Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! This is just wonderful getting to see the non-winners - that all look like winners! These are the guys we normally never get to see and what a shame - the quality of work on them all is JUST AMAZING!!! Thanks so much everyone for posting them here for us to see! Great job done by all and you should all feel really proud of what you have created!
Thanks so much for starting this thread, Marion!

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_shocked  Ooooh!!!!  All I have to say is once more "I am SO thankful I didn't have to do the judging!!!"  These are amazing!!!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

They all look like winners to me...now there's a job I would NEVER want...how can you be expected to judge a competition like the Tobys when there are so many wonderful entries. These look fantastic too, just like the nominated entries...how would I choose...I wouldn't be able to.
Congratulations to everyone!

Hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Beautiful entries!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

I also entered 15" 'Porridge' in the large dressed bears category ... but he didn't make the final selection.

Porridgefull.jpg

puca bears puca bears

Me again.........I can't believe that all these amazing creations didn't get through - the standards in the TOBYs are incredibly high!
Certainly got me over my disappointment - I feel honoured to be part of such an illustrious group.
For those of you who entered the Golden Teddy comp - not long to wait, and VERY good luck to you all.........
I didn't enter, so will have to be patient till March (with fingers crossed) for when the Golden George nominations come out...... talk about wishing your life away!
big huggies
Maria

wazzabears Wazza Bears Australia
Bulli

golden george comp still open? who is that through?

puca bears puca bears

Peta - you missed out this time - the entries had to be in at the end of November.........
you can read all about it on www.teddybaertotal.de                  and they supply an English language version
huggies
Maria

Christine Christine Pike Bears
Norfolk, UK
Website

Hi Guys,
Not a single one of my entries was nominated this year bear_cry
Hey ho - the most important thing is that they have all found new homes with appreciative collectors.  Onwards and upwards and fingers crossed for the GTs...
Chrisx

beargardenweb.jpg
bubbaweb.jpg
leanderweb.jpg
wolfgangweb.jpg

puca bears puca bears

Ever more unbelievable, Christine - your bears are just stunning............this whole list is just awesome
huggies
Maria

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

We're in great company Christine...neither did mine!!! Was a bit crest-fallen last night....came up with all kinds of 'theories' much to my husbands chagrin..and he just said..'Jen...maybe they just didn't like your entries as much as they liked the others'....He is right sometimes!! I'll give him that! 
I have posted all these before on TT... No new looks. I  didn't make special bears this year..I just picked out the ones I liked best!!

I have entered different bears in the GT's ...but I am not holding my breath...!!!

005copy.jpg

004copy.jpg

007copy.jpg

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

I just cannot believe how superb these bears all are!!!!   bear_shocked  bear_wub
Jenny and Christine, you know I am a fan of both of your work, and I just cannot believe that none of your bears were selected!!!  I guess it comes down to the fact that they can only choose 5 in each category.  If there are 15 or 20 bears in each category where the quality and originality are 100%, then it really does come down to personal choice I guess!!!  ah well - your collectors have given you all the biggest award by voting with their wallets and adopting your creations.  I don't think their can be a bigger compliment than someone choosing to adopt your creations.
hmmm...I really must get back to me bear making now!!! bear_happy

Christine Christine Pike Bears
Norfolk, UK
Website

Wow, Jenny - I can't believe you didn't get at least a nomination!! 
There are so many wonderful bears in the 'Non-Winners Enclosure', I guess it shows what a tough job the judges must have had... trying not to feel down about it as I have plenty of ideas for new bears and I am definitely NOT going to let this put a crimp in my day. 
Big hugs to everyone :hug:
Chrisx

bearkidz bearkidz by Marion Fraile
charlotte
Website

My bears are crocheted and I can only enter in the non-traditional category. I don't think I can crochet any better bears than these two. Made me think I simply shouldn't enter next year since it can't get any better.

But now I feel so much better after seeing all the incredible entries that didn't make it either. I also was trying to find something "wrong" about my 2 bears which I loved the most of all my bears ever made.

Well, living in Florida of course I visited the IDEX and got myself an award: bear_original  I bought my first BJD doll at the IDEX bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

bear_original  bear_original  bear_original

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

WOW , I can't believe these creations didn't made the cut either.  It must be so difficult for the judges.  Each of these entries shows amazing work that is so worthy of winning.   

Here are the 2 that I entered with no luck   bear_sad   
I found this quote that made me feel better about not being chosen.

"But there is suffering in life, and there are defeats. No one can avoid them. But it's better to lose some of the battles in the struggles for your dreams than to be defeated without ever knowing what you're fighting for."

kadesideLite-WEB.jpg
Buckaroo-Small.jpg

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Man! It would be so hard to be a judge!!!!! These are all amazing.  When I look at tthe thread with the winners, I can see why they were nominated for sure! Wonderful bears and animals every one! There are some awesome bears here too, though, so I'd hate to have to pick!

I entered too. I always do, but usually only one bear. I actually got nominated once, and won, so I keep trying!

Here is Sterling, my entry this year. His new mom, Connie B, says he's the best bear I've ever made so, he's not to concerned about awards-he has a very happy home! bear_happy
IMG_5101_crop.jpg

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Connie B is a very lucky lady Tami!  He's a beaut!!!

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I have to agree with what's already been said...anyone of these beautiful works of art deserves a nod...they are all stunning.

:clap:   :hug:   :clap:   :hug:   :clap:   :hug:

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

The quality of these Toby entries is just astounding - I think this year must have had some of the best entries EVER for these ones in this list not to  have made the nominations. I sure wouldn't have wanted to try to judge this contest - talk about a difficult job!

Mikki Mikki, Cripple Creek Creative
Bethel, Ohio
Tami E wrote:

Man! It would be so hard to be a judge!!!!! These are all amazing.  When I look at tthe thread with the winners, I can see why they were nominated for sure! Wonderful bears and animals every one! There are some awesome bears here too, though, so I'd hate to have to pick!

I entered too. I always do, but usually only one bear. I actually got nominated once, and won, so I keep trying!

Here is Sterling, my entry this year. His new mom, Connie B, says he's the best bear I've ever made so, he's not to concerned about awards-he has a very happy home! bear_happy
http://www.teddy-talk.com/upload5/IMG_5101_crop.jpg

Tammy, The "New "mom is right...awesome bear. Great expression...love his feet.Mikki

Bethel, Ohio

These entree are truely awesome...Judges must have had a terrible time...Mikki

Bethel, Ohio
jenny wrote:

We're in great company Christine...neither did mine!!! Was a bit crest-fallen last night....came up with all kinds of 'theories' much to my husbands chagrin..and he just said..'Jen...maybe they just didn't like your entries as much as they liked the others'....He is right sometimes!! I'll give him that! 
I have posted all these before on TT... No new looks. I  didn't make special bears this year..I just picked out the ones I liked best!!

I have entered different bears in the GT's ...but I am not holding my breath...!!!

http://www.teddy-talk.com/upload5/005copy.jpg

http://www.teddy-talk.com/upload5/004copy.jpg

http://www.teddy-talk.com/upload5/007copy.jpg

Jenny,
I absolutely love your work. it continues to astound me......... incredible style,expressions, fabrics...the best.Mikki

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_shocked   I would have been completely useless as a judge!!  All of these and the winners all look fantastic!!!  I would have had to have been blindfolded, done einie, meenie, miney, mo....and then not be told which ones I'd picked out.   bear_rolleyes

Rainebears Rainebears
Wellington, New Zealand

I-ve-got-mail.jpgWhitford.jpg:clap:  :clap: All of the entries are just amazing :clap:  :clap:

These are my two that didn't make it.

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

I think you are all winners for having the courage to enter in the first place  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower
I am in awe of you all.  I never ever would want the job of picking winners in a bear competition.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

All these critters are absolutely outstanding.  Good for those of you who are a bit disappointed, but aren't letting it define you or your work. It shouldn't.  Your work speaks for itself!  So pretty.

bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Board footer