Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Pages:
LynBlair Posts: 139

wave.gif
I'm a newbie both to bear making and this forum.  I'm awed by the generosity of those sharing such wonderful information here!  bear_flower  The talent is mind boggling.  bear_wacko

I'm a 43 year old stay at home mom to a 19 month old daughter and an almost 6 year old son.  I was a  couture quality custom dressmaker and designer in my former life, but haven't had much time to even pursue personal sewing projects for a while. 

I have 4 cats  at the moment.  One of our sweeties passed away about a month ago and we all are still feeling quite sad with the loss.  bear_cry   I tend to take in strays whenever they cross my path, so this number could rise at any given time!

Anyway, it's wonderful to be a part of this board and look forward to participating if I end up having anything to offer.

Creative hugs,
Lyn

Oh, yes!  I almost forgot!  I'm a native Ann Arbor, Michiganian but now reside near Ithaca, New York.

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Welcome! You are so very welcome here and the gals are wonderful!

Many Hugs Louise

clare14 Country Bears
England

Hello Lyn!!

A really big welcome to the forum!!   :dance:

You'll love it here, the members are fantastic, and as you have already noticed, very giving with their information and tips!!    We're one big happy family!!   bear_thumb

Enjoy!!!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Hi Lynn,

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll love it here!

Danni

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Welcome Lyn from Australia   this is a great place Fran .

Stephanie Sassy Bears & Fabrics
Aurora, Colorado

Welcome! Get ready for some good times and lots of giggles!  :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hiya, Lyn . . . big welcome to bear making and Teddy Talk!!  Please don't hesitate to participate here - we're all a bunch of crazies having a good time, so welcome aboard!!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Hello Lynn!

So wonderful to have you here. I studied couture style sewing, and used it for many a tailored jacket or gown etc.  Now?

I live in flannels and t-shirts!  And love it!

I am so glad you joined.  Did anyone here fill you in on the rules?

number  033.gif rule?

PICTURESPICTURESPICTURES

a050.gif wooohoooo we do love pictures here   e035.gif

The natives get a little restless when there aren't pictures....
Oh Stop you guys....you know I speak the truth   a055.gif

So welcome, we look foreward to learning from you and sharing with you!

Oh yes we, willl, we will learn lots from you.  Every single member here has taught us all something and it is really great!

bear_tongue

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Big welcome to ya, Lyn! So glad you joined us. There's a lot to learn here and everyone is so friendly! But beware, it is addicting!

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Welcome Lyn to a friendly, talented and an addictive forum .....

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Hi Lyn...welcome from me here in the UK...

Jenny

Thanks so much for the friendly welcome!  I've learned so much already.

Hugs,
Lyn

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Lyn, WELCOME from Russia too!!

I'm soo happy I could meet here all these wonderful bear-artists fromm all over the world.. bear_thumb  bear_wub  bear_flower

Julia

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Hi Lyn, and Welcome!! so glad you joined.  bear_flower

I've only been here a short time myself, but I love it. It is very addicting and like Julia said, so wonderful to meet bear artists from all over the world!

Wow, with all that couture sewing experience you will have the best dressed bears going!! Can't wait to see your work. Dilu wasn't joking about the pictures!! We need 'em and lots of 'em.  bear_grin

hugs,
Bonnie

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Lyn, welcome to Teddy Talk.  :dance:  Great to have you here with us. Post lots and don't forget we love lots of pictures.

Jane  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Hiya Lyn

oooooo a couture dressmaker - I BOW BEFORE THEE O MAGNIFICENT ONE  :clap:

If there is one thing i love it's sewing and i would have loved to work in the fashion industry - you lucky girl you!

Now, i want a full length black silk gown with boning a la Audrey Hepburn, hand rolled hems and NO ZIPS!!!
bear_laugh   bear_tongue   bear_grin

Welcome Lyn - and Dilu is right PICCIES PICCIES PICCIES  bear_grin

Penny  bear_wub

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Welcome, Lyn.  Your dressmaking advise will be sought after, I'm sure, especially for those like me who have figured out how to make a bear, but need some help in the "dressing" department due to lack of sewing experience. I hope we can offer you lots of assistance in bearmaking in return.

Enjoy!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Welcome Lyn!    :hug:

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

A warm welcome to you from France, Lyn!

You will see that poeple here are really really nice! they are always there for you, even if it is not about bear making...  bear_original

This is a very addictive forum, indeed.
Here we do love pictures, as you may know.
Don't forget to add a picture of yourself in the users' gallery!

Have a great fun with us!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

Lyn -
Welcome to our little cozy corner of the web.
I always thought it would be fun to design High Fashion clothing, but I chose bunnies and bears instead.

And Dilu is right we all love to see pictures! and lots of them.
:hug: Hugs :hug:
Jared

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Welcome Lynn, so glad that you have joined us here at Teddy Talk

Hugs
Carolyn

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Warmest bear hugs and a big hello!  So glad you've joined in.   bear_flower

Silly smiles,   bear_original
Aleta

Oh, my!  The welcome has been so wonderful.  Very heartwarming, to say the least.   :hug:

I can't actually believe it, but I haven't done even one stinkin' professional.....well.....anything for 7  bear_shocked  , yep, 7 years.  Where did all the time go?  Hopefully, a wee bit o' bearmaking will help me get in the groove to actually do something monetarily constructive when my little one starts school......and, quite frankly, it should be a great deal of fun.

Warm hugs,
Lyn

Edited to add-  I didn't mean to make it sound like it will be fun when my little one starts school, which is actually going to be quite the bummer. I'll miss her so much!  She's such a sweet little cutie! bear_cry  I meant making bears will be fun.  bear_thumb

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Belated welcome,  Lyn ! :hug:  :hug:
I hope we'll see your bears very soon !  bear_flower
Lots of bear hugs,
frenchie Marion  bear_happy

Gatehouse Bears Gatehouse Gallery
Lockwood, Victoria, Australia

Welcome Lyn.  I make dressed bears, so be ready for me to pick your brain.  Yippee!!

Pages:

Board footer