Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

kellydean k e l l y d e a n & c o m p a n y
Narrowsburg, New York
Website

very-berry-cherry-sm.jpgI haven't been in the studio much this summer, but I've been spending a lot of creative time in the kitchen.  I've been baking cakes for a local cafe for the 5 years, but this spring they asked if I could handle supplying them with a more diversified menu & I started to tackle pies, puddings and cobblers.  It's been a lot of fun, but I miss sharing with the list, so I thought I'd post a few of my other creative efforts. . .

the first pic is my 'very berry cherry' galette, 4 lbs of cherries, blueberries, raspberries & blackberries w'a spalsh of chambord.  that's a sour cream coconut icebox cake in the background, plasted & filled with 4 lbs of shredded coconut.

peach_w_raspberry_blackberry_1_sm.jpg
deep dish white peach w/raspberries & blackberries, sour cream apple pecan in the background.

pineapple_upside_down_cake_sm.jpg
pineapple upside-down cake

raspberry_nectarine_pie.jpg
raspberry-nectarine pie

peach__apple_pies.jpg
peach pie (spiked w/Jack Danials) and sour cream apple w/salted pecan crumble.

these were really fun.  It's hard to put your own stamp on pie, so I started baking my apple pies in a 1o" cast iron skillet.  It holds over 5 lbs of apples!

the peach pie - and most of my other pies are baked on 14" cast iron griddles.  the trick here is rolling out a 28" pie crust and manouvering it into place w/out tearing it

cupcake_cones_4_sm.jpg
coconut cake (again) banana w/white chocolate frosting & toasted walnuts, 3x darl chocolate cake (my best seller, w/over 3lbs of Callebaut dark chocolate between the cake, filling & frosting) and chocolate cupcake-cones.

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Well aren't you just a very talented guy- wonderful looking desserts- wish I lived close enough to sample them especially that yummy looking chocolate cake!!!!
Hugs
Gail bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

These are all gorgeous! And with all that fruit -- totally nutritious:)

Becky

joibear Tickled Pink Bears
Durango, Colorado

:clap: Those are gorgeous, and so creative...
Are all these your own recipes, or family recipes?
I would expect to see something like this on TV or in magazines....  :clap:

Kelly  bear_original

lombardbears Lombard Bears Australia
ALBANY
Website

WHAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW DEEEEEEEEEEEEELICIOUS!!!! bear_wub  bear_wub

Natascha LeftyBears by Natascha Sabo
Remchingen

I'm getting hungry  bear_happy
Those cakes and pies look absolutely delicious! bear_thumb

Cheshire Cat Wilmslow Cheshire

yum yum Kelly ,these look delicious .How about sending some to the UK bear_original
hugs ,
Louise x

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

If we could all meet for a Teddy Talk picnic, we know who'd be cooking!  Yummmmmmmmm..... bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Please come and live with me Kelly.  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin
Between you and my daughter we could have a bake shop, I'd do the selling and you and Sarah the baking (Sarah's love) Mind you I would have to sample the goodies...ummm maybe not after all, I would soon end up at 600 pounds.  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin
Kelly your sewing creations are marvelous, so seeing your artistry in the kitchen has astounded me, wow you are the perfect man...I didn't think they existed.  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin and a  nice guy too! We miss seeing you at Hugglets.

Hugs, Jane.   bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Kelly,
     OMGod, you cook too!  How come more men didn't come from that mold LOL!  They look spectacular. We are heading for Pennsylvania in three weeks - maybe it's time to take a detour to Narrowsburg!

hugs,

Brenda

Yvonne Bebbin Bears
Buckinghamshire
Website

Wow!!!!!!!...is there no end to your talent Kelly!!!! When I first saw the pictures..I thought gosh..Kelly's even making leather pies and cakes now..thinking.. I wonder what birds are going be to popping out of those?? bear_grin  But they are real pies!!!...they look so perfect and delicious!!! bear_thumb ...Mmmmm..I agree with Jane..you've gotta be the perfect guy!!!! bear_grin !..and yes..it would be great to see you at Hugglets again soon!!!

Hugs Yvonne bear_flower

danceswithteddybears Dances With Teddy Bears
Pacific Northwest

OMG I want some!  Incredible is all I can think to say.  Oh, and wow!  Oh, and I want some.  I know, said that one already.
Kelly, you are amazing!  :dance:

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

:clap: OH YUMMY! YUMMY!! and more YUMMY!!  :dance: Way to go Kelly!!

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

I'm almost lost for words!!!!!!!!! My mouth was literally watering looking at such gorgeous delights!!  You are fantastic!!! I can imagine your photographs in an excellent cook book, along with the wonderful recipes of course!  (such a shame I am allergic to chocolate though!!!!!!)  I can imagine the customers in the cafe waiting very impatiently for a slice or two of your magnificent cooking!

Hugs

Marilyn bear_flower

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

Oooooooooh, my!!!  They look phenomenal!!!  YUMMMMMMMMM! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
Cheryl

bearyfun732 Cutiepie Bears

looks scrummilicious! bear_grin

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Ha, ha, I was expecting to see a dessert themed bear piece! What beatiful and scrumptious treats! You are one multi-talented person.   :clap:  :clap:

Krys SoCal

For a minute I thought I was on the culinary arts blog.  bear_grin Wow! Great job! Love the chocolate cupcake cones! You are SO talented no matter what forum!

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

MMMMMMMMMMM looks good, I want some!!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Good grief, Kelly . . . is there anything you can't do with excellent results?  My mouth is watering.

SillySu Susie's Bears
California
Website

Like I've always said....there is nothing SEXIER than a man cooking and baking!!!!

sylvia bjb blue jean bears
Website

OMG Kelly!! What a splendid array of fabulous pies and super duper cakes AND all your own work. You are one talented guy!! The pie crusts look amazing - I wish I could sample them and the chocolate cake and the cupcake cones......... they are sooo precious. Also, your pictures are superb!!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

Was wondering if you'd care to share the recipes? Especially for the apply/friuty ones as we have lots of apples to get through each year and it would be great to do something different and your pies look absolutely wonderful! bear_wub  bear_wub Chris would be over the moon if I presented him with something like those for his pud! bear_original  bear_original

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

You fooled me, too; I was expecting a "dessert scene" like "duck soup."  They are beautiful and yummy looking. Please send the coconut icebox cake and the dark chocolate cake, please. bear_original

MZemeski Posts: 151

Looks like you've been a busy man!!  bear_tongue Baking is fun but that is a lot to have to do!!:wacko:

Hugs,
Melissa Zemeski

Board footer