Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Pages:
sylvia bjb blue jean bears
Website

So sorry to hear your news, Lenora. Sending many prayers and love your way.   :pray: bear_wub

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

Lenora,
Thank you so much for taking the time to keep us all posted.  Please know that you have many people praying for your son and family. 

Big hugs,

Alison

honusms Fort Worth, Texas

You and yours have a special place on my prayer list! 

Sue

Gemma82 Wakefield
Website

Thinking of you all!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What a horrifying situation, Lorena.  I hope for the best possible outcome for your son.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Lenora I am sorry to hear of your news.
I want you to know as everyone here I am keeping you and your son and family close to my heart and praying for you all.  :pray:

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

We just got back from the hospital...
UPDATE:
Roger opened his eyes today!  He is still moving his left side and has a slight movement in his left side...thank you for all the prayers...God answers prayers!  Please continue to pray that he has a full recovery.
The doctor showed us the CT scan of the part of the brain that is damaged.  It is the left frontal lobe...

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  :pray: Oh how wonderful that he opened his eyes, that surely has to be a good sign.  It will take time and a lot more prayers to get him back to normal.  I will keep you all in my heart and prayers.
:hug: pat

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

That is great news, Lenora : at least he is out of his coma and is moving his left side, so these surely are very good signs.

We'll keep sending our prayers and thoughts to you and your son; apparently they do help !  bear_original

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Great news on the eyes opening, keeping everything crossed that things continue to improve for him

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California
SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Great news!  I hope he keeps making progress.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Good to hear he's doing better!  :)
Very good news indeed!  :)

Is he communicating?  Indicating "Yes" or "No?"  Tapping a finger or blinking an eye, etc.?  Or even making rudimentary sounds.  It's not about the response.  It is about whether he can understand what people are saying.  If he can get that far the rest will come, hopefully.

The Bears still have their transmitters at full power for you!
They said something about varying the phase relationship of the carrier frequency to focus energy on the frontal lobe but I never understand what they are talking about.  Whatever they are doing, it seems to be working and that's all that counts.  Right?  bear_happy

puca bears puca bears

I'm so happy to hear your son is doing better...........hope he has now turned the corner - fingers still crossed here!
big huggies
Maria :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

enchantmentsart Feather Heart Creations
TX

I'm sending prays your way  :hug:  :hug: A few years ago I was in a bad car accident, the out come at the time did not look good but I'm here now saying miracles can & do happen.

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

Lenora,
We haven't heard from you in a few days.  Please give another update when you can and know that we continue to keep your son and family in our prayers.

Hugs,
Alison

Missouri
Website

I haven't been able to post this yet...it's hard!
He is still in a coma.  He has extensive brain injuries.  The doctor was talking about removing part of his brain due to the swelling and internal bleeding but...as of yesterday he said it is no longer necessary because there has been some improvement.  He also opened his eyes...he is not alert at all but does open his eyes.  He has movement on the left side of his body but not the right.  Prayers are coveted in his behalf...His name is Roger

I had posted this under "Bear Hugs"...sorry I put it in the wrong place...

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs

I will keep on sending prayers and good vibes for you and all your family.

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

Lenora,
I will check both places from now on.  Thank you for the update.  We are all praying for Roger and his family. 

Hugs,
Alison

Missouri
Website

bear_original  We just got back from the hospital and they moved Roger to a room in the head injury area...out of ICU!
He is much more alert, smiles at you when you talk to him, he can now move his right leg quite well.  He still can't speak, move his right arm or hand, or the right side of his face. The brain surgeon says the brain is healing itself...It is so encouraging to see such improvements when we go see him!

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Wow! Roger is making a lot of progress. I'm very glad to hear it.  bear_original

Hugs to you both,
Becky

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

Lenora,
That is wonderful news! 

Big hugs! :hug:

Alison

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Glad there's been such good prgoress, long may it continue!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:   bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

great news for your son and the family, all the support you have been giving him is obviously being well received by Roger, thankyou for taking the time to keep everyone updated its nice to know people are interested and care.

hugs to you and Roger :hug:  :hug:

susanxx :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Pages:

Board footer