Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Mutz Mutz's Tootsz Bears & Buds
New Berlin, Wisconsin

View1.jpgHouse1.jpgHi All,
Am adding my little house in the mix here.  It was fun to look at everyone's houses.  The are so different and enchanting, especially Dilu's!

We have a "raised" ranch which means that the garage is in the partially exposed basement.  We live on a hill and can see for approximately 30 miles around.  It is spectacular on the 4th of July because we can see up to 40 sets of fireworks from the surrounding towns. Of course some of them are only tiny little specks on the horizon.

We live on a semi rural road but are still only about 5 minutes from the nearest mall & grocery store. We have deer, hawks, racoons (grrrr), possoms, coyotes, turkeys and sometimes some heron as regular visiters in our yard.

I have attached a photo of one of my favorite view which will unfortunately be changing soon because the land was sold and a new subdivision is going in. I'm sad to see the change because we hve enjoyed that view from our frount window for over 20 years.

TTFN
Amy

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Amy, Nice house! Where you 've been?? I haven't seen you here for 2 monthes!!  bear_wub :rose:

How is your bears doing?  bear_tongue :rose:

Julia

Mutz Mutz's Tootsz Bears & Buds
New Berlin, Wisconsin

Hi Julie,
I have been here but mostly lurking.  I find I can't read ALL of Teddy Times otherwise I wouldn't have ANY teddy time.  I also had a big show in Schaumburg to get ready for. I decided to take a week off and will start making more bears after this weekend. 
TTFN
Amy

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

It's always great to see you posting, Amy.

I'm really loving seeing all these homes.  Beautiful, different, gloriously individual.  The idea that they're located all over this planet makes it all that much better.

I'm gonna go see if I can scrounge something up on my harddrive of my own house.  Do pictures of Halloween-decoarted porches count, cause that might be all I can find...?

I've been so swamped lately and have missed you all, and posting here.  It's nice to be back.  :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

2618-Passiflora-with-Noah-S.jpgOkay, here's the only pic I could find, unfortunately with the garage door open (please excuse any visible mess.)  That's my fantastically active, adorable, empathetic son, Noah, who is ten, "agra-skating" out front.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Ooo, Shelli! What a wonderful house to play in... all those nooks and crannies I'm imagining..... and all those big windows! Wow! I'm impressed! Very California looking! Love it!!  bear_thumb  bear_grin

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Neat-o, Shelli!!

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Shelli! WOW!!! :clap:
Love that green grass!! We want to see your son's face also!! I remember you were showing his some pictures for Halloween with shark teeth and some other scary stuff. Just want to see him as he is.  :love:

Amy, pleeeeeeease, share some pictures of your adorable character bears!!! :angel:
Julia.

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

What a variety of homes.....love them all. I will need to get outside and get pics. of mine. If the wind dies down and the rain doesn't start, maybe I will get out there today.
Ellen

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

House3.jpgHouse2.jpgHouse1.jpgFinally got some pics of my house.  These were taken today, so you can tell that autumn has arrived in Double Oak.  I found the little pile of leaves in the woods behind my house.  Thought they looked kinda cute all blown together!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Sue Ann, your house is gorgeous, and exactly how I pictured it.  So pretty; thanks for sharing. bear_original

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Everyone has such beautiful houses!  I live in a row home... ho hum.... It is my hubby and my starter house bear_original  I have a tiny yard, not much of a view, but nice hardwood floors, three bedrooms, dining room, basement (it is 2 floors and a basement) a garage in the back plus a parcel of land on top of the hill that we own - Maybe I will post some pics of inside... keep in mind that we still have painting/updating to do bear_original

JanetandBears Janet Ann Anderson and Bears
Breckenridge, CO
Website

Sept.-deck-.jpgHouse-from-deck.jpgHouse--from-road.jpgI just love to look at houses.  This has been so great to see everyones in differnet parts of the world.
     Here is mine up in the mountains of Colorado at 8,500 feet.  It is on a two acre lot and is a la natural with lots of wildflowers growing in the summer.  I just took the first two so the golden aspen are done.  The first photo is taken from the road looking at the side.  the second photo I took on the deck looking out toward the front and my view of a mountain across the street.   The third photo was taken in Sept out on the front deck where I work on bears. 
Janet

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Janet, you live in a wonderful house in a beautiful part of the country!!  But there is only one photo showing!  Gorgeous, gorgeous!!  Okay . . . now the other two came up - WOW - super lovely and you are the lucky one!!

Breckenridge, CO
Website

big-snow-5x7.jpgThanks Sue Ann!    Just so you don't think I am too lucky  .... here is a photo of my house (see me peaking out the door?)  a couple of years ago when we got this big snow...  8 feet!  I was not able to get out for two weeks.  But yes I feel lucky most of the time and got this house at the right time in 1989  when it was a bank repo.  I am going to try and sell it next summer for a profit as I need the money at this point in my life.  My oldest son who is a custom home builder is ging to build me a small log house .. don't know where yet.  Janet

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Oh my . . . eeeeek!  Wow, don't know if I could leave a place like that, but I'm SURE you will sell it at a profit.  Then, a little log cabin in the woods would be nice, too!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Janet, I'll be to your beautiful mountain retreat by Saturday. bear_original

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

OK, let's all meet at Janet's...... I'm SURE she won't mind!  bear_happy But I'm holding out for 8' of snow.... that would be FUN!!!!  bear_grin Wow!!!

Breckenridge, CO
Website

WOW     I better get cleaning as it looks like I am getting a lot of company.  Really Shelly are you coming Sat.?  Actually I would not mind having everyone come here ... it gets lonely and I could use some company.  I am thinking of hosting another open house like I had two years ago with a couple of other artists.  There are no bear shows in CO anymore  so it was a popular event as people like to come up to Evergreen.  Janet

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Janet,
Your house looks just like the ones in the movies!

'scuse my ignorance...but what does CO stand for? Us Aussies get a bit lost with the abbreviations.
Must jump on Worldwind again soon and see where you all are~

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Sua Ann i have been waiting for your house and it is lovely thanks for that, it is great to see all the great houses all over the world.Wow Janet your house is amazing

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

You people are lucky to be able to visit each other... I feel isolated in France. you are all so far from me!  :cry:
I wish i could afford to travel... but not before I have a job and earn enough money!

You all have great houses and I am so happy for you! when i am rich (i like dreaming about being rich), I will visit all of you!  :hug:

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

WoW!  What great houses!  Janet... I am "evergreen" with envy!  And your flowers are gorgeous!  I LOVE pansies!  What a joy to stitch among the canopy of trees!

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Janet, I'd come in a heartbeat if I could.  Alas, timing, kid responsibilities, and the old wallet situation, keep me well grounded here in Chico.  But the wishfulness of that sentiment rings very true; I do WISH I could be at your lovely home by then. It looks like the perfect place to spend a fireplace-enhanced holiday season.

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Janet your home is lovely...can I come?  I'll bring the hot toddies, hot chocolate and dozen quilts and we can all sit around listening to the trees make snapping noises from the weight of the snow...laugh, laugh...laugh...and laugh some more. 

Now that is an AAAWWWWWWWWWWW factor!!!

Board footer