Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Shelli's request for a UK teddy bear magazine, made me think, maybe a swap forum would work well on TT?  We could post our wants and offer swaps for anything bear related, ie., mags, fabric, bears, supplies ...

It would be the swapper's personal responsibility to ensure sure swaps go smoothly.  TT would purely offer forum space for member's to suggest their preferred swaps ...

Just a thought!  What do you think?

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

YesSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Great, giant idea!
i totally agree with it, Paula!
Let's go for it, dear friends!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Yep me too ,in Favour.. Rita xxx

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

sounds good idea to me Paula

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Sounds great!!  :dance:   :dance:   :hug:

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

That would be great to have!

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Lovely.  :hug:   I can just imagine the race to get there first  :clap:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

OOOH!!! GOOD IDEA, PAULA!!!

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Can I be first- can I swop my old  brain for a new one?
Lynette bear_original

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Paula that's an excellent idea...we were only talking about that a while ago...how useful it would be to swap something you don't use for something you do..a way of trying something out...

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Would save us money on buying/selling through eBay to get what we need.
And we're all such giving, sharing kinds of people  :hug:  that I bet we could make it work.
You are not suggesting buying/selling, right? Just swapping. Not sure if a buy/sell forum would be allowed... but what do I know!?!?!  :redface:

Kent
Website

Yep, simple, straightforward, no-nonsense, swapping is what I meant Daphne.

It seems like the idea is generating positive feedback thus far, so um ... what next? 

Cooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee - Are any of you advisors out there listening????

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania
All Bear wrote:

Are any of you advisors out there listening????

bear_laugh

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

What a super idea it is so difficult to buy mags, small amounts of fabrics etc and everyone has bits put away waiting to be useful, when others might need that very item.
a "swop shop" would be just the job  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

It would be like our own personal Marketplace. Good idea.

Marion

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA
All Bear wrote:

Cooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee - Are any of you advisors out there listening????

They aren't out of bed yet!!!!  bear_laugh

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I have to go through my schtuff and find out what I can swap… first thing I know is going is a piece of black matted mohair… bear_original

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

its great to swap at the mill where I have a studio we have a corner anything unwanted is put there, and if someone wants it they take it. I works well and saves all of us money
I have given photographic bits and aquierd a vacume cleaner  and table.

Kent
Website
Daphne wrote:
All Bear wrote:

They aren't out of bed yet!!!!  :D

Whoops!  Forgot about the small matter of the Atlantic ocean ...  bear_cry

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

All Bear wrote:

Of course, and already in discussion on the idea.  Will get back to you...

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I'm up now!

I think that is very good and fun idea.

Just a few thoughts:

I do think photos would be a plus in this category.
There would have to be some sort of system worked out to make the trade equal and agreeable without any feelings being hurt or offended.

For example:
I have a full length gray persain lamb fur coat that I would want to swap for .......

...do I wait until someone makes a swap offer that I want.  How would it be handled if an offer is made that I really wouldn't want? 

I am thinking out loud here so any and every suggestion is welcome.

Let's brainstorm here.....

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'm here, too, but haven't decided on the advantages vs. disadvantages of this suggestion.  In theory and on paper it's a terrific idea - but Pandora's Box is waiting in the shadows.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I was wondering about this to.. I would like to do bear swaps this way but what if someone wants to swap something that isn’t my preference.. like a clown bear (AAAHHH!!!)  how do I let them know without hurting feelings and such….  bear_ermm

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Good point, Kim... that's why we'll be discussing the pros, cons, and most importantly, RULES and GUIDELINES for participation, before taking this idea live... if it goes live at all.

If someone has ideas about how to run a swap that would keep it happy, safe, and positive, with no liability to the board, it's Advisors, or Intercal, please post them here.

Thanks!

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Good IDea!

I know I have done 1 swap for mohair with a TT member. It went really well. I found we were easily able to decide on a fair trade.

I can think of soo many things I have that I would love to trade for, large mohair scraps, mohair I didn't like once it got home, eyes, magazines you name it. Even some sassy fabric.

If we can't think of a group way to decide what's fair, that trades maybe can be posted and the details worked out in PM.

Just me thinking out loud

Board footer