Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

bearhug07 Strange Bears
Sydney

At a recent show I was approached by a bear artist who, almost aggressively, asked my why I had not answered her emails. Now, apart from currently having a severely damaged right hand, I usually always answer emails, it might take me a while but I do get there!

However I receive up to 200 or more emails a day, often 175 of these a of the type we all know.........offering male medical enhancement or cheap pharmecuticals!!

As I have the magazine on my computer I have a spam filter that stops or deletes any email that either doesn't have a subject line or has a suspect subject line such as "I want to introduce myself........often turns out to be a hooker wanting cyber sex!!"   "Just to say hi.....ditto"  "I'd like to show you....ditto again"

So please if you want to show me or another editor your work make the subject line clear that you are a bear artist and not after cyber sex or offering some medical service!

I know this may sound off or weird but I I have found that I have deleted many valid emails from bear artists through unclear subject lines or they have been sent with no subject lines at all!!

Please understand that you are sending emails to an industry that will have very stringent safeguards against viruses and trojans and our computers are often set to  (or I personally)  junk any emails that look at all suspect.

Don't think that I or any editor is ignoring you if an email is not answered, if your subject line is not clear you may have been deleted for safety reason.......please change your subject line and re-send.

Something along the lines of  ..............New bears from My bears........or .......latest creation of My bears.........My bears introduces new bears at  xyz show........will always get my attention over "Just to say hi "

Sorry if this sounds like a rant but I was upset to be accused of ignoring artists......I would never do this intentionally.

hugs

Mutz Mutz's Tootsz Bears & Buds
New Berlin, Wisconsin

Great Point!
Actually that applys for reaching your favorite teddy bear artist too! I get approximately 100-300 SPAM emails a day. I am alwasy afraid I will miss a customer or friend that is not on my mailing list, so I try to  wade my way through them. Good way to get my attention is "TEDDY BEARS"!
TTFN
Amy

Board footer