feel so all alone...got all you guys...

I plan on going to the Lincoln show as I do every year and its our fun time at the coast too...but that's later in the year. What's as close as a soul mate ?...why, its a bear soul friend...... Hugs to you all, ....Winney

oh! oh! oh!The Lincoln show would be my first bear show ever ever ever!  We have made plans to try and go-My honey ( I alway call my husband my honey, don't know why......maybe I'll try slipping in a hunnybear and see what happens) could really care less about bears-but because he loves me is willing to put up with almost anything.  I married late in life and he was the perennial batchlor but somehow its worked.

I will so enjoy meeting you both.  I love that we could have a chapter in our area for teddies-what could we call ourselves? 

Titillating Teddy Temptresses?

I like aliteration.  :rolleyes:

OK Guys, come up with something....

Hey Winney- drink your water! LOL-  It's 1:30- AM and I am up for who knows what reason....

I guess this is one of the blessings and not so blessings of menopause; you wake up at odd hours, but if you are old enough you don't have to worry because the alarm isn't going off and you aren't going to work.

Silly Dilly

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

I dunno... "Tillating Teddy Temptresses" sounds more like a personal romance ad to me than a teddy bear club (You weren't thinking of meeting in the O'Brien bar were you?) bear_grin ...How 'bout Antediluvian Arctophilic Afficianados?? bear_tongue

White City, Oregon

He, he...that's different too..... this is such a great idea having a " honey bear meeting" for our area. I have asked around here for several years and there's nothing, it's all up north or way south of us. OK, you gals pick a place and we will all see if we can converge at once..Yippie !!!! ....Winney

Laure- you found our name!  We can just say, " I'm going to call Triple A"

Well name the time and place- any other plans will go by the wayside.....

Dilu

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

The Deer Island reunion is Sat., June 25.  We might be wise to go up on Friday and spend the night in Portland with Werner's brother.  I Don't know Cave Junction at all.  Is there a reasonable meeting place right on the highway?  What's it, about 2 & a half hrs from Eureka?

White City, Oregon

Idon't know what's in Cave Junction...will have to look it up and see, get back to you here... Winney

White City, Oregon

OK,,I found  the town of Cave Junction on the map. Looks OK to me and is close to us all ... I tried to find a place like a restraunt ? I found only one LOL,,you gals will have to take over here because you know the area better than I do...anywhere would be fine with me as long as we can be comfortable and chat and it has a bathroom ..LOL.Winney

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Winney, Dilu,

Does either of you have a phone book that includes Cave Junction?  If so, maybe the restaurants are listed in the Yellow Pages.

I have ...the phone book- and most everyone I know lives there, I'll find someplace with a good bathroom and hopefullly good food and accepting of crazt people talking bears.

Oh I hope both of y0u bring a a bear or two too- Here we go =Teddy bears on Parade....

Dilu

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Sounds like great fun.  Thanks, Dilu, for finding a place for us.  I will bring something for show & tell.  I'm sure I'll at least have a project with me to work on during our trip, as I am getting ready for Kansas City, ABC show in July.

I'm turning green with envy, well not really, but I am happy you get to go.  I would love to go to lots and lots of shows, but  I know I couldn't physically handle it.  You'll have to share info.

Dilu

White City, Oregon

Oh Goodie...I looked in the phone book, nothing for Cave Junction. Good Dilu that you can pick a place.
Do any of you have a friend to bring that is interested in teddies ? I have one friend I am teaching I can invite her if she wants to or can come....
I think I will need a plug to plug my COPD thing into...for a treatment, got any ideas ?

Hmmm...... What should I bring for Show & Tell? Gotta think this over , I have so many works in progress...yikes!
I better get to work on the bears...yeahhh ! Oh this is gonna be great fun for  us....Winney

HOW ARE THE TRIPLE A GALS?

I mentioned to the gal who shared a bear pattern with me and the rest is history...I mentioned about you two and the other gals on here, and the teaching and sharing.  Then I mentioned that there would be a get-to-gether and she jumped in "I absolutely want to, you have to let me come, I want to meet these people, "

I had to laugh, cuz she never gave me a chance to ask her-Well I suspect this will be fine with you two cuz you guys would share bears with the  bear my honey bumped into on one of his hikes in to the wilderness

He's lucky he is always seeing them.  Sometimes he see mamas with their babies- he says he is very careful....especially with the cubbies, he backs away and leaves quietly....he doesn't want mama to be nervous.

Dilu

White City, Oregon

Yeah !!! The more the merrier...more bear friends ! So now it's maybe 6 .... OK, we have Show & Tell ..can you gals come up with any more ideas of anything else to include to make this first "honey meeting "really special for us all...hey, and especially for the new bear people ?  A simple game...a grab bag surprise to pass around...a small gift or  something you wanna trade/swap for anything bear like...a free pattern....do you lijke these ideas ? Winney

Oh Winney

You always have such great ideas!

Love it!

Dilu

Pages:

Board footer