Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

bearhug07 Strange Bears
Sydney

well went to the surgeon today and now have a lovely sky blue plaster on the hand.......have damaged the scaphoid, tapezoid and a few other "zoids" in the hand. In plaster for 7 weeks and then he will review the bones progress and decide if surgery is needed!!!!  As the bones were sitting nicely in place and none of teh fractures or breaks were in nasty places he is actually quite positive......just surprised thst I managed to damage so many in the hand and not anywhere else in my body. He actually commented that if he sees a hand with so much damage usually ribs and or legs are also damaged. Trust me to be different!!

Ah well 7 weeks in our hottest weather in a cast!!!!!!!  uurrggghhh bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

That sounds all very positive Sandra. It's a good thing Garth can cook, SEVEN weeks I'd go stark raving mad not being able to use my hands for creative pursuits! Take good care of yourself and no more tumbles OK?  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  Hope you can avoid that surgery . . . heal quickly!

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

Wow Sandra

When you do something you really do it well  :hug:  hope you mend quickly and avoid any surgery.

Raewyn

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Sounds like good news all in all! Keep a wire handy for itching those hard to reach places in there. I recall using a wire coat hanger when my arm (hand to above the elbow) was in a cast way back when. Course there was the day an ant crawled in there....... ever seen a 6 yr old who hates bugs try to rip her arm off????
:crackup:

Hope you heal quick! :hug:

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Ouch!!  I hope you're well on your way to a speedy recovery! bear_original  bear_flower

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

P.S.  Not particularly fond of creepy crawly or slithery things.  Although, the simple garden snakes don't bother me much anymore.  I know they won't hurt me.  Spiders though.....I have tiny scars from those little buggers.  Ouch!

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

puca bears puca bears

Ditto to the above, Sandra............and lots of sympathy! I kept a knitting needle nearby to get to the itches when I had my wrist in a cast.  And I hope that when the cast comes off, EVERYTHING is nicely healed..........
huggies
Maria

karenaus Melbourne
Website

May those 7 weeks fly by.... hope your hand is back on deck, so to speak, soon!

FrizzyBear New York

What a terrible tumble you took!  My husband fell and broke his elbow and I can tell you from that experience that it's very important to do the physical therapy to get the use back.  I hope that you can get away without the surgery and that the 7 weeks flies by for you.  Best wishes on your recovery.

The story about the snakes and spiders really gave me a chill from head to toe!  Whew.  I can't imagine being chased by a spider!  eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

Board footer