Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Carolynn Teenytinyteddybears

Hi all

Been reading all your posts for ages, you are the most talented and kind group of people I have ever found. I make little bears and love it. Moved to the Philippines from South Africa in January. My bears and bear making "stuff" was the first thing in my suitcase. Clothes, toiletries etc had to just fit in or stay behind. Because I really don't have too much sense of purpose at the moment thought I would set up  a web site. Read all the info on Yahoo and settled on "publisher". I am very proud of my site,,,,, just can't get it online. It seems that the Home page keeps dissapearing. Now I read more info and it seems it is not the perfect solution at all. I really dont mean to slur on anyone's product. But has anyone had the same experience? If so please help!!!! I really don't feel like starting all over again. And does anyone know anyone who is living in the Philippines? Desperate for "craft" conversation.

Carolynn

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Welcome to Teddy Talk as a registered member, Carolynn - we love having our lurkers take the next step and join our family!  Unfortunately, I'm illiterate as far as creating web sites, but there are many here who can probably steer you in the right direction.  Good luck and, again, welcome!

shuzlebears England

Hi Carolyn,
Welcome to TT.
Someone here may be able to help you, not me though sorry.....I haven't even started with a website yet.....yikes I better get with the times!!

:hug: Shirley x

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

Hi Carolynn, welcome to TT

I don't know anything about the package you used but alot of us here use freewebs, I built my initial pages in about 6 hours, believe me I am not that computor savvy, it is, as it says on the tin "free" here's a link

www.freewebs.com

Hope this helps bear_grin

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Carolynn, welcome to Teddy Talk. You sound a very dedicated bear maker.

My bears and bear making "stuff" was the first thing in my suitcase. Clothes, toiletries etc had to just fit in or stay behind.

I know just how you feel, I would make sure I had all my bear making goodies too.  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Carolynn I have posted your request in the General section of the forum as I think most people will notice it quicker there. I did request that they answer your question here in the New Members section, but you may wish to check out both areas of the forum. I am sure that someone here will have all the answers that you need. I hope you get your website up and running really soon so that we can all see your little bears. Keep chatting as there is always someone here for you to chat bears with or anything else you want to share. I look forwards to getting to know you soon.

Hugs, Jane.

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Hi Carolyn and a big warm Aussie welcome to Teddy Talk.  I loved your story about your bear gear taking priority over everything else - I think you are really addicted and will fit in very well with us!  I am sorry that I don't know about the website you are using, do they have an enquiry line or help page at all.  I also used Freewebs when I first started a website, and found it terrific, and never had any problems with it.  It is free for basic use or you can upgrade gradually if you want to.  If you keep having trouble, you may like to give it a try.

I don't know anyone else living in the Philippines, but you are more than welcome to come and chat as much as you like here on TT.  With all the members around the world, there is always someone on board.  Hope someone else is able to answer your question about "publisher".

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

Welcome Carolynn  :hug: ....do pop into TT...it doesn't matter a bit that we're all many miles apart! I also use the freewebs and it was very straight forward to set up....it takes you through every step....it did take me several hours but I'm not that competent on the computer!  bear_wacko
welcome hugs Lynne  :hug:

am_bears AM BEARS
Derbyshire

Hiya Carolynn
Welcome in bear_original  It is nice to talk about crafts, bears, needlefelting with someone else and thankfully with the internet, it doesn't matter where they are!  Freewebs is a good site to get onto for web building, even I can work it and I'm utterly inept with anything computer wise.  It takes me all of my time to work out what to do with a plug! :redface:

Andrea :hug:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

A warm welcome to you Carolynn bear_flower
Sorry that you have experienced trouble with setting up your web-site and I wish you much luck.
It is all above me, -  how to build a web-site.

Enjoy your time here.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

Welcome from me too, Carolynn!  Have fun here!   bear_original

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Well lookee here,

'bout time CArolyn, we can't play if you hide all the time!  Welcome!  So glad you are joing us.....Try reposting your question on the general board and I'm betting you will get lots of suggestions.  We have many very computer savy folks here.

Looking foraward to seeing your work.  And I think you had your priorities just right, bear stuff in first would have been my druthers too, only it would have been doll stuff, clothing you can get any where, right?

gollyhugs
dilu

shuzlebears England

Hi Carolynn,
Welcome to TT, love your little bear in your avatar and looking forward to seeing more!

Hugs, Shirley x

Board footer