Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

I love looking through all the pandas they are all lovely.
Edie I really love your new style panda and the colours-she is gorgeous and my favourite of all your bears bear_wub
These challenges can be so good for pushing your boundaries and giving you the excuse to try new things that you otherwise never get around to.That is how I got hooked on making minis in the first place bear_grin
I haven't started my panda yet-I am attending a bear fair in a few weeks and hope to get some supplies and then will make a start on mine :dance:
Laurie :hug:

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Wow everyone's panda's look fantastic  bear_wub  Well done everyone  :clap:  :clap:

Hugs  :hug:
Vicki x

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Paula, when you first set this challenge in early July I had already palnned to design a panda for Hugglets, once again you got me going and I finished this guy a short while ago. I didn't get to post a picture of him till now owing to all the pain I've been having. Beijing, who is named after the location of the olympics, will be off to Hugglets with me as will Tai-pei, another panda which I have just finished this evening. Tai-pei is yet to be photographed but I will add him soon.

BeijingPanda.jpg

Hugs, Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

So pleased you managed to get your panda done Jane, he's a credit to you!  What a handsome fella!  Love the foot detailing and he looks soooooooo alive!!!!!  Great topical theme too!  Well done you! :clap:

I hope you're feeling more comfortable now Jane x  :hug:

bearbottombears Bear Bottom Heirloom Bears
Nova Scotia Canada

Wei-Ti-head.jpgWei-Ti-small.jpgAuthor: bearbottombears

Hi Paula
I just looooove all the great Panda's.  I finally got mine finished.  I spent a couple of daysat the drawing board, I tried a new inset eye. Trouble is, it's hard to see in the pictures.  But Wei Ti has real eyelids! , after the pattern and experimenting with they eyes, I spent a day in the kitchen dying the fabric...or is that dyeing...Then the cutting sewing, camera, and voila.. I'm hooked... looove pandas. Here's my pictures. Wei Ti  is my very first Teddy Talk challenge. I'm so new at this, (posting, not bearmaking) hope you like him. Gail

Kent
Website

I think he's beautiful Gail!  He has a lovely chubby panda face with a cute short muzzle which gives him a very wise expression and his colour is gorgeous!  Inset eyes are so fiddly and the little eyelids work really well with his eye patches.  A great first challenge!  I'm so pleased you enjoyed it!!! :clap:

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Bamboo-2.JPGBamboo-1.JPGHi Everyone
Have really enjoyed seeing all of the wonderful pandas so far. Here is my little guy. His name is Bamboo and he is 8" in height. He is made from a red with black tips matted mohair and a plain black mohair. His eye patches have been needlefelted
Hugs
Gail

Kent
Website

What a dramatic panda Gail and has such a sweet expression too!  I love his little red bottom!!!! :clap:

Gail P Walnut Tree Corner Bears By Gail
Suffolk

What lovely pandas Gail and Gail bear_wub

Tiny Hugs

Gail
(You wait for one, then 3 come along at once!lol)

Nova Scotia Canada

Gail Gail & Gail
And all spelled the right way! Yur right ...who would have thought that three of us would pop up on the same blog all in a row, and all sooooo talented... tee hee... thanks for the compliments guys... where else can you go and have fun and get such positive feedback. I thought brown and white pandas were a stretch, but red and black, now that's imagination, and talent... bravo.
cheers
Gail

Website

Hi Gail and Gail
Most unusual to have 3 with the same name and spelling- thanks for the comments Paula and the two Gails on my panda- much appreciated!!!!
Hugs
Gail

Kent
Website

Gail, don't forget to add your lovely panda to our pandamania gallery, so he can show off with all his pals!

Website

Thanks Paula- I didn't think of doing that
Hugs
Gail :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

Hi Everyone!  :hug:  I just finished my panda for the panda challenge and his picture is in the challenge gallery ... thanks Paula for the reminders about that.  This is the first challenge that I participated in & enjoyed the fun!   Tai Shan is made from recycled mink fur, is a totally new design, and has open/close mouth & eyes.  bear_laugh

Tai Shan is also up for adoption, so please feel free to view him & comment in the Teddy Bears & Friends section.  I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of him!   bear_original

Nova Scotia Canada

Panda1.jpgOh Melisa I just love your little fur Panda. He looks so huggable. 
Everybody's work is so incredible.  I've been reading through all the many threads and I am so fired up and inspired that I just had to take back my panda and rework him. My bears are looking for places to hide..I  bear_cry bear_laugh 'm in the makeover mode.  No one is safe!  I should have checked in with you guys more often.  I joined two years ago, then got busy and forgot about all the great info and inspiration.  Just posted another one of my do-overs on the "Teddy Showcase" looking for some input.  Can't wait for the next challenge. 
Hugs Gail G

Kent
Website

Melissa, I just found your lovely panda in the gallery ... what a gorgeous piece of work!  I love how you've posed him too.  Super detailing and wonderfully realistic!

Gail, I did a double take when I saw your latest picture and scrolled back and ... my goodness!  Now he has a cute little open mouth - what a super makeover!  Did you have to take his head to pieces, or did you manage to make the mouth work without starting from scratch?

Nova Scotia Canada

Thanks Paula for your kind comments.  I very awkwardley reworked the head while it was attached.  I can't wait to do more with the head off, it will be so much easier.  I think it was just what my panda needed. 
Regards
Gail G

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Hi, everybody's pandas are gorgeous  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: .  Finally finished my two boys, it's a new design and they measure around 4 inches each,  they are both of the same pattern but I made two different arm styles, one straight and one bent (which the brown and cream one has).  They haven't got names just yet.

Paulinepandas.jpg

Kent
Website

Pauline, they are such a lovely pair!  Really endearing!  I love the expression you have captured by using the little white felt eye backings, they look as if they are pleading to be picked up for a cuddle!!!! :clap:

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

They're adorable, Pauline!!! I especially like the little brown one - he has such an appealing expression on his face.  bear_wub

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

IMG_1427.JPG This is my first challenge ever and boy was it ever a real challenge. But I finally got my Panda finished.  Anyone know the chinese word for devil? Because I had a devil of a time getting this one done.  bear_angry  I had to do everything and I mean EVERYTHING at least twice on this bear. It was like he didn't want to be made! But I was bound and determined that I would finish him and I finally did! Whew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  bear_tongue
Love everyone else's Pandas. They are all fantastic!!
Beth

Abby&Ellie Originalz Mylo, North Dakota

for_ebay_2_3.jpgHi all!
I finished my first little panda for the challenge bear_grin ...and a lot of firsts she was: bear_rolleyes
First time submitting in a challenge; first time I did pulled toes; first time I sewed in upper eye-lids; first time I hand-painted eyes.... I also gave her little turned down paws. I had a lot of fun making her. Her name is Mei-Lee. She is just 4 inches tall. And, because of this horrible addiction I have bear_wacko , I had to stick some wings on her too! Hoping to be able to finish my other cub soon...
You all have submitted such awesome creations!! Can't wait to see more! I am SOOOO in love with your panda, Tai Shan, Melisa bear_wub . He is adorable.for_ebay_7_3.jpg

Kent
Website

Lovely pandas!  Beth, so glad you persevered with your panda ... I think we all have projects which test our patience, but your end result was so well worth the trouble!

Abby (or is it Ellie?!)  my apologies for not knowing your name!  :redface:  Congratulations on mastering so many firsts in one little panda!  You've created a lovely whimsical panda and those wings are so pretty!

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Oh these pandas are beautiful!  Great job everyone. I have two custom order pandas to make soon and I will include them  in this challenge.

Kent
Website

That would be lovely Tami!  Looking forward to seeing them!

Board footer