Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

sheilaleigh Sheila Leigh
Lincoln, Nebraska

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how Bill-Me-Later works?  If I bought something, how much would I have to pay every month?  And how long do I have to pay for it?

bear hugs,
Sheila

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

Hi Sheila,

I wasn't familiar with this so I took a look at it....  it looks like it is basically like having a credit card.  You choose how much you pay every month, so you decide how long it will take to pay it off.  Here's a link to all the info -  https://personal.paypal.com/cgi-bin/mar … ctOverview  I hope this helps!  bear_flower

Plum Cottage Bears Plum Cottage Bears
Long Beach, CA

Plum Cottage Bears Cute Animal Ambassador

If one buys now and pays later with Paypal, when does one get what one has bought?  Now or later?  Ah, that's a conundrum!

sheilaleigh Sheila Leigh
Lincoln, Nebraska

Melisa, Thank you.  That's what I was wondering.  How big are the payments and how long do I have to pay it off.

Gail, I read that you would get your item right away and then pay it off.

bear hugs,
Sheila

Plum Cottage Bears Plum Cottage Bears
Long Beach, CA

Plum Cottage Bears Cute Animal Ambassador

What are the risks from the seller's perspective?

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

It sounds like it would be the same risk for as accepting any credit card payments through paypal - there is always the chance of a charge back that you may have to appeal.

enchantmentsart Feather Heart Creations
TX

Are you asking about PayPal's buyers credit or Bill Me Later?  PayPal's buyers credit works just like a credit card and has a limit based on your credit score.  You can use it to pay for a purchase just like any credit card (if the company takes PayPal) and you get the item (not like a Lay-a-way) the monthly payments are based on the amount charged.  I have a PayPal buyers credit line of $100 and the payments only $10 and it has a low interest rate.  Bill Me Later is another company all together and has stricter credit scores for approval.  It's not a line of credit but just a payment plan though what ever company your buying from.  Again it's not lay-a-way so you get your item and just make monthly payments, but they normally have high interest with Bill Me Later.  Hope that helps :0

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

I laughed right out loud when this window popped up after I bought something last night (won an auction) and went to pay via PP... there was this nice & shiny new ad about their wonderful new PLAN of Buy-It-Now-&-Bill-Me-Later (I do believe it even had a little ® for a trademark on it!!)
Underneath was a long, brightly colored 'button' to show me where to click for activating this great new plan.
On many sites you have to hunt a bit to find the location of the clickable or downloadable activation button—I even asked my DH who sits at the computer next to mine if he could see the button after I'd located it—it's so UN-BOLDED and white text in a light gray background, saying "No, Thanks" rather than YES, PLEASE SIGN ME UP! that I almost missed it even though it was sitting right next to the other one....

Really... lame....

Board footer