Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

White Forest White Forest Bears
Southern California

I have full blown conversations with my cats.  I really do.  Then Jack will hear me and say "Cut it out! You're doing it again!". lol  bear_shocked

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Yeah, I have a lovely Zombie facial expression when I do anything artistic- slack mouth, twitching eyebrows, blank stare, the lot (very attractive).  My fried Chris takes the mick but i can't sew without it!  Lol, I also sometimes dictate what I'm doing and explain it to an invisible audience- I like to thik it cements in my mind hwy I do certain things, but it's probably just another healthy dose of "Bear Makers Crazy"  :crackup:

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton
DENBY30 wrote:

:crackup:  :crackup: I also tend to sit on the edge of my seat when sewing or working on a bear.

Me too! For me it comes from being a former cellist...my teacher would come & whack you on the rear end with a violin bow if you weren't perched on the edge of your seat. Pretty dangerous in an office chair with wheels! bear_whistle
I also hold my breath when I sew or read. I'm not really aware of it until all of a sudden my DH will shout out "WOULD YOU BREATHE ALREADY!"

Cheryl  bear_flower

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I have 'sewing movies'. I don't 'watch' them I listen to them. For some reason they help get into the 'zone' and I find I concentrate better and the bear making process becomes more creative and artistic. Odd I know. I do have my favourites that I will play over and over again. But NEVER on the same day. I'm not that weird :redface:
At the moment it is 'ALLO ALLO' and 'Curse of the Were- rabbit'. I know all the dialogue by heart  bear_grin
I have just recently ordered the 'Hamish Macbeth' series. So it will be interesting what gets created while listening to them. bear_wacko
Wendy

Annnik JustMerde
Bells & Sherman, Texas
Website

Wendy, ME TOO!!

I have "bear-making" movies!  I have a tendancy to start a bear and not stop until I fall asleep or finish, so watch movies helps me along.  :)

Also, one of my girls pointed out the other day, while vaccuming me (yes, ME) that I tend to wear (subconsciously) the same BLACK sweat pants everytime I cut out and trim a messy fur/mohair!!  EVERYTIME!!  And I always tell myself not to wear them next time I'm cutting...

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website
PeachtreeCottage wrote:

I don't know if I make a face or anything like that but I do have long hair and I keep it wound up on my head to keep stray strands from getting mixed up in the bear.  The thing is, I don't really have a way to keep it wound up on my head....so what I find myself doing (without thinking about it) is using one of my crochet hooks (handle end) like an oriental hair stick to keep the hair wound up and out of the way.  Then later I'll be searching and searching for the crochet hook and wondering where the H*LL I put it!  LOL

/bearhugs,

hahahaha, I do the exact same thing with my pens or pencils.. I don't even know I've done it till I can't find my pen.. heehee.

Hugs!
Melanie

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

I have sewing movies too.. ones I've seen probably 20 times.. that way I'm not so compelled to watch them.. then just listen to them. Never fails if I put a newer movie on I will sit and stare at it and not sew at all! lol.

Hugs,
Melanie

Board footer