Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Thanks for asking, Deb!  :hug:

It was great! He can cook, thank goodness. He's kind and smart and funny, which is all a mother-in-law can ask!! I had a wonderful time.  :dance:

We all went to the bridal shop for fittings. Eleanor looks like an angel in her wedding gown of course  bear_wub bear_original  :cry:, and her sisters as matron of honor and bridesmaid look absolutely smashing in long bright red gowns.

bear_sad But there I was, feeling like a total hag in a room full of beautiful young girls. I only managed to try on and choose a dress after an heroic effort not to freak out over the contrast!! Anyway, I bought a long silvery sage green dress with a short jacket to camouflage my arm-wattles. I'm tempted to wear a matching bag over my head, but I'll get over it . . .

Better believe I'll be doing some crunches and push-ups between now and January . . .  bear_grin Anybody know how to get rid of extra chins?

Eileen

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

HAHAHA Eileen.  Your post made me absolutely laugh out loud.  It's sooooooooo hard to grow old gracefully; I'm struggling against it myself as I approach 40 with increasing momentum, and against the impulse to have everything surgically smoothed, on a daily basis now.  I empathize completely.

But you're far too lovely to wear a bag to a wedding.  Besides, that brown shade just doesn't go well with sage green!

bear_happy

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Congrats Eileen! What a beautiful couple! And you! A very proud Mama ans so you should be! I have a 27 year old son who I would love to see begin a serious relationship. He is a very attractive young man and a Journeyman Plumber who works so very hard!! Any Takers!!!

Many Hugs Louise

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_grin I guess I'll skip the bag, but sheesh . . .

I though I was doing better than this at the growing-old-gracefully thing!! You should have seen all those little girls arriving in the slush and mud in their clunky boots, raggedy jeans and huge parkas. Every one of them a swan in disguise. I hated them  :mad:

Eileen

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

AlCar.jpgbear_laugh Louise,

I've got a gorgeous 22-year-old daughter left over! The one on the left!!

Eileen

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Eileen, congrats to you and your family on your daughter's engagment!  How exciting!  I wish them all the happiness in the world!   bear_wub  We want to see wedding pics, of course! 

Speaking of bears on wedding cakes, we incorporated bears into our wedding last year.  There was a bear on the mantle behind the our table at the reception and on some the doors.  Our favors were cookies in the shape of a bear holding a computer (my husband is good at computer stuff).  Instead of numbers, our tables were named for different bear species for my side, like grizzly bear table (his side had computer related names).

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:dance: bear_thumb Chrissie, that is such a wonderful vision--bears and bears and more  bear_original  bear_original bear_original

If this were my wedding, I'd steal the idea.  :whistle:

Unfortunately, my daughter and almost son-in-law have all the arrangements made. Being being young and serious and overpaid, they've opted for something formal, which apparently doesn't include fur-bearing quadropeds.  bear_sad  I think I can behave myself for a few hours, sort of.

However, I know we'll love whatever they do, especially since the Hubs and I won't have to pay for any of it!!!  :dance:

Pictures? Of course!! You'll be sorry you asked, I'll post so many pictures!!  :lol:

Eileen

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Hellooo Eileen me old fruit!

Over here we call the flabby bits at the top of the arms 'Bingo Wings'  :rolleyes:

May i suggest that the happy couple have their gifts delivered midst the reception by camel? This i feel is quite classy - if camels were good enough for the 3 wise men then the happy couple cannot but oblige  :D

Also, the camels could move majestically and very carefully (thanks to their large wide feet), through the rejoicing throng, towards the top table where the happy couple are seated and do that fantastic rocky 'folding legs to sit' thingy that only camels can do with such grace and aplomb  :rolleyes:

Do you think i could become a wedding planner Eileen? Can you envision it dahling?

Penny  bear_thumb  bear_wub Queen of the 'Bingo Wings'

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin Penny, you are my Sunshine!  bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin

I love the camel idea---where did that come from again?

I know you'd make a fortune planning weddings, if you didn't get yourself done in by some touchy bridezilla first!

Eileen

Deb Upstate New York
Eileen wrote:

Unfortunately, my daughter and almost son-in-law have all the arrangements made. Being being young and serious and overpaid, they've opted for something formal, which apparently doesn't include fur-bearing quadropeds.

This is not necessarily a bad thing ... the luxury of just showing up can't be under-estimated.  I planned a wedding that got canceled and it's a LOT of work.  I wouldn't do it again. 

I haven't been to a wedding in the last 3-4 years that hasn't been formal ... but all absolutely wonderful.  I guess cute is out.

PAH! Bridezilla's - i eat em for breakfast  :twisted:

The idea is from my wish list Eileen - how wonderful to be wed in a silk tent with the hot saharan winds blowing through and camels carrying beautiful exotic gifts and horse races going on until sunset when you get carried off by a guy that looks suspiciously George Clooney, to the 'honeymoon wiccyup'.

aaaaaaahhhhhhh be still my beating heart

Penny in rapture  bear_rolleyes

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_grin Oh, those camels! Definitely!  bear_grin

Eileen

Did you think i meant the cigarettes?  bear_wacko

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh No way--I mean the ones that come with George Cloony!!  :love:

Eileen

oooooooooohhhh i get it now - sorry  :redface:

Yeah - niiiiiiiice  bear_rolleyes

Deb Upstate New York
gotobedbears wrote:

Do you think i could become a wedding planner Eileen? Can you envision it dahling?

I'm not Eileen ... but I can tell you that you most likely COULD become a successful wedding planner!  Good ones at reasonable rates are in short supply.  If my sister had spent half what she paid her wedding planner on food and beverage at her reception, I wouldn't have had to leave hungry and sober.  This gal was paid a boatload of cash, and did a lousy job.

Urrrrrhhhh - a wedding reception where you had to leave SOBER, how common  :|

Deb i do FEEL for you dahling - you get all togged up with your best frock and hat and there's not enough booze? What a drag.

I'll invite you to mine sweetie you won't remember a thing  :P

Penny :dance:

Deb Upstate New York
gotobedbears wrote:

... you get all togged up with your best frock and hat and there's not enough booze? What a drag.

I'll invite you to mine sweetie you won't remember a thing  :P

EXACTLY!  Can't wait ... but I'll remember!
:dance:

but I'll remember!

bet you won't  bear_tongue or do you mean that i invited you?

I can't wait to get married - only did it once for a laugh - cue song 'who's crying now'

Penny single but always lookin

Deb Upstate New York

<giggling> ... I WILL remember that you invited me, and I WILL remember at LEAST portions of the reception.  I'll bring camera.  That should help.
:dance:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I am totally crackin' up here!!  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Eileen,

Congratulations to you and your daughter and son-in-law to be!!  Such happy news!  They make such a beautiful couple.

Weddings are wonderful things. All those good vibes of love and hope and positive expectation and joy!! I love them. Congratulations again!!

Bonnie

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Thanks Bonnie!  I love weddings too--and I'm so happy that my daughter found her Mr Right!!  bear_original

Eileen

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

She is gorgeous!!! Darcy will be home just before Christmas I will send him over!

Many Hugs Louise

P.S. I will look for pics!

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

So glad all went well and Congratulations to the couple :clap: :clap:

Board footer