Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

busserbears Busser Bears
Elkhart, Indiana

My very unfavorite day of the year...so sad.  But all my best wishes and condolences go to the survivors families, friends and to our military and their families!
Can hardly believe it's been 7 years.

Leeann Krikau
Busser Bears

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

I agree with every word you say Leeann, a very sad day for all those poor souls and all their families and friends. This world of ours should never know such cruelty. My condolences to all.

Hugs, Jane.

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Yes that was the first thing I thought of this morning! Still so fresh on my mind yet it has been 7 years  bear_sad

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

sorry for my previous mistake.
it is a very sad day and one that sticks in my mind, i can still remeber exactly where i was when i heard the news.
even though i was 3,300 miles away, i have great sympathy for the familys of those that were lost and also great admaration for so many brave people.
its a shame that something so tragic was the reason to bring so many people together.

busserbears Busser Bears
Elkhart, Indiana

Kim,
I'm probaby the only one that saw it, knew it was a boo-boo.
Yeah, I know what you're saying.  It's also 2 days before my birthday.
hugs,
Leeann

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Leeann it was on my birthday that this happened. I refused all celebrations and didn't open cards or gifts for almost a week.

Hugs, Jane.  :hug:

busserbears Busser Bears
Elkhart, Indiana

Jane,
yep, kind of messes with your mind a bit.  I know it probably sounds selfish, but it's human nature I guess.  I do have to say that 2 years ago when my husband and I spent that first 9/11 together, he wouldn't allow anything on tv to show the past events...just made sure that he switched the channel real quickly.
Happy Birthday to you Jane!!!  Hope yours was a great one!
hugs,
Leeann

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

I was such a tragic day - I will never forget it.  We were vacationing in Pennsylvania at the time and had just visited New York a month or two  earlier. I think it was so much more real to us as we had been in that area, sight seeing. I feel incredibly sad for all of the families that were destroyed by 9/11 and hope they have found the strength  to carry on. 

hugs,

Brenda

Mikki Mikki, Cripple Creek Creative
Bethel, Ohio

Leeann,
Beautifully said.........................Thank you,Mikki

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

This is a day that no-one should ever forget it happened in New York but it changed the world. It doesn't seem like 7 years , feels like yesterday. Like the saying goes life goes on, but its different. My heart weeps for all those lost souls and their families.  In Australia and New Zealand we have a saying for our heros lost in war "lest we forget".

Raewyn

danceswithteddybears Dances With Teddy Bears
Pacific Northwest

I was born and raised in NYC.  Even though I now live in Washington State, 9-11 hit me very hard, as I know it did many all over the globe.  I felt very sad yesterday, remembering that fateful day.  I will never let the memory lapse into the past.  It needs to be remembered.  I can't look at a picture of the Twin Towers without tearing up. 
Yesterday I cried, I prayed, and I remembered.  This thread means a great deal to me.  I was gladdened when I found it, though that may sound odd.  I hope you understand what I mean.  9-11 and all who perished needs to be honored and remembered, for always.
  Laura

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

All of us must deal with memories and the people connected differently, but if you allow this to become some 'horrible' date.  ...the terrorists by their own nature have won.  They will have struck terror in your heart. 

If you have lost a loved one connected with this, then please, by all means, do your grieving and mourning as you need...but the longer the terrorists succeed in having this remembered as a Terrorist Date...the longer they succeed.

danceswithteddybears Dances With Teddy Bears
Pacific Northwest

We shouldn't keep terror and fear in our hearts, I agree.
But memories, we need to keep.  The date, the heroes and the many lives lost must never be forgotten.  Including the terrorist attack.
I feel the knowledge and the memories make us, as a nation, stronger. 
They did not nor ever will succeed.
We must never forget.

Board footer