Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

enchantmentsart Feather Heart Creations
TX

Oh my god!  the 4th picture down with the Koala in getting it the tub is the cutest thing I've ever seen.  Looks  like he's thinking "ahhhhh that feels good"
:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Stellajella Wien

Awww, poor little baby! he probably suffered a lot but was lucky to find relieve. Makes me sad to think of all the poor creatures- 2 or 4 legged- that did not get any relief from this head!
I wish for you, that the temperature will get more "normal"!
Gaby bear_flower

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Denise,

Isn't that the sweetest, most darling little koala! ~ I had a friend send me this also and could not get over how cute it was.
Must be so hard for any animals in this heat.

It is sweltering hot over here also.

Stay cool

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Awwww,  that has got to be the cutest thing I've ever seen.  Oh what an adorable little koala !  :redface:  :redface:  I hope he got cooled off.

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi Denise,

Just thought I would let you know that this little fella has now hit our national newspapers!  I opened a paper this morning, and there
he was ... sitting in his little bowl of water!  How sweet!  Feel so sad though at all the poor little mites that didn't make it in the heat and have
perished.  Thankfully we do have a happier side too and I believe this little guy is to be re-united with his mum who was apparently in a nearby tree!

Hugs

Marilyn bear_flower

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Dear Marilyn,
Thanks for the update.  :clap:   
I have been worried about this little guy! As you know we do not have these little babies here in my neck of the woods and for some reason I have been dreaming of this little baby and terribly worried he was not well. I'm so glad his mom was able to find him. I have sent his pictures to many of my family and freinds. I will be sure to update them as well.
Thanks again! bear_wub
You are too sweet. :redface:
Cyndee

Densteds Densteds
Website

Thanks for that Marilyn,
I thought his mum couldn't be too far away, she would have been more wary of going near people, but obviously the little guy just got so hot, he wasn't worried...glad to hear they were reunited bear_thumb

NIKKEL Nikkel Bears
Orient Point, NSW

Denise - what great photos.

It sure has been hot down south hasn't it - you guys in Vic & SA have been the topic of discussion here in NSW with your horrendous hot weather (where we're only due to reach the relatively mild high 30's over the weekend).

We've made our rather large Alaskan Malamute a big chicken stock iceblock in a tupperware container ready for tomorrow when the heat hits again.  Dr Harry (TV vet) said it's great for dogs and cats (and other animals I suppose) to lick while it melts and keeps them cool.

Keep cool.

Marg  bear_original

Densteds Densteds
Website

Hi Marg,

we're heading for around 42 degrees today, so thanks for that tip about the chicken stock ice cube..my pups will love it...

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Crumbs, I do feel sorry for you all having to be in such temperatures.  I'm good for nothing when it reaches 30 degrees here,  so heaven knows
how you put up with 42 degrees!  I just can't even imagine being that hot!  Take care of yourselves and hope all your animals are okay.

Hugs

Marilyn bear_flower

kezjoy KezjoyKritterz
Gippsland Victoria

that is cute!! How are things your way Denise?? We have fires close by

Densteds Densteds
Website
kezjoy wrote:

that is cute!! How are things your way Denise?? We have fires close by

It's just so frightening when they are close, hope things improve down your way, it's just a tragedy....Thankfully no fires near me this year.

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

koala.jpgPoor darling Koala's I feel for you in South Australia at the moment.  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:

This fellow is also an international icon too.   His/Her Rescuer giving a drink of water, was on the news tonight the heat had burnt his/her paws.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

This little one was rescued from the Victorian fires by the animal carer David Tree. (the guy in the photo)
She is now being cared for and doing well with the animal rescue people.
Just thought I would add this Karen...inorder to put some peoples minds at rest. 
How she survived the fire I have no idea. bear_cry the poor love.

Board footer