Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi there,
     I've been reading the last few posts and Chrissie, I'm sorry your grandad won't be with you at Christmas but all your memories will keep you feeling loved at Christmas.  My mum and my sister passed away within weeks of each other, 10 years ago, and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of them.   That was definitely the worst time in my life, but I do feel like they are still with me. 
     Winney, I'd thrilled that your are feeling well, whatever the reason and that you have received such generosity of spirit to help you through this month.  Isn't it exactly what this season is supposed to be about?   Your beaded spiders sound wonderful and I'm sure they will be treasured - a gift from your heart and the best kind!
     I got interested in geneology a few years ago.   I digitally copied a lot of our childhood photos and made them into photo ornaments.  I matted the photos, encased them in two pieces of glass with copper foil and flux, and soldered them together and hung them with ribbon.  My remaining sister had always had a strained relationship with our dad and our late sister.  I made her three photo ornaments - one with all our family as kids, one of her on our dad's knee as a baby, and a picture of her with our late sister when they were about 4 and 6 years old.  When she opened them I thought she was going to cry - I've never felt better about giving a gift.   I'm working on an ornament for my grandson now - it will be a mini book that he can open and it will have a picture of him, followed by pics of all his grandparents on my side of the family, back as far as his great, great, great grandparents.  I'd like to do one representing all four grandparents.   I don't know if I can finish it tomorrow or not, but maybe I will post a picture when it's done. 
     My husband, Neil and I are always struggling to "meet in the middle" over Christmas.  I didn't have a lot as a child, but had a loving home and two parents.  He spent his early childhood in foster homes and several years in an orphanage, even though he had two parents - they weren't capable of caring for their four boys.  He just goes so beserk over Christmas that it's hard to rein him in.  Well, I have a wicked cold and my neocitran has kicked in - I'm off to lala land.  Night night!

Hugs,

Brenda

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Oh Brenda. I could sooo relate to your story, the one with 3 rounds. He he he he he he. Amazing where a fight can come from.
I love your ornaments idea. Very thoughtfull, and sometimes that really gets lost this time of year. Maybe it gets lost at the mall somewhere! bear_wacko

Winney,  you poor thing. I'm soo glad a mysterious angel left some much needed money this year. 1 present is always enough. It's always the thought that counts, and sounds like your health is a great present for you this year.
I wish there was a way I could make you feel better. My mom had alot of the same problems you do, and I very much worry about her.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Big hugs to you Winney. I'm so pleased to hear that you are feeling better and wow what a great person to send you the money. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a happy and very healthy 2006.

Hugs, Jane  bear_flower

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Winney... what Jane said... big hugz to you and good health!   :hug:

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Brenda...what a neat idea, your gift sounds wonderful . I have been doing genealogy too for  years, I started doing it with my grandmother when I was 15.
Later on in her life she was trying to make photo books for all us kids but  ran out of time. so she filled big manila envelopes with old photos with names and dates on them and we have them now. Thats  easy enough for anyone to do. I talked my mom into doing that and good thing because it was not long and she passed away...now its my turn to do it.

Thanks everyone for you nice comments. This morn .I got up feeling great again . YEAH !!!!  HUgs, Winney

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

I've just caught up on this thread....and I'm touched by so many of the posts here. Winney, take care of yourself. I'm glad you are able to see the goodness in life. Brenda, your ornaments sound lovely. They say it's the thought that counts, and it's so true isn't it?

My friend recently persuaded me to wear a red dress to a dinner dance....her red dress, because I have nothing 'dressy' enough in my wardrobe and it was my first night out with my husband for a loooong time. Now, please understand I don't wear red, it's not my colour, but she convinced me and gave me the confidence to wear it. And guess what? I had a great time!!! I felt good in it and got a few compliments too. So....yesterday she gave me a Christmas present, and later when she'd gone I peeked in the parcel (tsk tsk!). It's the red dress. I just know I'm going to cry when I open it on Christmas day. She couldn't have given me a better present  bear_cry . So it's definitely the thought that counts!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What a very sweet story, Helena, and what a nice friend!   :hug:   :hug:

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

I'm just catching up on this post and I'm so sorry everyone is feeling so stressed! This can be such a hectic time of year!  I've gotten most everything done that I need to... what I don't get done will not ruin Christmas so I have decided not to let it get to me.

Chrissie, I'm sorry about your Grandad. My heart goes out to you. I tend to think of the loved ones I've lost more at this time of year. I miss them terribly. When I get to feeling too sad about missing them, I revisit all the memories I have of the good times we shared and think about how blessed I am to have had them in my life. Big hugs to you. :hug:

Big, Big hugs to you Winney too,  I'm so glad you are feeling better and for your mystery angel's gift! Your keepsake spiders sound like very special gifts. I've never heard that legend, but would like to. Take care of yourself and I hope the new year is one of good health and many more lovely surprises for you! :hug:

Brenda, your memory ornaments are a great idea. Things like this can mean so much.

Helena, What a heartwarming story! I would probable be crying too, when I opened that gift.

My Christmas wish for everone is to have everything caught up and sorted out and to be able to relax and enjoy their families and their holiday. Warm wishes and blessings to all of you!

Board footer