Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

nandesign Posts: 361

Hi Tami...Thank-you so much. Actually, they are CD holders and came from Ikea. They are normally white inside and on the outsides...but when I painted the living room, I wanted them to blend in and so I sanded and painted them inside and out the same color as the walls. I have one in our bedroom as well and did the same thing with it...the units are really heavy, but they hold a lot....and you don't have to dust too often. I usually take everything out two or three times a year...

Take care,
Hugs, Nancy

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Taking photographs of my tree has been a lesson in photography!  It's quite tricky isn't it?  I fiddled with the settings on my camera and went from this ...

xmastree085.jpg

... to this, with many others in between!  I could definitely do with a lesson on how to do this properly using the manual camera settings. :doh:

xmas08tree07.jpg

Xmas08tree6.jpg

Oh and it would seem I have both the skinniest tree in the world (see earlier post) and now the fattest one too!  My living room tree fills the entire bay window widthways ... must be a girl tree - a very curvaceous lady tree! bear_tongue

K Pawz Guest

Okay, so we decided to go simple this year, usually our house ends up really cluttered and I can't wait to take it down, but this simple route is the way to go for us!

here is my tree
tree.jpg

There is always one or more of these in the tree to add and of course steal the decorations
jazzy_tree.jpg

Emma always ready for a photo op the cheeky cover girl she thinks she is
emmatree.jpg

And Leo loving the new placement of his bed to accomadate the tree
leobed.jpg

Here is our fireplace
fireplace.jpg

The cats stockings on the banister (yes there are 12, which is really good from 25 last Christmas, lots of adoptions this year)
catstockings.jpg

and here is a little bench that I decorated by the front door with some garland, lights and a cute santa elf that I found at Homesense
bench.jpg

Hugs,
Krista

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

tree2008web.jpgOkay... we finally went out  to get the tree!  There was only one big one left... so the husband and I didn't even get to argue about the size, shape, etc...  bear_rolleyes  I most crtainly would have picked out something THINNER!!!!!  This one is 11 and 1/2 feet tall and at least 8 feet across... it takes up a good 1/3 of our living room.  Grrrrr.  The kids love it though!  Funny, Miranda is ALWAYS wearing a pink shirt whenever we take the impromtu, " thank God this tree is up shot!"  I guess somethings never change!  They look like babies next to the tree, but they are regular "full sized" children... 8 and 6 at this point.  Sorry it's taken from so far away... you have to stand back real far to get the whole darn thing in the frame!  I'm up the stairs near the ceiling!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Gemma82 Wakefield
Website

Krista, how on earth is your tree still standing with your cats around and how is your house so fur free?  I envy you!!

I love all the big trees, how long do they take to trim?

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi Krista,

Oh Krista,  I hate to tell you this,  ...........      but I think one of your kitties has run off with its stocking!!!  There are only 11 on your banister!!!!! :crackup:  :crackup:

Hugs

Marilyn bear_flower  bear_flower

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

I love to look at the all the xmas trees and decorations bear_original
Marilyn I noticed there was one missing-I kept thinking I had lost count bear_grin
We have a cat problem with our xmas tree-that is why the centre of our tree is tied to a door handle -so hopefully it will stay upright if one of our cats decide to climb it bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh
Laurie :hug:

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

Laurie, when you said you tied your tree to the door handle, it reminded me of when our kids were small and we had a new litter of kittens, 5 of them and about 8 weeks old at Christmas time.  They climbed and knocked over our tree and we had to tie the tree to the curtain rods to keep it up.  We lost a lot of ornaments that year but it was funny with kittens in the tree all the time.  Our kids also had the chicken pox (that was before all the shots they give today) that Christmas so we were house bound for several weeks.  It was a real tree and the kittens had a ball and they entertained the sick kids. 

I love all the Christmas trees and decorations on TT. 
Hugs,
Eva
www.ejcrafts.com

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Love seeing everyones wonderful homes. My decorations are pretty pathetic so I don't think I'll post.. we are still renovating and I can't find my box of Tree Ornaments.... so my tree has 2 ornaments.. lolol. I did give my 2 full sized halloween props that I keep out all year Santa hats.. lol. Oh how festive.. lol.  bear_whistle
Hugs!
Melanie

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Wow Kim, that is an amazing tree!  How on earth do you get it to stand upright?

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

All the decorations are wonderful!
Kim, I can't imagine having a tree that big - my cat's would love it LOL!

I finally had time to take some pics of our tree and decorations to post.  I'm really beginning to feel in a Christmas mood.

3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
2tt.jpg
6tt.jpg
12th.jpg
13th.jpg

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Wow, everyone has such unique yet wonderful decorations and homes.  We finally finished decorating our tree today. We placed it in a different spot this year and I think I like it better in this corner.   I also have a painted white  teddy bear tree . It is really feeling Christmassy now with a the snow we got this week :)LIVINGROON_2008.jpg
LIVINGROOM_Teddy_Tree2.jpg

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Hi Tammy, love your trees, I see a sweety enjoying the main tree also  bear_wub

K Pawz Guest

hahahahhahaha tooo funny! I just found the stocking yesterday under the couch! I guess there was still residue of catnip in it from the toys last year! good eye ladies!

everyone's decorations look lovely!

as for the cat hair it is no easy feat to keep it clean, along with the cats we have the two big dogs who both have thick undercoats, some days I feel like the killer dust bunnies are on the loose....but I have to tell you switching to laminate from carpet made a huge difference...now the dust bunnies just congregate in the corners instead of all over the carpet and are less visible.

hugs,
Krista

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Tammy, your decorations are lovely - what is it with cats and tree skirts.  I bought a new, larger one for our new tree and the cats won't stay off of it.  I've never had this trouble before, but this one is knitted and it's probably quite cozy.

Krista, getting rid of carpets is the best way to go with animals.  We put pine flooriing all through our downstairs, last year, after ripping out wall to wall carpet.  It made such a difference. 

hugs,

Brenda

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

bear_grin How nice it is to have a nosey at the Christmas trees and deco's - some wonderful looking trees! Ok, I've been a very busy person today and decided it was time to drag out the Christmas stuff and after all my hard work (hubby sat on his bum supervising, men!!)  bear_rolleyes  I got the girls to pose in front of the tree to show it off  bear_original Christmas_2008_2.jpgChristmas_2008_1.jpg

Board footer