Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Pages:
Dilu Posts: 8,574

Yep three cheers for good friends and wonderful hubbies.....and thank goodness for this board.....

Thank you Goodness.....Thank you Intercal......

bear_wub bear_wub

and a little chocolate  :cake: never hurst either!

bear_tongue

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

coldcar.jpgfreezing.jpgHi Di you asked

hows it looking in France and England you guys???

Darn freezing here. Everything is white this morning. No snow but thick, thick frost. The pond in my garden has a really thick layer of ice and all the remaining flowers in my garden are spoilt. I dare not go out because the cold makes my breathing worse so I will hibernate like the bears for a while at least. BRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!
Just look at the car...now see what I mean!  bear_whistle bear_whistle bear_whistle

Jane.   bear_tongue

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Dilu,

Check out this website for light-therapy glasses:

www.healthlight.net/index.asp

It's a smallish company in Hamilton, Ontario. The glasses have been well tested, and the price is way way below standard tabletop light units.

I love winter!! Snow, sleet, ice, throw it at me!! I don't even ski, or skate or snowshoe. I just love it. Up to a point, that is. After about mid-February, I'm ready for spring, which doesn't usually arrive here until May.

I wouldn't survive the last 2 months of winter without a Special Project. It could be anything, so long as it absorbs me, but this is what gets me through! Last year I started a hydroponic salad garden. This year it will be some sort of bear challenge. I don't know--maybe a six footer?  :wacko:

Eileen

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Jane - i don't believe it!!!!!!!!!

That's NEVER your car!  bear_laugh  bear_grin  :P

Penny  :hug:

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Hot Christmas would be strange. Where I live in France, We never have snow at Christmas time, but instead we have storms and cold weather. Not great.
I only remember ONE Christmas with snow in my childhood in Brittany.

These days, the weather is getting colder, and twice we had ice in the morning. It is dark at 5 pm. not really exciting.

So, those with warm weather will be invited to send us a lot of warm posts!!!  bear_tongue

Pipa, i would not like to experience so horrible pain...  bear_cry But be brave! I am sure you will soon be blessing your Doctor as you will be totally healed... a bit of patience (I know, easy to say..., sorry).

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

It's chilly here in Kent UK tonight Dilu!  BRRRRRRRR!!!!!!  We've had a beautiful crisp sunny day and tomorrow morning, just like Jane says, everywhere will be dusted white with frost.  It actually feels like winter today.  I've even taken to drinking mugs of hot chocolate, so it's official, winter has arrived!  :)

And I'm told it's only five weeks to Christmas ... sheesh, how'd that come round so soon?????  bear_wacko

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

All Bear wrote:

I'm told it's only five weeks to Christmas

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Only five weeks to Christmas. Doh! that means I'll have to ransack everyone's bedroom and wrap up the gifts from last year what they've never used.......Tee, hee................................not really. I've spent a fortune already on goodies for my beautiful family and they're worth every penny.  bear_wub bear_wub bear_wub

Jane.  bear_whistle bear_whistle bear_whistle

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Noooo, it cannot be possible!!! Time is running too much. Pleeeeeeeaaaaaaaaase, stop it! We need a time break! too much bear to finish before Christmas!
Mmmmmm, yes, the question should be: why do I spend so much time on this forum while I could be busy sewing?  bear_whistle bear_whistle bear_whistle Maybe you've got the answer...

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

lapousmor wrote:

the question should be: why do I spend so much time on this forum while I could be busy sewing?

Amen to THAT, sister!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_sad All I want for Christmas is a little self-discipline!  :wacko:

This year I'm doing all my shopping online. I figure that since I'm already here . . .

Eileen

Pipa UK

I sure hope so Sophie. it's still sore today but it's getting better i can feel it. i just hope it works in the long term because the Doc said if this fails they will have to see about putting a camera into my wrist to have a look at the cavaties between the bones and he said he would probably see the tissue is frayed in which case they will shave it smooth. i dont even want to THINK About having this done so im desperate for this steroid to work. oh boy....!! :Deep breaths:  hehehe

lapousmor wrote:

Pipa, i would not like to experience so horrible pain...  bear_cry But be brave! I am sure you will soon be blessing your Doctor as you will be totally healed... a bit of patience (I know, easy to say..., sorry).

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Pipa UK

Ladies dont panic about xmas.. soon we might not have a xmas at all. did you read todays paper about some council officers trying to get christmas stopped and renamed to something else !

bear_rolleyes

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_sad Ouch, Pipa  bear_sad

I hope the next stage of therapy works!

We've got a lot of political-correctness police up here. One year, a principal proposed holding the Christmas Concert after Christmas, and calling it a Holiday Concert. The parents rioted, being mostly eastern-European catholics. Many have tried, but few have succeeded.

Once my kids reached high school, there was no problem. Kids of every religion participated enthusiastically in the Christmas Concert--they threw white confetti and those stringy thingies, passed out candy canes, decorated their instruments and persons, and generally had a good time. One of the adults gathered all the little siblings around the ugliest, lopsidedest Christmas tree you can imagine, and read The Night Before Christmas, usually very badly. It was a blast!

Eileen

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

You have conjured up a fabulously funny image for me Eileen - i'm sitting here chuckling away to myself! Ah those were the days (i can hear you all groaning out there - 'here she goes' you're all thinking), i used to love going to my kids Christmas concerts - they were hilarious too!

Penny  bear_smile  bear_rolleyes

Pipa UK

it's madness isn't it the things the councils come up with. that being said. i can see it happening here one day  in the future !

For the past 5 years I do all my shopping on line......it is soooooo much easier...and I dont't have to worry about gift wrap etc.  If it weren't for the internet I wouldn't be able to get any holiday stuff done.....

This year I told the hubs I didn't want to do much of the traditional baking.....he said he was fine with that....

Then I said maybe the tree could be smaller since the ornaments are small.....

he was fine with that

so then I said, maybe one of those pre-lit trees?

And he was fine with that.

So......

I eliminated an awful lot of headaches! 

I just didn't want to feel pressured, although i do the pressuring to myself.

I guess I want to keep playing with the mini bear patterns I'm working on and see what happens.....and I have a golly to get dressed and sent.

Eileen thank you for the link!

Dilu

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Hi Dilu long time no chat been missing you!
Anyway.  I love my warm Xmases being able to go to the beach and swim and things like that.  I had one cold xmas in Australia (it almost snowed)   We went from 40 degree (c) temps where we lived to my MIL's place that was in Oberon (NSW Australia near BAthurst) which was about -1 degree (c).
I absolutely froze.

Hi- so glad you are here-  hey you guys from Australia- didn't you have snow this past summer? ( well maybe winter for you summer for us)  Of course Australia is a very big country.......

They showed pictures on the news......

Was i dreaming?

bear_tongue

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I can't imagine having a hot Christmas ... it would seem very strange! 

My favourite Christmas weather is bright, crisp sunshine, the kind of day where you really want to talk a stroll through the park after lunch.  bear_original

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Paula, I agree hot Christmas sounds weird!!  :whistle:

We have so much snow ( I'll post pictures!!) and it's around -25C outside!! Looks like Santa is coming to our place first!! he he he ho ho ho :lol:n030.gif

I can't imagine Christmas without a snow...... :Pn070.gif 

HUGGS, Julia

Pages:

Board footer