Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

lbbears Wind Lake. Wisconsin

I have been looking and searching websites for eyes that are not round, they look oblong, like the precious moments eyes (sorry, this is the only way I can think of a way to discribe them - does any one know where I can purchase these.

Thank you
Laurie bear_flower

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Hiya Laurie  bear_grin

Try this site http://www.bearycheap.com/ go to the eye section, they have 'corner' eyes. Don't know if this is what you are after but let me know if you find them as i am always looking for interesting beary stuff  bear_tongue

Penny  bear_wub

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Hi Laurie,
I know Edinburgh Imports has the amber eyes with the whites in the corners.  They are on the wire loop just like the regular bear eyes.  Did you check here at Intercal?  I have lots of the Japanese eyes that are round white with the black pupil.  I can take a picture if you want to see them.  CR Crafts has the oval shaped doll eyes.  They are doll eyes and do not have the wire loop.  You would need to needlefelt eyelids or figure out a way to attach them to your bear.
Donna

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

My mum always said if I watched too much TV I would have square eyes. I hope you find what you are looking for.

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Laurie - you don't say which country you are in but i have found a fabulous site here in the UK for the most amazing eyes, here's the link.

http://www.lornesupplies.co.uk/

They even sell reptile eyes (YUK), the eyes are top quality so are not cheap but are worth it. The people there are very very helpful and great to deal with. I highly recommend them.

Penny  :hug:

Thank you for all the information, I will check out the sites and keep looking.  Amanda, thanks for the laugh your bear is cute bear_laugh I love the facial expresion.  Penny yours is so adorable, it has such a sweet look.
Laurie
PS I live in Wisconsin

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Laurie,
I was just surfing artist sites last night and saw a bear made with black oval eyes (no whites in the corners). Do you think I can remember where I saw it? HA! I'll try to remember... perhaps that artist can share her source with you if I can find her!
Daphne

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Hi Laurie,
Where in Wisconsin do you live?  I am in Luxemburg which is just 15 miles East of Green Bay ( Go Packers!)

Another idea for you to get the shape you want is to needle felt around the eyes and add layers of shading,  and/or use a felt backing.  There are so many posibilities when it comes to eyes...my favorite part of bringing a bear to life. bear_wub

How about this snow storm we are getting today across our state! :dance:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Amanda wrote:

My mum always said if I watched too much TV I would have square eyes.

HA!  You gotta love moms!

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

bear_original Ha , I am not sure what my mom would have said if she saw me sitting grinning to myself in front of this pc

Hi Judy:

I live in Windlake, WI, work in Mequon.  We are close, would love to meet you sometime, I really admire your work and I am still in love with your tigger.  If my memory is correct, I believe this is the first December in awhile that we are going to have snow for Christmas.
Laurie
yea go Pack

Board footer