Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

Awhile ago I posted that I was unhappy with their customer service and wouldn't order there ago. I must say that I was tempted again by the great discounts they are offering and a couple of weeks ago I ordered again. This time it came in a timely fashion and I had no problems.
Hopefully they've now got their act together and we now have another source for our addictions.

Marion

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Marion...I just sent an order in today and I said I wouldn't order again either.  My last order didn't come and didn't come and then when it did only 1/4 of the items came.  If I had known that the things I really wanted weren't coming and the things I could have done without, came...I would have cancelled the order.

So this time, before I completed the order, I wrote them with my order number and asked them if everything was in stock.  My last order had NO fabric...just needles and nuts and bolts, etc. 
This time I only ordered fabric.  So we shall see.
Nancy

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

That's pretty well what happened to me last time. I was told not everything was in stock and was refunded but was unable to ascertain just what was in stock until it came - late.
The order I made in Dec didn't show the discount so I hesitated to complete it. They emailed me and actually phoned me and said for me to pay the whole amount and they'd refund me thru Paypal - which they did, promptly as well.

Marion

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I wasn't going to drudge the whole thing up again but I too placed another order this week. My fingers are crossed.

I had no problem when I placed my order a couple months ago. Had it in less than two weeks.

But, once you were having problems I decided NOT to order again. Especially after of my 3 emails to the owner went unanswered....STILL!!

So, it's a gamble, I'll admit. But such deals! We'll see what happens. I'm hoping that with the face lift of their website that perhaps they updated their fabric list?? I'm doubting it but time will tell!!

Let me know about your order, Nancy!

They haven't answered my email yet.  I sent it this morning...so perhaps my order doesn't mean a whole lot to them.
I too, was not shown the discount at check out, that is another reason that I didn't continue on.

I will let you know.  Maybe the discount isn't worth the hassle!
nancy

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Hi all,
The owner of Sierra Meadows will be at the San Diego show Jan. 14-15.  I'll make a point to go by her table and let her know how her poor customer service is impacting repeat business.  I doubt that it will do any good since I have had these discussions with her before but it won't hurt to try.  If you want to send me a private message to give to her, I would be glad to print it off and take it to her.  At least I would know that she read it if I stood there and watched her read it.  Doesn't mean you will get your product any faster but at least we can say we tried.
Donna

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Donna !
I sent you PM message about Sierra Meadows Bear.
Thank you so much for your help !!  :hug:

Hello everyone !
I'm no gambling person but I made an order to Sierra Meadows Bear again !  bear_whistle
I couldn't resist for the price.....
My last order with them was OK at the end.  I received the box after a month(well because I'm in Japan  bear_tongue )
and only the 1 of 1/4 mohair was out of stock and everything else came ok.

However....I made a big boo boo for today's order.  :wacko:
I paid too much to them with paypal......how dam am I ??  bear_cry 
The Discount is ***off on mohair but I paid 50% off price  for my mohair order....
I think they will kill me for asking adjustment on paypal !  :(

Marie....  bear_ermm

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Donna,
Your offer to help is most appreciated! Putting yourself 'in the middle' takes a lot of kindness and tact!
You could always just print out our previous threads here about our experiences.
She needs to realize that her business is getting a bad reputation on perhaps the most widely used Teddy Bear Forum on the internet! Not good for business!
If she just answered emails and phone calls promptly and was honest and forthcoming, even if our orders took a few weeks to receive (OK, a month isn't acceptable unless you live in Japan!!) it would be OK as long as we knew the status of our order, out of stock items and there was open communication!
I hope your discussion with her at the show goes ok!
Thank you!  :hug:
Daphne

Just wanted to let you know that I did finally hear back and she has been corresponding quite well now.
Of all the fabric that I ordered, only 2 fat quarters were available...so I don't know what I will do, but at least I am glad to know that.  I really dislike placing an order and then receiveing only part of it with 3/4 marked 'not in stock'.
But, I wanted to say, I did hear back from her.
Nancy

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Marie,
I got your message and have it in my bag to go to the show.  I hope she will at least get ahold of you and let you know that she will take care of the situation.
Donna

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Donna,  thank you !  :hug:   :hug:   :hug:   
I know you will be busy at the show too, so
Please don't put too much pressure on you.  :hug:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I just got my order today! I placed it on Jan 3, got 3 emails on Jan. 8 letting me know what was out of stock (only 1 quarter yard of over 5 yards I ordered!) and that status was updated to paid and later updated to shipped. My order arrived by DHL.... interesting as the last came by UPS. Oh well, it's here and I'm happy.

So, despite what all of you have experienced, I have placed two orders and both times had them within 2 weeks of ordering. This is the first order that has had an out of stock item.

I did send a couple of 'concerned customer due to what others have been experiencing' emails. Don't know if tht made a difference??? I've sent them an email thanking them.

Hope eveyone else has as good an experience as I've had this time around.

Donna, hope you had a nice chat with her at the show!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_ermm  Does anyone understand what's going on at SierraMeadows?

I thought they were closing, then heard that they were just moving, or that the shop was under new management. Now they seem to be promising an all-new website (I think).

I've had the same experience as most of you--long delays in marking my order paid, some things arrived and some were out of stock, but you've got to love the sale prices . . .

Marie, I placed an order with SierraMeadows by mistake once, wrote an email explaining my problem, and the order was cancelled.

My impression is that the operation is very reliable, if slow and a bit confused at the moment! If something is out of stock, why not take it off the website?

Eileen

Matthea Ontario

My first order took over a month to get to me, and my emails went unanswered. I didn't think I'd order again, but I had some money burning a hole in my paypal account so I put in an order with SM (those discounts can't be beat!). 10 days and a few unanswered emails later I received an email telling me 5 out of 6 pieces of mohair I ordered were out of stock. What a bummer! So I canceled the order. I can't justify paying all that shipping for a 1/4 of mohair.
I totally agree with Eileen...if it's not in stock please just take it off the site, or put 'sold out' on that mohair's page. It's easy enough to do.
Next time (there probably wont be a next time, but if...) I will email them first to see what is instock...maybe then they'll write back.  bear_rolleyes

Board footer