Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

nettie scotland
Website

I use Christie bears for looped 3mm boot button eyes and sometimes the onyx beads.I use white thick thread for the beads and just touch the thread with a marker to hide it once theeyes is fixed.This blends better than thik black for some reason.
I also use an awl.
I make a dark grey area with marker before I fix the eyes as airbrushing wee tinies sometimes leaves a lighter bit.

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

OH Crud Kimmie,
I can't just chop off the heads!!!Not that a few bears haven't lost their heads here now and then.
I usually make the heads first do all the sculpting, everything before I make the body, so if a head turns out ugly it never gets a body. HA HA I have afew ugly heads rolling around. bear_grin bear_laugh bear_grin

Thanks for the tips.
kathy

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Guillotined Bears Annon will be meeting in 15 min.  Meeting in the therapy Forum.

bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania
kathytaylor wrote:

OH Crud Kimmie,
I can't just chop off the heads!!!Not that a few bears haven't lost their heads here now and then.
I usually make the heads first do all the sculpting, everything before I make the body, so if a head turns out ugly it never gets a body. HA HA I have afew ugly heads rolling around. bear_grin bear_laugh bear_grin

Thanks for the tips.
kathy

LMAO  - I do that with my mohair/synthetic/real fur bears but not with needle sculpted ones LOL which is a good thing!  bear_laugh

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Thanks guys!  can someone post a pic of eyes that are easy to use?  I found some more mohair yarn.  Jenn

Board footer