Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

Katy.......................Beach is lovely, he so made me smile  bear_wub  bear_wub

Julia...................no matter what the category, lets have a peak  :clap:

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

well done sue a very sweet bear!

No julia i didn't buy a frame i got a bottle (maybe 2 well its so cheap here lol) of wine. good luck with the hospital xx

Well done katy what a great bear, great idea.

so we are all waiting  bear_wacko  oh well its the experience thats building and i think all your bears are great!!! my entry is the little bear on the left of my profile thingy

hugs susan x

WoozieJu Woozie Ju Bears
North Walsham
Website

Susan, I'll join you with the wine! I find chocolate always numbs the pain too!!   :hug:
Sue, I'll post a picture when I can find it?! I know I took some before I sent it off but I think I am truly losing my marbles because I can't find them?!! Maybe they're still on the memory card......? My head is definitely not on the job..... bear_rolleyes
Hugs,
Julia x

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

all that wine Julia.... we have an excellent chocolate shop here in the town, they make every type of choco;ate you can think of and even a chocolate that you makes your drink taste of any number of flavours... ooohh my mouth is watering just the thought of it. see it took out mind of the bears lol  :crackup:

hugs susan

Kat Brierley Bears
Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Website

All the winners are listed on the Brewins' Bruins website.

I came 2nd in category 4 with Buster  :dance: . Hopefully the weather will stay nice at the weekend so we can have a celebratory barbeque.  :dance:

ectotherm Posts: 3

Hi To You All especially Katy, Nicky, Sue and the Others that commented on not receiving the results at the National Awards.  I am sorry I have only just discovered this website and the forum.

I attended these Awards and I must say I was very impressed with the competition, the show and the professional organization.  How many teddy bear fairs/awards even have a PA system?  Although the comments were "tongue in cheek" I have never heard of one that would reach from Minstead to Scotland or Portugal!  I have heard of the internet and it is obvious that all the comments were posted on the forum by people with internet access.  These people were complaining about not receiving results on the day following the Awards.  I suspect that the organizers were working long after the show closed to clear away the hall and all the other things that needed to be done.  I feel that to expect every competitor to be given a personal communication by the organizers on the following day was asking just a little bit too much.  However, as one of the competitors pointed out ALL of the results were on the web within two days.

The attendance was described as poor although I would disagree and someone else made the point that a friend of a friend in their place of work had not heard that the fair was on.  Again, I thought the fair was very well advertised.  There were road signs well placed all around the area and it was announced on Wave105 radio.  I also saw advertisements in two newspapers and Collect It magazine.

I am writing because I think these Awards have raised the Standards tremendously and I think that can only be a good thing for teddy bear fans.  I hope the positive nature of my comments does something to redress the negativity.  It would have been nice if all the people complaining had, on receiving notification of the Awards results, come back to the forum and said so.

To end on an even more positive note, why not visit these Awards yourselves - I am certainly looking forward to May 2011.

Val

Hi Val

......................um, I can honestly say that all those posted above did not intend their comments to be seen as "complaining" nor did we think that the fair was ran in a bad way............to explain from a competitors point of view.....

We plan many many weeks in advance on what we will make, then comes weeks of precision crafting, often resulting in re-sewing, stuffing etc........just to make that bear as perfect as possible. Then we wait and wait with baited breath, finally the day arrives and its so tense, I know myself that I am a cat on hot pins all day, I even clocked watched till the results time and I was 150 miles away.

We as competitors have a natural exuberance for any competition and as such are very keen to hear if anyone has heard anything as soon as possible BUT we understand that those that host these fairs are very very busy, often for days after and yes we did hear very very quickly

I myself, can only praise Brewins Bruin for their work in this competition and how it was handled.

Please excuse our over excited state
Hugs
Sue xx

ectotherm Posts: 3

Hi Sue
Thank you for your response.  Your over excited state is excused!  LOL.  My concern was only that people who may be thinking of taking part in the fair or competition might be put off if they felt that the fair was not advertised properly and there was no communication of the results after the competition.  I fully understand that anyone working for many weeks to take part in a competition must get excited, even anxious about the results.  I also did say that I knew some of it was “tongue in cheek†.
I think the new NTBAA is a great step forward and it will be very exciting to see the new Classes next year.  They look like something really different and proper rules and judging can only improve on what has been seen so far.
Big Bear Hugs
Val

Hi Val
Many thanks for your understand and I too wouldn't want anyone to have any misconceived ideas about the fair.

In fact we in the UK are very lucky to have not one but two awards that are both judged in the fur. I will certainly be entering again next year, partly because it does make you strive in what you do and I also believe in supporting both the awards we have and also our UK magazines, we wouldn't want to loose them  :hug:

WoozieJu Woozie Ju Bears
North Walsham
Website

Hi All,
I, like Sue, want to apologise if any comments were misconstrued & caused upset in any way at all.....
I have had a lot of contact with Lesley from Brewins Bruins who is a lovely lady I first met at Brighton last December (we actually met in the ladies!!). She had an enormous amount of hurdles to overcome to get the awards to take place & a huge amount of work was involved too. Whilst I wasn't able to attend the show as I was in hospital at the time, I know everything possible was done to promote the show & the awards & we all, as bear artists, are grateful for the opportunity to take part in another fabulous show being provided for us.
Anyway, enough said, I would hate for Lesley to think that her hard work was not greatly appreciated.
Julia x

Board footer